Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 426 of 683 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 10237
    Democrats in the senate are pushing to add dental, vision, and hearing coverage to Medicare. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't think it would be known overall, and any polling would change.
    What does this even mean? Do you think more than half of black people if polled would say the N-word is OK or not OK for black people to say?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What does this even mean? Do you think more than half of black people if polled would say the N-word is OK or not OK for black people to say?
    Sounds like one more thing a white person wants to tell a black person they have to or aren’t allowed to do. Classic white people.

one could do many polls and the results would change each time, even possibly dramatically.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No because the sentiment is different. Black people are using a variation of the word as a means of empowerment and a sign of friendship. White people can't just change a racist symbol that is directed at another group of people in which its something they created. If white people started using cracker or honky as a term of endearment, that's something that only affects or involves them. That's my point. This is about what you do among your own race that has no direct involvement with another. The Confederate flag, the burning crosses, the statues of old dead white racists, offend the people they were meant to oppress.

It depends on the black person you ask. I grew up in a diverse neighborhood. I had black friends who were cool with other races (including whites) using the A. I didn't do it but it did exist. For black people that are offended by any other race using any variation of the word, you don't really need to open an encyclopedia or do a Google search to understand why.
    these slurs against white people are nowhere near the same as the N word.

I think the N word ending in ER is horrible, most hateful word there is. I think the N word ending in A is not much different. if people want to disagree then so be it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Seems clear to me that there are some words, many actually, that are just unacceptable among a polite and civilized society.

The N word …regardless (or irregardless for those from NJ) … whether in end in "er" or "A" is just inappropriate period.

The "C" word that women find offensive……it is never appropriate. How would your wife, mother, girlfriend feel if you or one of your friends defined another female ad a c--- in their presence. After all, it's just a word.

Sp-- regarding a Puerto Rican???? When is that ever acceptable.

The "Ef" word (all over the place on this forum) doesn't have any place anywhere. And if "all it is is a word" try using it in front of you boss at the next meeting you attend. Assuming any of you ever attend a meeting at all. Or at the dinner table while having supper (pause for laughter) with the family. Try using it in front of a teacher (professors would probably deem it acceptable) Or in front of the pizza delivery dispatcher. Point is is that it is a useless word that society finds vulgar and unacceptable. So why use it???

these slurs against white people are nowhere near the same as the N word.

I think the N word ending in ER is horrible, most hateful word there is. I think the N word ending in A is not much different. if people want to disagree then so be it.
    Keep that mock outrage riding high!

Damn it's amazing how Fox and Republicans were able to build up a massive PR campaign against Critical Race Theory and convince so many gullible people that it is what it isn't.

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-new...-gop-activists
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Damn it's amazing how Fox and Republicans were able to build up a massive PR campaign against Critical Race Theory and convince so many gullible people that it is what it isn't.

Well……….

It's like trying to teach people that fire is hot, or you can't wlk on water.

There are some thongs you just know. Normal people just know that teaching kids Critical Race Theory is just wrong.

But then again, we don't really know what Critical Race Theory actually is. So why don't you clear it up for us???

You have the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

the illogical debate tactic, you just can't let it go can you?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Seems clear to me that there are some words, many actually, that are just unacceptable among a polite and civilized society.

The N word …regardless (or irregardless for those from NJ) … whether in end in "er" or "A" is just inappropriate period.

The "C" word that women find offensive……it is never appropriate. How would your wife, mother, girlfriend feel if you or one of your friends defined another female ad a c--- in their presence. After all, it's just a word.

Sp-- regarding a Puerto Rican???? When is that ever acceptable.

The "Ef" word (all over the place on this forum) doesn't have any place anywhere. And if "all it is is a word" try using it in front of you boss at the next meeting you attend. Assuming any of you ever attend a meeting at all. Or at the dinner table while having supper (pause for laughter) with the family. Try using it in front of a teacher (professors would probably deem it acceptable) Or in front of the pizza delivery dispatcher. Point is is that it is a useless word that society finds vulgar and unacceptable. So why use it???
    And if you started calling your co-workers cheeseburger or wacky in a meeting or at the dinner table or in front of a teacher? Would that be acceptable?

one could do many polls and the results would change each time, even possibly dramatically.
    But what do you think they’d say?

And if you started calling your co-workers cheeseburger or wacky in a meeting or at the dinner table or in front of a teacher? Would that be acceptable?
    My friends aren't public figures open to criticism. Nor are they a perceived opposition. We did have a guy on the company softball team that dropped an easy pop up. He was called steel hands for years. Is that OK????

What is your real point here???

Aren't you in the military??? Never had funny nicknames for superior officers or inept non-coms???

Now you'll say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    My friends aren't public figures open to criticism. Nor are they a perceived opposition. We did have a guy on the company softball team that dropped an easy pop up. He was called steel hands for years. Is that OK????

What is your real point here???

Aren't you in the military??? Never had funny nicknames for superior officers or inept non-coms???

Now you'll say no.
    My real point is you’re a hypocrite for saying Democrats are the party without class while justifying why you call them all names.

It’s just funny to hear someone go “those people I always call fat and lazy and stupid? Where’s there respect??”

My real point is you’re a hypocrite for saying Democrats are the party without class while justifying why you call them all names.

It’s just funny to hear someone go “those people I always call fat and lazy and stupid? Where’s there respect??
    Public figures are open to criticism just ask the Turtle.

Bolded……no idea as to what you are talking aboyut, and I guess that makes two of us

And you never answered the question………Aren't you in the military??? Never had funny nicknames for superior officers or inept non-coms???