Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 406 of 577 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 8649
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it doesn't have to be white people that do not want a statue torn down. I have previously provided a black woman with NCAAP that said the same thing as well.

it's more of one side of America that wants to make everything about race.
    No it is about race and you choose to ignore it. Robert E. Lee isnt a figure worth glorifying and many of those historic monuments to the South symbolize a time where it was okay to own and kill people of color. Do you realize how many people that offends? I know it doesnt matter to you because you think certain white people should be ones to determine what is okay and what is not but the rest of the world doesn't work that way.

Those aren't good people. Your favorite president can scream it to the hilltops but it doesn't make it true.

why should they leave their protest because other idiots and agitators showed up?

just like why should BLM leave their protest because other idiots and agitators showed up.
    Considering how much time you've spent trying to marginalize BLM, you should probably stop there. I'm sorry if you cant tell the difference in quality of human beings for those who stand for racial equality and those who stand for preserving traditional racist symbolism. Like I said, the stuff that would Sean Hannity want to jump out of his Fox News chair and give you a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well then whats your actual point? "Oh brother" doesn't move the needle either way.
    Your limitless knowledge
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Considering how much time you've spent trying to marginalize BLM, you should probably stop there. I'm sorry if you cant tell the difference in quality of human beings for those who stand for racial equality and those who stand for preserving traditional racist symbolism. Like I said, the stuff that would Sean Hannity want to jump out of his Fox News chair and give you a hug.
    BLM does not stand for racial equality. Sorry that you think that.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    BLM does not stand for racial equality. Sorry that you think that.
    Of course they do. Like most organizations that have a power structure where some of that message gets convoluted by people with less than sterling reputations but the idealism is about racial equality for black people.

why should they leave their protest because other idiots and agitators showed up?

just like why should BLM leave their protest because other idiots and agitators showed up.
    Bc you are protesting in defense of someone that literally fought a war to enslave people. I agree there maybe “other idiots” but they aren’t the reason you should go home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Your limitless knowledge
    The irony of you saying I put words in your mouth lol. Make a counterpoint or stop quoting me because I honestly am tired of the Brett routine. Its played out, predictable, circular nonsense and a waste of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Bc you are protesting in defense of someone that literally fought a war to enslave people. I agree there maybe “other idiots” but they aren’t the reason you should go home

They didn’t want to enslave people and force them to work against their will. They were proverbial slaves to the system…

No it is about race and you choose to ignore it. Robert E. Lee isnt a figure worth glorifying and many of those historic monuments to the South symbolize a time where it was okay to own and kill people of color. Do you realize how many people that offends? I know it doesnt matter to you because you think certain white people should be ones to determine what is okay and what is not but the rest of the world doesn't work that way.

Those aren't good people. Your favorite president can scream it to the hilltops but it doesn't make it true.
    one word, that is universally seen as racist. supported by people from that same side including NAACP.

my argument isn't about whether they were good or not, but that they were not associated with the racist people that were there. this based on someone using Charlottesville as something racist from Trump, which is simply not true.

many times I have given BLM credit. that doesn't mean I can't criticize them on something else.

BLM like anyone else or any other group can do good and still get criticism for other things.

one word, that is universally seen as racist. supported by people from that same side including NAACP.

my argument isn't about whether they were good or not, but that they were not associated with the racist people that were there. this based on someone using Charlottesville as something racist from Trump, which is simply not true.
    There are levels to everything. No these people weren't the racist xenophobes Klansmen and Neo Nazis are but they stood in support of the same racist symbolism those extremist right wing groups did. Knowing full well who Robert E. Lee was and what that statue meant to people of color. If you stand and protest in support of those things, you are part of the problem. Lastly, you arent good people either.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-11-2021 at 04:39 PM.

There are levels to everything. No these people weren't the racist xenophobes Klansmen and Neo Nazis are but they stood in support of the same racist symbolism those extremist right wing groups do. Knowing full well who Robert E. Lee was and what that statue meant to people of color. If you stand and protest in support of those things, you are part of the problem. Lastly, you arent good people either.
    all of that is really more of a useless argument right now. what started this was someone using Charlottesville as an example where Trump was racist. that was not true. that was my main argument against what was said.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Neither is misspeaking. I know Biden has mispoke several times, many posters regularly point out how often he does this actually. I think I know why you are focused on saying this wasn't while actively writing off disgusting bigotry easily though.

I think bigotry towards others is not much better at all specially when you repeat it/attack in ways he has. Also things that can be seen as racist are going to be more likely to be if that person has clearly aimed bigotry at minorities repeatedly. Especially if he is attacking a black person in a way he never has anyone else in that position before.
    Look I gave many examples, a study and article noting tons more and you simply write all of it off. The agenda with you is clear as day and I don't think you care about racism/bigotry at all given your stances. This was an obvious attempt to play gotcha with left media and nothing more. We don't 100% know the intent of either on if they think superiority on race so you can often play these games as we see but it was part of my point. Anyone that has actual issues around racism/bigotry/attacking minorities for being lesser or in ways you wouldn't others would be calling out Trump many times over (whether or not we know the intent for sure the way he does it is clearly pushing the lines at least with actual bigotry).
    I have constantly pushed from day one on this forum that it is wrong to judge or treat others different based on race. But their Ideologies/Religion? That's fair game. So to me, being against or judgmental against someone who "chooses" what they believe is far less egregious than being against something they can't.
    Look we don't agree on Trump or Biden, it just is what it is. What was always my point was is that the media doesn't cover racist **** from Democrats but will actively make up racist **** from Republicans. I have no problem saying there is racism in both parties.. No argument.. But the media needs to cover it. All of it when it happens, no matter which side it will hurt. Like true journalism.

It’s amazing how quickly it took between discussions about the Tulsa massacres of black businesses and the conservative attempts to take discussion of our country’s racist past.

Joe Biden's Presidency

all of that is really more of a useless argument right now. what started this was someone using Charlottesville as an example where Trump was racist. that was not true. that was my main argument against what was said.
    Stay with me here: wanting public statues of confederate generals is racist. When people get together to demonstrate in favor of these statues they are being racists. When some start hurting people those ones are violent racists. Nothing here is good.

Last edited by ewing; 06-11-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.