Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 299 of 430 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 6438
    mostly false, but still called exaggerated.

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/statu...71856708685824
    In today's gun policy address, President Biden exaggerated about background checks at gun shows. Mostly False.

Biden said, "You go to a gun show, you can buy whatever you want, and no background check."
    This is overstated. If you go to a gun show and buy a firearm from a federally licensed seller, you will have to pass a background check, just as if you went to a bricks-and-mortar gun store. You would only escape a background check at a gun show if you bought from a seller who isn’t federally licensed.

what Biden said is a lie.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Seems like every time a gun discussion comes up I learn a new word or phrase.

Never heard of "ghost guns" until yesterday. Guess I'll file that one away with "bump stocks."

And for the record……everything Biden suggested should be accepted.
    Nothing that Biden suggested will make any difference,

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Seems like every time a gun discussion comes up I learn a new word or phrase.

Never heard of "ghost guns" until yesterday. Guess I'll file that one away with "bump stocks."

And for the record……everything Biden suggested should be accepted.
    Nothing that Biden suggested will make any difference,
    I said years ago that gun control was a losing game because ghost guns are just going to get easier and easier. But the reality is that 3d printing is going to change a LOT of things. If you can print your clothes how are they going to "protect" Nike from your ability to print an Air Jordan or 1000 of them? I can drive 15 minutes and buy the hardware to make an unlimited number of guns legally in my home.

I think the "right to repair" legislation is in a similar vein along with the Monsanto intellectual property thing with crop seeds. We need a bunch of new laws and I hope they protect the people and not the corporations.

Here's my "take" (woke word) on all the gun crap:

The gun nuts should accept reasonable restrictions……

Allow a ban on what they consider "assault weapons." Hunters and target shooters can still get their scoped 30 ought 6, 3030s and still enjoy their sports.
    Allow a ban on large size magazines. I hunted years ago and never, repeat never, got off more than two shots. No need for large magazines.
    Get rid of gun show no ID sales. (What is the point of no ID sales???)
    Allow for a 5 day waiting period.
    Go along with gun registration.
    Go along with buying limits
    Go along with total gun ownership. If you want to call yourself a collector, apply for a special license.
    Hold gun owners accountable for "lost or missing" firearms.

All of these should pass 2nd Amendment muster. None of this will overtly affect gun lovers. The can still squeeze off a few rounds. Granted with a bit of inconveience

Now here's the real point…going along with all this will shut up the anti gun crowd. After all, the NRA and the gun nuts have gone the extra mile in compliance with the whiner's wishes.

With all this being done and little to no results in gun crime and mass shootings being realized……the onus of dealing with the gun problem now falls onto the anti gun crowd. After all…the gun lovers have complied with everything they have been them to do.

Sometimes you can get a lot by giving uo a little.

And for the record…I do not have a firearm.

Here's my "take" (woke word) on all the gun crap:

The gun nuts should accept reasonable restrictions……

Allow a ban on what they consider "assault weapons." Hunters and target shooters can still get their scoped 30 ought 6, 3030s and still enjoy their sports.
    Allow a ban on large size magazines. I hunted years ago and never, repeat never, got off more than two shots. No need for large magazines.
    Get rid of gun show no ID sales. (What is the point of no ID sales???)
    Allow for a 5 day waiting period.
    Go along with gun registration.
    Go along with buying limits
    Go along with total gun ownership. If you want to call yourself a collector, apply for a special license.
    Hold gun owners accountable for "lost or missing" firearms.

All of these should pass 2nd Amendment muster. None of this will overtly affect gun lovers. The can still squeeze off a few rounds. Granted with a bit of inconveience

Now here's the real point…going along with all this will shut up the anti gun crowd. After all, the NRA and the gun nuts have gone the extra mile in compliance with the whiner's wishes.

With all this being done and little to no results in gun crime and mass shootings being realized……the onus of dealing with the gun problem now falls onto the anti gun crowd. After all…the gun lovers have complied with everything they have been them to do.

Sometimes you can get a lot by giving uo a little.

And for the record…I do not have a firearm.
    The fact you believe this is mind blowing but not at all surprising. Obviously that’s not true.

That being said, I actually agree with most of your proposals. The problem is the gun nuts would never ever go along with pretty much any of that (which goes back to the Bolded being absurd).

The NRA would never back registering of weapons, they would also be against an assault weapons ban, high capacity magazine bans, and buying limits.

This is a non-starter to gun advocates, much as I like the ideas.

For the record, I own a firearm (and it’s an assault weapon too!)

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The fact you believe this is mind blowing but not at all surprising. Obviously that’s not true.

That being said, I actually agree with most of your proposals. The problem is the gun nuts would never ever go along with pretty much any of that (which goes back to the Bolded being absurd).

The NRA would never back registering of weapons, they would also be against an assault weapons ban, high capacity magazine bans, and buying limits.

This is a non-starter to gun advocates, much as I like the ideas.

For the record, I own a firearm (and it’s an assault weapon too!)
    I don't understand how you do not get some of this stuff.

Reharding your bolded portion……After all, the NRA and the gun nuts have gone the extra mile in compliance with the whiner's wishes.……what I am saying here is that iff the NRA and gun nuts went along with this, you would be taking away many of the arguments of the anti gun crowd. You ae showing a willingness to comply.

I agree the NRA and the gun nuts probably would never go along with this…more the pity. The point is is that if they did go along, they really do not lose all that much while at the same time showing some a good deal of "give" on their part. The NRA and the gun nuts would be showing themselves as the reasonable side of the argument. They give a little to gain a lot. If (more like when) the anti gun crowd comes back in the future (after the next massacre) for more concessions, the NRA and the gun nuts can clearly point out that hey have already given a lot and it is now up to the other side to fix their side's own shortcomings. i.e. the problem has little to do with guns.

I really don't know how you cannot see the point.

I don't understand how you do not get some of this stuff.

Reharding your bolded portion……After all, the NRA and the gun nuts have gone the extra mile in compliance with the whiner's wishes.……what I am saying here is that iff the NRA and gun nuts went along with this, you would be taking away many of the arguments of the anti gun crowd. You ae showing a willingness to comply.

I agree the NRA and the gun nuts probably would never go along with this…more the pity. The point is is that if they did go along, they really do not lose all that much while at the same time showing some a good deal of "give" on their part. The NRA and the gun nuts would be showing themselves as the reasonable side of the argument. They give a little to gain a lot. If (more like when) the anti gun crowd comes back in the future (after the next massacre) for more concessions, the NRA and the gun nuts can clearly point out that hey have already given a lot and it is now up to the other side to fix their side's own shortcomings. i.e. the problem has little to do with guns.

I really don't know how you cannot see the point.
    I see the point. And you’re right if the NRA did this they would indeed be the reasonable side of the argument.

The fact they are fighting everything tooth and nail shows they are not the reasonable side of the argument.

I see the point. And you’re right if the NRA did this they would indeed be the reasonable side of the argument.

The fact they are fighting everything tooth and nail shows they are not the reasonable side of the argument.
    Prettymuch true.

According to Wayne LaPierre's deposition, the only thing that someone needs to feel safe is a yacht and mansion paid for through donor dollars.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Does Biden care that 20-30% of small businesses will close, they are mostly non union so they probably don't matter.

Very little money in any of the relief goes to small businesses. I guess everyone can go to work for the new green deal next month (oops infrastructure improvements).

Thanks for the shutdown, thanks for the loss of work ( I have 50% of my employees laid off for lack of work, going on 6 weeks now.)

https://about.fb.com/wp-content/uplo...ull_Report.pdf
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Does Biden care that 20-30% of small businesses will close, they are mostly non union so they probably don't matter.

Very little money in any of the relief goes to small businesses. I guess everyone can go to work for the new green deal next month (oops infrastructure improvements).

Thanks for the shutdown, thanks for the loss of work (I have 50% of my employees laid off for lack of work, going on 6 weeks now.)

How many died of covid?

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post

Thanks for the shutdown, thanks for the loss of work ( I have 50% of my employees laid off for lack of work, going on 6 weeks now.)

I've been furloughed for 4 months now with no end currently in sight, so I haven't looked over the ARP like I did the CARES Act, etc.......is there another PPP in there at least? (which was never the best route, even less so now given it's based on current payroll when it should be looking at lost revenues)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I've been furloughed for 4 months now with no end currently in sight, so I haven't looked over the ARP like I did the CARES Act, etc.......is there another PPP in there at least? (which was never the best route, even less so now given it's based on current payroll when it should be looking at lost revenues)
    There is a second PPP available. I just received my company's 2nd disbursement this week.

Interesting side note: all the government has to go on when considering income are tax returns.My last corporate tax return was for 2019 which was a banner year and pre Covid. Same with my personal return. My wife and I received the initial $600 disbursement since everyone did. For the second round of $600 payments, they used the tax returns that they had (2019) and we did not qualify. Same problem with the recent $2,400 payout. We do not qualify. So during a year (2020) that was a financial disaster, we do not qualify for any further funding due to the last tax return being 2019. My accountant thinks that there is a possibility that we will be re-evaluated after the 2020 taxes are filed or possibly get some sort of credit on the 2021 tax return (a year from now).

And before anyone jumps in with we should have filed sooner……very few corporate returns are filed early and many file extensions for later filing. This is not uncommon.

The 2nd PPP (that I'm aware of) is from Trump's 900mil stim bill in January.....as far as I know (I was already furloughed). It was similar to the first, but as long as they're looking only at payroll costs to determine amounts, they're looking at things wrong.....if businesses have already had to furlough or flat eliminate jobs, the amount they'll get is only based on CURRENT payroll...with fewer people on it.

Yeah, all they have to go on are the most recent returns. That's why I told quite a few people to get their 2020 tax returns submitted and suggested quite a few others should wait....depending on how their 2020 was vs their 2019.

And right, it's a very rare corporate return that's even filed on time with no extension, let alone early.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

How many died of covid?
    None of my employees (essential industry) caught covid and we were working and traveling.

Customers are putting on the brakes on expanding / purchasing. The point is other than the PPP funds which our first round took from August to March to get "60 day forgiveness" and the state hasn't followed the IRS on whether its income or not for tax purposes (federal its not, state currently it is). So we can't finalize our financial statements, or our personal or business taxes.

It also affects whether we can low our pricing ( reduced costs) or not once we have work. So we have been in pricing limbo for 5 months.

We received a second PPP loan but its in a segregated account and we only use it for payroll and reimburse our selves after we have paid payroll, right now we are running on our line of credit for the first time in years, our cash is almost gone (7 figures of operating cash ). The PPP loan doesn't come close to covering anything. It will help but small business without employees its even harder.

I will be selling in the next few years and with the reduction cash and value I will lose between 2-3 million dollars that we had built up and left in the business.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG