Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 298 of 430 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 6439
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Student ID? Medicare card? Billing statement? Employment ID?

Lots of states donít accept any of those
    Medicare card certainly should- the SSN has been vetted to get it.
    The others don't actually prove a person is who they're claiming to be....certainly not a billing statement.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Snarkiness unnecessary....obviously there would be specific groups of people who may not have easy access to an ID card states are apparently requiring. Instead of assuming an ID is voter suppression, why would it not make MORE sense to broaden the range of acceptable IDs?

That common demographic you mention would still have easy access to an ID- the exact same one they had when they drove, only it doesn't license them to drive. Far as I'm aware every state in the union does ID cards like that.
    Yep and if you're missing any documentation, you're ****ed. As I've said in my state; if you don't have a photo ID then you need a birth certificate...but if you don't have your birth certificate, then you need a photo ID...it's all brilliantly designed to keep people from getting the documents they need if circumstances aren't perfect all while acting perfectly neutral.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Snarkiness unnecessary....obviously there would be specific groups of people who may not have easy access to an ID card states are apparently requiring. Instead of assuming an ID is voter suppression, why would it not make MORE sense to broaden the range of acceptable IDs?

That common demographic you mention would still have easy access to an ID- the exact same one they had when they drove, only it doesn't license them to drive. Far as I'm aware every state in the union does ID cards like that.
    Because the same people and laws that mandate IDs purposefully donít include such efforts. Itís not that ID laws is inherently voter suppression, itís that itís always done in conjunction without any of the measures your saying would make it not voter suppression.

Why do you think many voter ID laws do not include things like free ID cards for those that donít have them or allowing a broad range of acceptable picture IDs?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yep and if you're missing any documentation, you're ****ed. As I've said in my state; if you don't have a photo ID then you need a birth certificate...but if you don't have your birth certificate, then you need a photo ID...it's all brilliantly designed to keep people from getting the documents they need if circumstances aren't perfect all while acting perfectly neutral.
    My birth certificate and SSN card were both destroyed in an accident and it was darn near impossible to get one without the other. Took two straight weeks of me going to records near daily and filling out forms and providing all sorts of proofs. Luckily I was a young and didnít have a job, but if I did Iíd have had to miss two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Ok and how do you suggest I do that? I outlined the documents required to get each one. Should I forge one to get the other? It's a chicken and the egg that can't just be resolved with "let's make them free" platitudes.
    Why don't ypou try manning up a tad.

You're an adult (I guess) in the 21st century. Figure it out.

You posted about 40-50 ;ines of requirements, documenbts etc. How did you find that out???

You're posting her. Cell phone??? Computer??? How did you swing that without ID???

How do you get to a family emergency on another city without ID??? Walk??? Cash for a bus ticket??? If so, how did you earn the cash???

Point is is that you will do whatever you have to do if something is important enough. All you are doing is throwing up excuses.

Need help??? Seek help.

Talk to your party of choice (gee, wonder who that could be). Ask them for help or direction. Give ole Stacy a call.

Are you a minority??? Is so, there must be some free advocacy group out there or some pony tailed attorney doing pro bono work.

Are you religious??? Ask your clergyman for help.

Stop sitting back and waiting. Just get it done,

Medicare card certainly should- the SSN has been vetted to get it.
    The others don't actually prove a person is who they're claiming to be....certainly not a billing statement.
    Those are all accepted in multiple states and itís worked out just fine.

Adding more regulations for a problem that doesnít exist isnít an answer
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Once Again, you don't need to be a citizen to get a SS number or medicare card so neither document is valid for ID for citizenship.

Educate mothers to get multiple copies and keep BC in multiple places or as an adult keep certified copies in multiple secure location and a photo in the cloud. My mother gave my b/c to me 51 years ago when I turned 18.
    She impressed on me how important it was to keep it safe. I used a certified copy to get my passport in the 70's.

Same thing with D/L and Passport. Its so much easier to get a replacement passport in a foreign country if you have a copy.

People that don't have copies may want to order 1 or more here to save future hassel
    https://www.vitalchek.com/birth-certificates
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

does Joe Biden know that Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms.. would be ATF. not AFT.

video..

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/statu...93214863450112
    Joe Biden just said "AFT" instead of ATF twice.
    not a big deal, but another mistake.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Iím glad to see that Joe is following 45ís lead in pushing red flag legislation. As 45 said, take the guns first then go through due process.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    does Joe Biden know that Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms.. would be ATF. not AFT.

video..

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/statu...93214863450112

not a big deal, but another mistake.
    Not a big deal, but another Special posting. I wonder why?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...525594115?s=21

Dems up to there old tricks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    well, you'd think after being in Washington for 120 years he'd know it's ATF
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...525594115?s=21

Dems up to there old tricks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's pretty impressive! A massive tax AND debt increase. That's got to be a lot of spending to do that!
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Americans are dying of Covid at twice the rate under the current administration than the previous administration.

Congrats?
    Last edited by brett05; 04-09-2021 at 11:15 AM.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    just another incident and part of the pattern for Biden. these type of things happened and will continue to happen, guaranteed. I criticized Trump for the same type of thing, but PSD left doesn't want to remember that.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome