Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 291 of 436 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 6528
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's a ridiculous notion. To be clear: are you saying the combustion engine killed more jobs than it created?
    No. The ICE was a prime driver of the 2nd wave of the industrial revolution and created a huge number of new jobs as well as making it possible for people to get to jobs they otherwise would have no option to take.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the rest may have been perfect. either one part was or was not.

it shouldn't be so hard for this Democrat dominate forum to see Joe Biden stumbling and say damn that was bad and deserves to be criticized, from the same people that would have criticized Trump for the same thing.

imagine if I said ah Trump saying this was just fine, there is no way that would have been okay to this Democrat dominate forum.
    I've never seen people on here harp on about Trump taking a sip of water like a four year old. They'd laugh at it and move on. Move on, he misspoke like he does a lot. Every liberal on here has admitted as much. Hes old as time and had a stuttering problem growing up.

Who. ****ing. Cares.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree that cause and effect is never quite that simple in a complex world economy. But it's certainly true that cars have spread us out more and certainly favors malls over downtowns for business. Over time the downtown city business has catered to more upscale customers to stay in business which also helps lead city living expense to climb and climb which leads to gentrification which leads to poorer people to move further away, etc, etc, etc.

You don't think Walmart is big in online shopping? https://www.marketingcharts.com/indu...ommerce-112285

I didn't say the combustion engine lost jobs, I said it damaged main street businesses.

And I didn't praise Amazon or Walmart.
    Yes, Wal-Mart is big into online shopping now. But trying to portray Wal-Mart's destruction of small businesses being as a result of their transition to online shopping is massively disingenuous. The majority of the jobs they destroyed were long before their push into online shopping (as I suspect you know).

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No. The ICE was a prime driver of the 2nd wave of the industrial revolution and created a huge number of new jobs as well as making it possible for people to get to jobs they otherwise would have no option to take.
    Then your entire point was the very definition of irrelevant. The ICE is a net job creator, Wal-Mart and Amazon are not.
    Last edited by valade16; 04-06-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Him saying it was not that big a deal, It's a common mistake many make unless you're semi-interested in geography.
    this has to be comical. I criticized Trump for Kansas/Kansas City, and here you are saying it's not that big a deal.

I agree it's not a big deal on it's own, just as any gaffe Biden has is not big on it's own. but many mistakes/gaffes are a pattern and cause for concern.

will Biden stumble again, no doubt about it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I've never seen people on here harp on about Trump taking a sip of water like a four year old. They'd laugh at it and move on. Move on, he misspoke like he does a lot. Every liberal on here has admitted as much. Hes old as time and had a stuttering problem growing up.

Who. ****ing. Cares.

the media focused on it.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1271820635040362497
    Trump still hasn't totally figured out how to drink water

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this has to be comical. I criticized Trump for Kansas/Kansas City, and here you are saying it's not that big a deal.

I agree it's not a big deal on it's own, just as any gaffe Biden has is not big on it's own. but many mistakes/gaffes are a pattern and cause for concern.

will Biden stumble again, no doubt about it.
    I’m more concerned with Trump’s pattern.

Just like certain media would cover the **** out of a Joe Biden slip up and not broach the subject of a Trump one. Here's a idea:all media is biased, follow what you want and quite being a ***** about it

Last edited by Kenny Powders; 04-06-2021 at 04:34 PM.

If people expect to be taken seriously on criticism of the former president, then they need to bring a better defense than criticizing about the time that the person made a simple geographic mistake. How about when he pushed Iran closer to having a nuclear weapon by tearing up the agreement with them and several other sovereign allies to limit that progress? Give me real substantive policy disagreements and get the fluff criticisms about things that don't matter out of here.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I’m more concerned with Trump’s pattern.
    despite more examples from Biden during the same time period?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just like certain media would cover the **** out of a Joe Biden slip up and not broach the subject of a Trump one. Here's a idea:all media is biased, follow what you want and quite being a ***** about it

it's the media's job to report the news, without bias and manipulation. if they want to write something about Trump and mistakes then they should do the same thing for Biden. but of course they wont, they love Biden and support that side, no chance they're going to cover him the same and that has been clear before the election.

that would also be the case for media that was relentless against Obama, but failed to be the same against Trump.

media does not do their job, and millions of people are influenced with ignorance.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think Joe looks like a genius compared to Repugnuts who want to attack Baseball, Coca Cola and United Airlines among others. And the way they are spinning "voter integrity" to re-instituting Jim Crow laws is hilarious.

Imagine passing a law to keep people from distributing water on hot days. What mental giants!

despite more examples from Biden during the same time period?
    Yep, because Joe's are examples of being a bad public speaker who trips over his words sometimes, Trump's are examples of someone who fundamentally doesn't know much about anything.

I'd take someone who is knowledgeable but has trouble speaking over someone who has no trouble speaking but knows nothing.

Who. ****ing. Cares.
    This