Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 251 of 424 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 6358
  1. #3751
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,018
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    March 2020 he shut it down, then reopened (canít remember the month?) and thatís when we spiked again. Nasty, you donít remember him ease restrictions and then tighten up right after the wildfires were extinguished.

    That last part. Newsome also had the French Laundry debacle which showed that he didnít care if places were not enforcing lockdowns. Mayor breed traveling during lockdown and Pelosi getting caught maskless. Our states leaders were getting caught with pants down.
    I believe it was June/July when he prematurely lifted a bunch of the restrictions. Even at the time, it felt like a move made to satiate the impatient more than a move made based on the science.

  2. #3752
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    March 2020 he shut it down, then reopened (canít remember the month?) and thatís when we spiked again. Nasty, you donít remember him ease restrictions and then tighten up right after the wildfires were extinguished.

    That last part. Newsome also had the French Laundry debacle which showed that he didnít care if places were not enforcing lockdowns. Mayor breed traveling during lockdown and Pelosi getting caught maskless. Our states leaders were getting caught with pants down.
    Yes he eased restrictions which made sense, but places opened up.with zero distance protocols, which made no sense, and so the reaction to that was to close back down.

    It makes sense.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. #3753
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I believe it was June/July when he prematurely lifted a bunch of the restrictions. Even at the time, it felt like a move made to satiate the impatient more than a move made based on the science.
    No, if anything they waited too long to lift the lockdown.

    The issue was they should have lifted it with a set plan and method to enforce that plan in place. Instead they lifted it thinking the citizens could distance on their own, which was obviously a mistake.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #3754
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,018
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, if anything they waited too long to lift the lockdown.
    While that's certainly debatable, I don't think you are correct. The number of Californians hospitalized with COVID-19 remained between 4,300 and 4,700 in the month leading up to restrictions being eased, despite strict shelter in place orders. Within Los Angeles, 294 people died from COVID-19 in the week leading up to restrictions being lifted, which is basically the same as the 296 people that died there in the first week of May.

    Here's a graph of the number of deaths in California per week throughout the pandemic (which shows things were worse in the three months following the easing of restrictions than they were for the three months leading up to that):



    The issue was they should have lifted it with a set plan and method to enforce that plan in place. Instead they lifted it thinking the citizens could distance on their own, which was obviously a mistake.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    While that's easy to say, California couldn't institute the same sort of draconian measures as your beloved China. Decent sized parts of the population were going to sabotage any of these pandemic restrictions regardless. Not to mention, it's not like all restrictions were lifted in early June, as you seem to be intimating. Masks in public or high-risk situations were mandated across the state on 6/19/21. There was also a county by county watch list to help decide whether to stay in tier three or drop back down to a more restrictive tier.

    I think if one is being honest with themselves and the data at hand, Newsom's lifting of the restrictions in the second week of June was premature. I'm sure you'll stick to your side of this argument regardless though.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 03-14-2021 at 07:10 PM.

  5. #3755
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,018
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes he eased restrictions which made sense, but places opened up.with zero distance protocols, which made no sense, and so the reaction to that was to close back down.

    It makes sense.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This is absolutely not true, Mr. Wannabe Epidemiologist.

  6. #3756
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,005
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    This is absolutely not true, Mr. Wannabe Epidemiologist.
    Capacity restrictions?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #3757
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    98,722
    Republicans: the COVID bull wasnít bipartisan.

    Also Republicans: https://twitter.com/repmariasalazar/...547114497?s=21

  8. #3758
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,333
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Republicans: the COVID bull wasnít bipartisan.

    Also Republicans: https://twitter.com/repmariasalazar/...547114497?s=21
    I'm digging the Freudian!
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  9. #3759
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    40,600
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'm digging the Freudian!
    lol. That was a funny observation.

  10. #3760
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    98,722
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    lol. That was a funny observation.
    For some reason my phone won't stop autocorrecting bill to bull. I literally can't make it stop.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #3761
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,333
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    For some reason my phone won't stop autocorrecting bill to bull. I literally can't make it stop.
    Long press the word in your recommendations bar that you want it to forget and drag it to the trash icon.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  12. #3762
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    98,722
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Long press the word in your recommendations bar that you want it to forget and drag it to the trash icon.
    I've tried everything I normally use. I've found a trick of adding the word to auto replacement in the keyboard section to get it to stop replacing words and that's usually been effective. But it doesn't work for the word bill. That was effective at getting my phone to stop correcting Putin into Purim (no damn clue why that would happen).

    Any time I type bill and it worked correctly, I either did it on my computer or went back and forced my phone to put the proper word like 2-3 times.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  13. #3763
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,333
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I've tried everything I normally use. I've found a trick of adding the word to auto replacement in the keyboard section to get it to stop replacing words and that's usually been effective. But it doesn't work for the word bill. That was effective at getting my phone to stop correcting Putin into Purim (no damn clue why that would happen).

    Any time I type bill and it worked correctly, I either did it on my computer or went back and forced my phone to put the proper word like 2-3 times.
    Backspace when it auto fills bull. It will default to the letters you wrote. That's all I've got for ya.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  14. #3764
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    While that's certainly debatable, I don't think you are correct. The number of Californians hospitalized with COVID-19 remained between 4,300 and 4,700 in the month leading up to restrictions being eased, despite strict shelter in place orders. Within Los Angeles, 294 people died from COVID-19 in the week leading up to restrictions being lifted, which is basically the same as the 296 people that died there in the first week of May.

    Here's a graph of the number of deaths in California per week throughout the pandemic (which shows things were worse in the three months following the easing of restrictions than they were for the three months leading up to that):





    While that's easy to say, California couldn't institute the same sort of draconian measures as your beloved China. Decent sized parts of the population were going to sabotage any of these pandemic restrictions regardless. Not to mention, it's not like all restrictions were lifted in early June, as you seem to be intimating. Masks in public or high-risk situations were mandated across the state on 6/19/21. There was also a county by county watch list to help decide whether to stay in tier three or drop back down to a more restrictive tier.

    I think if one is being honest with themselves and the data at hand, Newsom's lifting of the restrictions in the second week of June was premature. I'm sure you'll stick to your side of this argument regardless though.
    We locked down mid March. It takes about 3 weeks for behavior to show up in statistics, meaning by mid April. At this point we remained locked down but I dont see what the benefit to that was, we could and should have been phasing our economies back open at that point since the outbreak threat was no longer there.

    Regardless of what your beloved liberal propganda told you, draconian measures are not the only way to control an epidemic. Smart startegy and enforcement of that strategy can be very effective.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  15. #3765
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,018
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    We locked down mid March. It takes about 3 weeks for behavior to show up in statistics, meaning by mid April. At this point we remained locked down but I dont see what the benefit to that was, we could and should have been phasing our economies back open at that point since the outbreak threat was no longer there.

    Regardless of what your beloved liberal propganda told you, draconian measures are not the only way to control an epidemic. Smart startegy and enforcement of that strategy can be very effective.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My beloved "LiBeRaL pRoPgAnDa"?

    You are such a clown. Not the least bit surprised that you're sticking to your guns regardless of the data making your argument look like trash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •