Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 251 of 424 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 6358
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    March 2020 he shut it down, then reopened (canít remember the month?) and thatís when we spiked again. Nasty, you donít remember him ease restrictions and then tighten up right after the wildfires were extinguished.

That last part. Newsome also had the French Laundry debacle which showed that he didnít care if places were not enforcing lockdowns. Mayor breed traveling during lockdown and Pelosi getting caught maskless. Our states leaders were getting caught with pants down.
    I believe it was June/July when he prematurely lifted a bunch of the restrictions. Even at the time, it felt like a move made to satiate the impatient more than a move made based on the science.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    March 2020 he shut it down, then reopened (canít remember the month?) and thatís when we spiked again. Nasty, you donít remember him ease restrictions and then tighten up right after the wildfires were extinguished.

That last part. Newsome also had the French Laundry debacle which showed that he didnít care if places were not enforcing lockdowns. Mayor breed traveling during lockdown and Pelosi getting caught maskless. Our states leaders were getting caught with pants down.
    Yes he eased restrictions which made sense, but places opened up.with zero distance protocols, which made no sense, and so the reaction to that was to close back down.

It makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I believe it was June/July when he prematurely lifted a bunch of the restrictions. Even at the time, it felt like a move made to satiate the impatient more than a move made based on the science.
    No, if anything they waited too long to lift the lockdown.

The issue was they should have lifted it with a set plan and method to enforce that plan in place. Instead they lifted it thinking the citizens could distance on their own, which was obviously a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, if anything they waited too long to lift the lockdown.
    While that's certainly debatable, I don't think you are correct. The number of Californians hospitalized with COVID-19 remained between 4,300 and 4,700 in the month leading up to restrictions being eased, despite strict shelter in place orders. Within Los Angeles, 294 people died from COVID-19 in the week leading up to restrictions being lifted, which is basically the same as the 296 people that died there in the first week of May.

Here's a graph of the number of deaths in California per week throughout the pandemic (which shows things were worse in the three months following the easing of restrictions than they were for the three months leading up to that):

The issue was they should have lifted it with a set plan and method to enforce that plan in place. Instead they lifted it thinking the citizens could distance on their own, which was obviously a mistake.

While that's easy to say, California couldn't institute the same sort of draconian measures as your beloved China. Decent sized parts of the population were going to sabotage any of these pandemic restrictions regardless. Not to mention, it's not like all restrictions were lifted in early June, as you seem to be intimating. Masks in public or high-risk situations were mandated across the state on 6/19/21. There was also a county by county watch list to help decide whether to stay in tier three or drop back down to a more restrictive tier.

I think if one is being honest with themselves and the data at hand, Newsom's lifting of the restrictions in the second week of June was premature. I'm sure you'll stick to your side of this argument regardless though.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 03-14-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Yes he eased restrictions which made sense, but places opened up.with zero distance protocols, which made no sense, and so the reaction to that was to close back down.

It makes sense.

This is absolutely not true, Mr. Wannabe Epidemiologist.

This is absolutely not true, Mr. Wannabe Epidemiologist.
    Capacity restrictions?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Republicans: the COVID bull wasnít bipartisan.

Also Republicans: https://twitter.com/repmariasalazar/...547114497?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Republicans: the COVID bull wasnít bipartisan.

Also Republicans: https://twitter.com/repmariasalazar/...547114497?s=21
    I'm digging the Freudian!
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'm digging the Freudian!
    lol. That was a funny observation.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    lol. That was a funny observation.
    For some reason my phone won't stop autocorrecting bill to bull. I literally can't make it stop.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

For some reason my phone won't stop autocorrecting bill to bull. I literally can't make it stop.
    Long press the word in your recommendations bar that you want it to forget and drag it to the trash icon.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Long press the word in your recommendations bar that you want it to forget and drag it to the trash icon.
    I've tried everything I normally use. I've found a trick of adding the word to auto replacement in the keyboard section to get it to stop replacing words and that's usually been effective. But it doesn't work for the word bill. That was effective at getting my phone to stop correcting Putin into Purim (no damn clue why that would happen).

Any time I type bill and it worked correctly, I either did it on my computer or went back and forced my phone to put the proper word like 2-3 times.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I've tried everything I normally use. I've found a trick of adding the word to auto replacement in the keyboard section to get it to stop replacing words and that's usually been effective. But it doesn't work for the word bill. That was effective at getting my phone to stop correcting Putin into Purim (no damn clue why that would happen).

Any time I type bill and it worked correctly, I either did it on my computer or went back and forced my phone to put the proper word like 2-3 times.
    Backspace when it auto fills bull. It will default to the letters you wrote. That's all I've got for ya.

While that's certainly debatable, I don't think you are correct. The number of Californians hospitalized with COVID-19 remained between 4,300 and 4,700 in the month leading up to restrictions being eased, despite strict shelter in place orders. Within Los Angeles, 294 people died from COVID-19 in the week leading up to restrictions being lifted, which is basically the same as the 296 people that died there in the first week of May.

Here's a graph of the number of deaths in California per week throughout the pandemic (which shows things were worse in the three months following the easing of restrictions than they were for the three months leading up to that):

While that's easy to say, California couldn't institute the same sort of draconian measures as your beloved China. Decent sized parts of the population were going to sabotage any of these pandemic restrictions regardless. Not to mention, it's not like all restrictions were lifted in early June, as you seem to be intimating. Masks in public or high-risk situations were mandated across the state on 6/19/21. There was also a county by county watch list to help decide whether to stay in tier three or drop back down to a more restrictive tier.

I think if one is being honest with themselves and the data at hand, Newsom's lifting of the restrictions in the second week of June was premature. I'm sure you'll stick to your side of this argument regardless though.
    We locked down mid March. It takes about 3 weeks for behavior to show up in statistics, meaning by mid April. At this point we remained locked down but I dont see what the benefit to that was, we could and should have been phasing our economies back open at that point since the outbreak threat was no longer there.

Regardless of what your beloved liberal propganda told you, draconian measures are not the only way to control an epidemic. Smart startegy and enforcement of that strategy can be very effective.

We locked down mid March. It takes about 3 weeks for behavior to show up in statistics, meaning by mid April. At this point we remained locked down but I dont see what the benefit to that was, we could and should have been phasing our economies back open at that point since the outbreak threat was no longer there.

Regardless of what your beloved liberal propganda told you, draconian measures are not the only way to control an epidemic. Smart startegy and enforcement of that strategy can be very effective.

My beloved "LiBeRaL pRoPgAnDa"?

You are such a clown. Not the least bit surprised that you're sticking to your guns regardless of the data making your argument look like trash.