Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 158 of 319 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 4777
  1. #2356
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,865
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    really? when? you must have liked EVERYthing this past year, 'cause I haven't seen it
    He certainly has something negative to say about Bernie Sanders and his supporters quite regularly.

  2. #2357
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,311
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What did she say? I’m confused by this “controversy”?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some really controversial stuff...

    https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/p...e61c588b9.html

    “If we don’t pass this bill, it is our sincere belief that more people will die who should not, more people will lose their jobs who should not and more children will miss critical days in class,” Harris said.
    Can you believe the gall of her?!?!
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  3. #2358
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,210
    Biden issued a travel ban on South Africans coming into the U.S. due to a new Coronavirus strain. Don't get me wrong -- that's the right move. But how come when Trump did the same thing with China, Biden said he was racist and xenophobic? Remember, South Africa is majority black (but who were still oppressed by whites during the unfortunate apartheid era).

  4. #2359
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,516
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Biden issued a travel ban on South Africans coming into the U.S. due to a new Coronavirus strain. Don't get me wrong -- that's the right move. But how come when Trump did the same thing with China, Biden said he was racist and xenophobic? Remember, South Africa is majority black (but who were still oppressed by whites during the unfortunate apartheid era).
    Well first I am just curious as I never heard Biden call him racist for it, do you have a link?

    Second, my guess is it was a low hanging fruit to attack him on as opposed to having to give credit which neither party likes to do with the other. When a guy pushes birthirism, banning muslims (unrelated to Covid), attacks people for their nationality, shares propaganda against certain groups and tells others to go back where they came from etc. it makes it really easy to paint a picture of him as maybe a bit racist/xenophobic.

  5. #2360
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    55,659
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Biden issued a travel ban on South Africans coming into the U.S. due to a new Coronavirus strain. Don't get me wrong -- that's the right move. But how come when Trump did the same thing with China, Biden said he was racist and xenophobic? Remember, South Africa is majority black (but who were still oppressed by whites during the unfortunate apartheid era).
    He called him those things bc he is those things not bc he banned travel from China. That’s just what Trump said


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #2361
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,211
    It doesn't matter much anyways. The South African variant already has 3 confirmed cases in the US and undoubtedly there will be more to follow. That said, Democrats jumped the gun when this virus first started making the rounds worldwide. They presumably weren't working with the full details but that's the problem with not letting a situation play out first and instead divulging into partisan politics right away. There had to be good reason why Trump turned off traveling (mostly) to certain countries.

    Makes his future stances about mask wearing and PPE even that much more perplexing and incompetent.

  7. #2362
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,160
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Makes his future stances about mask wearing and PPE even that much more perplexing and incompetent.
    China travel ban had nothing to do with covid, Trump just threw it out there because he was getting smoked by them in the trade war.

    The evidence is clear. He clearly does not have enough understanding of a pandemic to understand what the effect of a tracel restriction would be. If he did, he wouldnt allow JFK and la guardia to run full tilt while NYC was having an outbreak.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #2363
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,211
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    China travel ban had nothing to do with covid, Trump just threw it out there because he was getting smoked by them in the trade war.

    The evidence is clear. He clearly does not have enough understanding of a pandemic to understand what the effect of a tracel restriction would be. If he did, he wouldnt allow JFK and la guardia to run full tilt while NYC was having an outbreak.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Whatever ulterior motives he had, certainly part of the travel ban was to stop the spread of COVID. Unfortunately, it wasn't strict enough because 40,000 people traveled from China the 2 months after it was instituted.

    Trump knew enough from the Woodward tapes that he understood that this was significant.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJkVOs0s3mw

    That was of February 7th. He knew. The problem with a guy like Trump is that he plays by his own set of rules and that it was a sign of weakness to do the things necessary to mitigate the spread. He didn't want to be a positive example, instead he was worried that his base might condemn him for overstepping his governmental authority. The other problem was the virus was already here. You had over 430,000 people travel from China to the US before the Chinese government informed WHO of the virus outbreak in their country.

    https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-tr...deb1ce0b3.html

  9. #2364
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,160
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Whatever ulterior motives he had, certainly part of the travel ban was to stop the spread of COVID.
    I disagree.

    I dont see how that could be true given the fact that he was urging people to not wear masks or take precautions to help control spread.

    I dont think controlling spread was ANYWHERE on his radar with the china travel ban.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #2365
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,211
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I disagree.

    I dont see how that could be true given the fact that he was urging people to not wear masks or take precautions to help control spread.

    I dont think controlling spread was ANYWHERE on his radar with the china travel ban.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Given China was the epicenter of this thing and that people were directly flying from Wuhan (the epicenter inside the epicenter) by the thousands, of course the decision was COVID related.

    The two aren't mutually exclusive though. Trump can still be an idiot at home while banning travel abroad. Again, Trump was big on constitutional rights. He said it multiple times that he would leave those mask mandates to the states and clearly it wasn't an interest of his because he almost never wore one. Trump's COVID denial was stronger privately than it was publicly as well. He couldn't separate the two though so he would let his opinion on the virus take precedence over what he should have been telling American people (wear masks while he does so, socially distancing, having personnel in the WH wear masks, etc).

  11. #2366
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,865
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I disagree.

    I dont see how that could be true given the fact that he was urging people to not wear masks or take precautions to help control spread.

    I dont think controlling spread was ANYWHERE on his radar with the china travel ban.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Of course it was.

    It is so strange how you condemn Trump as the racist of all racists that crippled our economy, yet very clearly said you couldn't decide who you wanted to win the 2020 election right up until election day. I don't know if you can't keep track of your own nonsense or if you just assume no one else can, but trying to follow your train of thought is a real bewildering experience for anyone paying attention.

  12. #2367
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,311
    Imagine thinking these police can be redeemed. Nine ****ing years old! Same people who think those who killed Breonna Taylor can be redeemed.

    https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/sta...739472399?s=21

  13. #2368
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Imagine thinking these police can be redeemed. Nine ****ing years old! Same people who think those who killed Breonna Taylor can be redeemed.

    https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/sta...739472399?s=21
    SO you are saying some don't deserve a second chance? How very loving of the left
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  14. #2369
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,311
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    SO you are saying some don't deserve a second chance? How very loving of the left
    There are only so many cheeks to turn. You can try this bull**** with someone who is going to play along. This officer and police more generally just keep acting people and think that they are going to tolerate being victimized.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  15. #2370
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,670
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There are only so many cheeks to turn. You can try this bull**** with someone who is going to play along. This officer and police more generally just keep acting people and think that they are going to tolerate being victimized.
    I'm more struggling with how pepper spraying a 9 year old can be a partisan issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •