Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 124 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4843
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I really wish that someone could point out all this "privilege" that I am supposed to have.
    Have you ever had to have "the talk" with your children? You know the one where black parents have to tell their children how to try and avoid being killed by the police? My parents never had to have that talk with me. You can see the reason for "the talk" on full display in how George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, etc. were treated by law enforcement when compared to how the people who broke into the capitol were treated. Those are isolated incidents, but they are representative of the larger picture.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    And your whole "culture" argument is demonstratively wrong. Have you ever been to America Sluggo? Does Texas have the same "culture" as New York?

These culture arguments are always a tower of cards.

And the best part is you are actually pushing alt-right propaganda, that you can also find being pushed by the KKK and Neo Nazi's, but then taking the racial identity out of it. Ive had these debates for over 5 years. The same people that try to push for an "ethno-state" use the same arguments. Once you dig an inch deep you realize it's a nothing argument, because you can't point to 5 things that are inherently "American" culture.
    I've simply (but I guess not simple enough for you) stated is that while cultures can co-exist, only one culture can dominate or be the primary culture and there is nothing wrong with that. Just how iut is……everywhere

Your comment "Does Texas have the same "culture" as New York?" serves to prove my point. Their cultures are different. Trying going to Texas and telling them "this is how we did it in NY." They don't care. And you will be ostracized. But they still salute the same flag and follow the same rule of law. Lots of people get tired of having Texans brag about how big their state is or NYC residents criticize the food everywhere they go, It gets tiresome (I learned that first hand…lousy pizza in Tampa. Lousy sandwiches too.)

And as a followup proof ……people in Texas and Florida are concerned about Californians and New Yorkers moving in and bringing their stupid liberal ideas to their new states. But we all are expected to salute the same flag and follow the same rule of law. Can't you see that??? and the answer is no, you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Have you ever had to have "the talk" with your children? You know the one where black parents have to tell their children how to try and avoid being killed by the police? My parents never had to have that talk with me. You can see the reason for "the talk" on full display in how George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, etc. were treated by law enforcement when compared to how the people who broke into the capitol were treated. Those are isolated incidents, but they are representative of the larger picture.
    I think that a lot of black parents are having the wrong "talk" with their kids and this helps to perpetuate the problem. Instead of telling their kids how their life is different, why not teach their kids how to best fit into the best way to live in America. Start with two parents as an example, a HS degree, get a job, children after marriage, and, again, two parents at home every night.

Have that talk.

I think that a lot of black parents are having the wrong "talk" with their kids and this helps to perpetuate the problem. Instead of telling their kids how their life is different, why not teach their kids how to best fit into the best way to live in America. Start with two parents as an example, a HS degree, get a job, children after marriage, and, again, two parents at home every night.

Have that talk.
    Lmao

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I've simply (but I guess not simple enough for you) stated is that while cultures can co-exist, only one culture can dominate or be the primary culture and there is nothing wrong with that. Just how iut is……everywhere

Your comment "Does Texas have the same "culture" as New York?" serves to prove my point. Their cultures are different. Trying going to Texas and telling them "this is how we did it in NY." They don't care. And you will be ostracized. But they still salute the same flag and follow the same rule of law. Lots of people get tired of having Texans brag about how big their state is or NYC residents criticize the food everywhere they go, It gets tiresome (I learned that first hand…lousy pizza in Tampa. Lousy sandwiches too.)

And as a followup proof ……people in Texas and Florida are concerned about Californians and New Yorkers moving in and bringing their stupid liberal ideas to their new states. But we all are expected to salute the same flag and follow the same rule of law. Can't you see that??? and the answer is no, you can't.
    What culture is dominating the USA right now Sluggo.

Have that talk.
    These last 2 posts make you come off as someone who's entire perspective of the USA and black people is based off of Fox News and stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I know, case in point they stormed the Capitol, murdered a police officer and built a gallows to hang prominent members of congress that they didn't agree with. People shouldn't be so guliable
    great point and you're not going to see me disagreeing. big question is whether people can agree it has happened on the left.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I don't think Americans will vote for Don Jr or Ivanka for anything but a spittoon cleaner. Also, Trump is losing support after he condemns his followers for their raid. Just wait until he doesn't sign pardons for them before he leaves offices.
    The PGA is canceling any events at Trump's golf resorts. And that German bank that funded him, won't anymore and the bill is coming due. Trump is on his peers' crap list.

You will be the only rat on a sinking ship wondering where everyone went.
    many said the same thing about Donald Trump in 2015.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    MAGA is still willing to shove money that they are earning into Trump's PAC. He's got about $150M in a war chest that he can pay himself or his family and that will handle roughly half of the business debt that Trump has. And that money is showing no signs of slowing up.
    this part of what I was talking about in how people are easily manipulated, have many/some convinced that MAGA is a bad thing. literally make America great again, how the **** is that controversial. because left wing media said so. gullible.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    My main issue is how the media has always handled republicans. CNN/MSNBC/ABC News are full of left wing journalists who will throw snowball questions at Democratic candidates but will bash any republican that comes on the show.

Then they try to silence right wing media as being “dangerous” to the country

I have no problem with CNN going after Trump for his lies (and rightfully so) but then they go and treat the other side differently because they have the same views as they do.

There’s no neutral news sources anymore. Right wing people will run to Fox News and listen to the Hannity/Tucker of the world. Left wing will run to Maddows/Cuomo etc and we have a deeply divided country because everyone won’t understand the other side or just call one side racist without even trying to see their view points.

We live in a world where everyone is in a bubble and they won’t explore outside that bubble. Social media doesn’t help either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more troubling I think are the many that are convinced the media on their side must be right. too much hate and intolerance on both sides unwilling of uniting.

there wont be any compromise from Democrats now in power, they will do what they want to please their base, regardless if it further divides the other side.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I mean its easy to find multiple examples of protesting that became violent or destructive. That said, Kenosha was ground zero for a few days in August because it was where Jacob Blake was shot. There were plenty of peaceful demonstrating around the US though. I passed by numerous untroubled marches living in Brooklyn and commuting back and forth to Manhattan for work.

The media didn't cover nearly as much of that because news networks like ratings and peaceful protesting doesn't bring in ratings. Anarchy in cities certainly do however.

Cause matters though. What these people are protesting are real problems this world still faces and need to fix (racial inequality, police brutality, a judicial culture that encourages high recidivism rates among minorities).

What Trump supporters were protesting was based on QAnon conspiracies and a fat idiot who couldn't accept defeat.

These are not equal injustices. Its hard to even make a case that the latter is any injustice.
    bold, and this protesting and rioting was not justified because the shooting was. even Jacob Blake himself has since admitted he was armed, despite media saying he was unarmed. that is what riled up BLM, media said Blake was unarmed, when he was and shouldn't have even been there. that is why the police were there and why there was a warrant for his arrest.

situations like this don't help BLM, allows people to point to another incident they were wrong about.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I guess I'm just getting tired of these posts.

1. I don't know anyone who is pro looting. And this keeps getting presented as if Liberals are celebrating the looting of stores. It's the constant right-wing talking point. You just leave that point hanging. You make the entire series of protests about the looting.
    In case GOP supporters are confused here.

LOOTING IS WRONG

2. No it's not "just like the other terrorists". Looting a store is robbery. It's not on the same level of domestic terrorism. You might be meaning "just like the terrorist" as in everyone should be held accountable to the law. But this attempt to act like looting a store is the equivalent of trying a coup in order to destroy Democracy is just a joke.

3. It would be nice then when the President comes out and calls for Kaepernick to not get hired because of his protest that people would stand up for the first amendment then. It would be nice for people to stand up for a peaceful protest that gets tear gassed. I agree. People have the right to protest. Problem is, some people for some causes seem to have a different set of rules they have to live by in this country.

4. Lastly... This is the big one. It's really ****ing irritating that when the right protests the election... no one is confused about it. You can ask 100 Democrats what the protest was about and I'd bet 98 of them would know. While the right tries in every which way to obfuscate from the issue. Somehow Kaepernicks kneeling became about anti troops. I still hear conservatives talk about the group of 12 people who did the "fry them like bacon chant" like what 6 years ago? The GOP doesn't want anyone focusing on the issue.

I do not defending the looting. I don't know why I have to defend the looting. While the GOP constituents literally agree with the BS that happened at the capitol beyond the protesting. And they don't hold anyone accountable for lying consistently about the election results.

Edit: And the biggest lie is people who try to act like this had anything to do with election integrity. It never did. It was always about overturning a legal election. I made a thread in here about the florida state election that had shill candidates put forth with the same last names as the Democratic candidate. But not a single republican seemed to care about this. I never heard it once brought up on Fox news. It was never picked up from the local investigations. Just like people don't care about the 1st amendment till it applies to them.

the media narrative on the left is any rioting/looting/ect is justified which is the problem.

they are a big reason why things are divided because of how they cover what is going on. protesting or rioting from the left, totally fine, must just be a few, or even a myth.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    more troubling I think are the many that are convinced the media on their side must be right. too much hate and intolerance on both sides unwilling of uniting.

there wont be any compromise from Democrats now in power, they will do what they want to please their base, regardless if it further divides the other side.
    This isn't a serious statement. Not from you

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    There’s no such thing as a right or wrong protest. People fought for our country so that these idiots could protest but it’s OUR right to assemble and speak our mind regardless of what you or anyone else thinks of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Of course there are protests we support and protests we dont.

Again, you keep.reverting to.the legality of the protests, that has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Im.explaining to you why people.see a bunch of racist white people crying about losing very differently than black people wanting to be treated justly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I really wish that someone could point out all this "privilege" that I am supposed to have.
    Your thousands of posts on this site paint a pretty clear picture.