Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 123 of 319 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 4777
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    And they are doing so even now. Now that's white privilege.

You think if muslims broke into the capitol they would still let them protest there?

What else do you want?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It’s not white privilege to protest hence all the BLM protests that happen at state capitals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Color of skin is kind of the crux of the problem here...of course this is going to be brought up in the context of racial equality.

You have no clue how good you have it. And that's not an issue in of itself, but when you start trying to silence people wanting the same treatment, then it's an issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Who is trying to silence you? All we are asking is not to burn property or loot. If you want to go protest at the capital that’s your right. Just don’t burn black business owner businesses down or loot the entire store of a small business.

That’s not much to ask

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Who is trying to silence you? All we are asking is not to burn property or loot. If you want to go protest at the capital that’s your right. Just don’t burn black business owner businesses down or loot the entire store of a small business.

That’s not much to ask

There have been riots since cities were created, so that will always be with us when the government fails to do right for their citizens due to greed or injustice. If we had a perfect society, then I will be on your side, but we don't. The historical weight of police associating with racist groups and misconduct in the Black community is repeated with each police brutality and overly aggressive tactics used.

Now, if society doesn't understand the frustration and anger that lead to these riots and address their issues, then we will be having this conservation over and over and over again with our grandchildren inheriting our positions.

Addressing these issues seems to be much to ask for. How long have the black communities have had their issues ignored?
    Last edited by WES445; 01-18-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Color of skin is kind of the crux of the problem here...of course this is going to be brought up in the context of racial equality.

You have no clue how good you have it. And that's not an issue in of itself, but when you start trying to silence people wanting the same treatment, then it's an issue.
    I think our current obsession with race does serve to divide us some too. If you tell a story about 3 people doing something then the story is just about 3 people doing something. If instead you tell a story about an asian person, a black person, and a hispanic person doing something then the story is about race. There is something inherently divisive about adding race to every discussion.

Police out of control is not a race issue.

The mistreatment of poor people by our government in general is not a race issue.

I am in no way saying that every race is treated equally by every individual or the outcomes from interacting with our systems are equal, just that the principle issues are not race based.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think our current obsession with race does serve to divide us some too. If you tell a story about 3 people doing something then the story is just about 3 people doing something. If instead you tell a story about an asian person, a black person, and a hispanic person doing something then the story is about race. There is something inherently divisive about adding race to every discussion.

The mistreatment of poor people by our government in general is not a race issue.

I am in no way saying that every race is treated equally by every individual or the outcomes from interacting with our systems are equal, just that the principle issues are not race based.
    The real problem is with the silly concepts of systemic racism and critical race theory that there is a built in excuse for everything, for every inconvenience, for every failure…racism. Daily life is full of little annoyances, problems, difficulties, nuisances etc. These occur for everyone regardless(or irregardless in NJ).

This accomplishes two things……it makes the race card easy to play. It pops out of the deck for the least little thing and 2……it makes people, admittedly mostly white people, overly cautious when dealing with people of color.

The ironic result is that people of color that demand acceptance make themselves harder to accept. Simple and harmless interactions become potential landmines so it is best to avoid them completely. The possibility of offending someone is so real that it creates an awkwardness in our relations with each other. In many cases we become so over concerned with offending someone that we wind up unknowingly offending them anyway or short changiong someone else.

And it will not get any better anytime soon.

It’s the first amendment right to be able to protest no matter what issue you are fighting for. If people want to protest abortion or other issues it’s completely okay as long as it’s peaceful. The people who were there protesting the results didn’t do anything wrong and it was their right. It’s a right that makes this country great where you can speak about what’s on your mind. The people who went into the capital and caused destruction are wrong and should be punished and thrown in prison.

People who protest racial equality and other issues are free to do that and I have no problem with that. I have issues with people who break into peoples stores and loot and come out with nikes while smiling and laughing. I have problems with people who burn down other peoples business for no other reason to cause destruction. These people need to be held accountable and thrown in prison just like the terrorists who went into the capital and Pelosi office.

There’s literally no comparing things here. If they want to protest the elections or racial equality they have the right to do that regardless if you think one is stupid or not. That’s our freedom it’s what makes our country great. It’s what people are fighting for overseas and it’s the reason why people want to come to this great country.

No one has the right to burn things or destroy things. Yet many people will excuse this behavior while going after the people who entered into the capital. Why can’t we condem both? Why do we have many people with power in the media who will defend the actions of one side but not the other?

I guess I'm just getting tired of these posts.

1. I don't know anyone who is pro looting. And this keeps getting presented as if Liberals are celebrating the looting of stores. It's the constant right-wing talking point. You just leave that point hanging. You make the entire series of protests about the looting.
    In case GOP supporters are confused here.

LOOTING IS WRONG

2. No it's not "just like the other terrorists". Looting a store is robbery. It's not on the same level of domestic terrorism. You might be meaning "just like the terrorist" as in everyone should be held accountable to the law. But this attempt to act like looting a store is the equivalent of trying a coup in order to destroy Democracy is just a joke.

3. It would be nice then when the President comes out and calls for Kaepernick to not get hired because of his protest that people would stand up for the first amendment then. It would be nice for people to stand up for a peaceful protest that gets tear gassed. I agree. People have the right to protest. Problem is, some people for some causes seem to have a different set of rules they have to live by in this country.

4. Lastly... This is the big one. It's really ****ing irritating that when the right protests the election... no one is confused about it. You can ask 100 Democrats what the protest was about and I'd bet 98 of them would know. While the right tries in every which way to obfuscate from the issue. Somehow Kaepernicks kneeling became about anti troops. I still hear conservatives talk about the group of 12 people who did the "fry them like bacon chant" like what 6 years ago? The GOP doesn't want anyone focusing on the issue.

I do not defending the looting. I don't know why I have to defend the looting. While the GOP constituents literally agree with the BS that happened at the capitol beyond the protesting. And they don't hold anyone accountable for lying consistently about the election results.

Edit: And the biggest lie is people who try to act like this had anything to do with election integrity. It never did. It was always about overturning a legal election. I made a thread in here about the florida state election that had shill candidates put forth with the same last names as the Democratic candidate. But not a single republican seemed to care about this. I never heard it once brought up on Fox news. It was never picked up from the local investigations. Just like people don't care about the 1st amendment till it applies to them.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 01-18-2021 at 11:18 AM.

A lot of the principles ARE race biased. And we can go through study after study that shows this. I can show you the effect of the drug war (which I know you don't agree with so don't take that as an attack). I can show you studies that prove that black people serve harsher penalties for the same crimes even when you account for socio-economic standings. I can show you that having a "black" name is a disadvantage.

Hell one of the biggest irony's is when you look at threat assessment in this country. When we look at threats from overseas we will consider the right-wing conservative with military background as the biggest threats. While we constantly underestimate those threats when it comes to domestic problems.

Police out of control IS a race issue. It doesn't effect one race sure, and I agree that there should be a better attempt from the Dems to try to make it about everyone not just one race. But, don't get it twisted. This is an undeniable fact that you can take from a multitude of studies. I agree we should try to push this as a collective agenda for the betterment of society. But a lot of that is because of the right-wing BS from Fox news that will immediately throw their racist BS propaganda, to get people to look down on them.

I hated that immediately after the capitol riots that people were honed in on only the race issue. But I can't believe Scoots you can honestly look at what happened, and not see any difference in how cops conduct themselves.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 01-18-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    The real problem is with the silly concepts of systemic racism and critical race theory that there is a built in excuse for everything, for every inconvenience, for every failure…racism. Daily life is full of little annoyances, problems, difficulties, nuisances etc. These occur for everyone regardless(or irregardless in NJ).

This accomplishes two things……it makes the race card easy to play. It pops out of the deck for the least little thing and 2……it makes people, admittedly mostly white people, overly cautious when dealing with people of color.

The ironic result is that people of color that demand acceptance make themselves harder to accept. Simple and harmless interactions become potential landmines so it is best to avoid them completely. The possibility of offending someone is so real that it creates an awkwardness in our relations with each other. In many cases we become so over concerned with offending someone that we wind up unknowingly offending them anyway or short changiong someone else.

Thank you Sluggo. Yes this is we have things like statistics and data so we can find out where people are getting unfairly treated and adjust our laws. We can look at the rate at which people do drugs and compare the rates by race. ANd then see... HMMM... Black people seem to get arrested a lot more for doing the same crimes.

You offend people sluggo because you generalize about black people being all dumb or criminals. And I do agree that people are overly sensitive towards race (like the people in another thread trying to tell me that Mark Twain might of been racist and Huck Finn is bad because it has the 'n' word in it). However things you say are not the same thing. You say **** that is actually racist. And try to pawn it off as just "being honest".

Congress impeaching Trump with two weeks left def isn’t unity

So we should allow any president to do whatever they want when they’ve been voted out because ah shucks they’ll be gone anyway soon!

Unity would be all sides coming together to expel this idiot and his members of the senate sedition caucus for continually trying to incite a coup peaceful (but still corrupt and illegal) and otherwise. And to send a signal you cannot get away with attempting to destroy our democratic republic and all sides will hold you responsible if you do. And there’s definitely instances of people impeached while not holding office so spare me your faux outrage.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Thank you Sluggo. Yes this is we have things like statistics and data so we can find out where people are getting unfairly treated and adjust our laws. We can look at the rate at which people do drugs and compare the rates by race. ANd then see... HMMM... Black people seem to get arrested a lot more for doing the same crimes.

You offend people sluggo because you generalize about black people being all dumb or criminals. And I do agree that people are overly sensitive towards race (like the people in another thread trying to tell me that Mark Twain might of been racist and Huck Finn is bad because it has the 'n' word in it). However things you say are not the same thing. You say **** that is actually racist. And try to pawn it off as just "being honest".
    Bolded……show me where I have said this. You consistently make statements that you cannot back up……like my saying that I had 100s of professors and I never said that.

What I have said is that many cultures can co-exist but that only one culture can dominate a society. It is just the way it is and that will never change.

The US is an English speaking democratic republic that country operates under a western culture of laws based on a Judeo/Christian system of beliefs. This culture is orderly, polite and law abiding. It is not a "white" society and everyone is welcome but expected to follow the accepted system of mores and ideals.

You can live anyway you wish but the above statement is how this country lives and thrives.

Why not just operate within it??? Why not just go with the flow of what works???

I've also said this before……that when minorities operate within a strict structured society, they do as well as anyone else. In other words…when they act and perform within a structured society, they do as well as anyone. e.g. The military, law enforcement, fire departments……etc. Groups where there are qualifications that have to be met and no room for diversity of action and performance. Minorities do just fine. So why not apply that concept to other walks of life??? I admit that this mystifies me.

The problem is this………I am an American citizen. I don't see myself as a "white American." I am just an American. All of these other groups seem to feel the need to constantly remind society (not "white" society but society in general) as to who they are. No one cares except other people like themselves. Others just roll their eyes and move on. Many people make themselves "avoidable" with this constant carping on what they are. Believe me…no one cares. And it is very sad that so many people just don't realize that by spending so much time and effort trying to get noticed that they are making themselves easy to ignore.

I absolutely agree.... to an extent. We 100% try to inject race into every possible scenario when often times it was not an impact whatsoever for numerous different reasons and across different levels of scope (corporate down to the singular personal level).

Some bad Police are definitely out of control and significant reforms are needed to reign them in as they are in essence an arm of the government. Accountability must be had and no excuse for every single one to have cameras. A lot of the the race impacts affecting black and other minorities do stem from the fact they are more likely to be In dense and poor neighborhoods which lends themselves to more crime and thus more encounters with the police. Which is also why it’s no surprised they on a per person basis the statistics are generally worse for them when it comes to the police as well (but that is not fully the case either).

But that needs to be addressed as well with federal funding to promote educational equity and there are definitely underlying laws that need to be addressed that cause issues with unnecessary lockup’s especially when it disproportionately impacts those groups and help stop socio economic climbing from one level to another.

But we do need to also grapple with the fact that in many states and many areas (particularly in the south), that many people who make up he police are
    Racist still and much more likely to treat blacks and other minorities as hostile and actively use the law against them. There are plenty of police who are way to cozy with far right domestic terror groups in many of these areas and they is clearly a concern as well.

Yankees Farm System

Bolded……show me where I have said this. You consistently make statements that you cannot back up……like my saying that I had 100s of professors and I never said that.

What I have said is that many cultures can co-exist but that only one culture can dominate a society. It is just the way it is and that will never change.

The US is an English speaking democratic republic that country operates under a western culture of laws based on a Judeo/Christian system of beliefs. This culture is orderly, polite and law abiding. It is not a "white" society and everyone is welcome but expected to follow the accepted system of mores and ideals.

You can live anyway you wish but the above statement is how this country lives and thrives.

Why not just operate within it??? Why not just go with the flow of what works???

I've also said this before……that when minorities operate within a strict structured society, they do as well as anyone else. In other words…when they act and perform within a structured society, they do as well as anyone. e.g. The military, law enforcement, fire departments……etc. Groups where there are qualifications that have to be met and no room for diversity of action and performance. Minorities do just fine. So why not apply that concept to other walks of life??? I admit that this mystifies me.

The problem is this………I am an American citizen. I don't see myself as a "white American." I am just an American. All of these other groups seem to feel the need to constantly remind society (not "white" society but society in general) as to who they are. No one cares except other people like themselves. Others just roll their eyes and move on. Many people make themselves "avoidable" with this constant carping on what they are. Believe me…no one cares. And it is very sad that so many people just don't realize that by spending so much time and effort trying to get noticed that they are making themselves easy to ignore.
    Hard to show you when the posts get removed and you get banned for them Sluggo.

And your whole "culture" argument is demonstratively wrong. Have you ever been to America Sluggo? Does Texas have the same "culture" as New York?

These culture arguments are always a tower of cards.

And the best part is you are actually pushing alt-right propaganda, that you can also find being pushed by the KKK and Neo Nazi's, but then taking the racial identity out of it. Ive had these debates for over 5 years. The same people that try to push for an "ethno-state" use the same arguments. Once you dig an inch deep you realize it's a nothing argument, because you can't point to 5 things that are inherently "American" culture.

It's a real shame that you don't have any experience outside of your own privilege. You might understand how ridiculous a claim that you're making is if you did.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's a real shame that you don't have any experience outside of your own privilege. You might understand how ridiculous a claim that you're making is if you did.
    I really wish that someone could point out all this "privilege" that I am supposed to have.