Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 121 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 4844
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    The "Media" has been right about just about everything, and people have been sitting back pointing/wagging the finger at them. The insane defenses of Trump and people that enable him have been the real problem, but people are more interested in finding some way to split the blame 50/50. Really think about the 2016 election and what people were saying then. Look at how much of that came true.

1. The Muslim ban that was all "the media".
    2. Trump supporters claiming that he was about LBGT rights. Which was quickly followed by Trans rights being challenged.
    3. People said he was a tyrant, and wanted to be a dictator as he clearly showed his admiration for leaders.
    4. The constant warnings from the FBI, leading to people completely not trusting them.
    5. Him refusing to denounce things like Nazis. Using whataboutisms to defend the Proud Boys. Him retweeting conspiracy theorist, and legitimizing "news" like Alex Jones.
    6. His constant defense of violence, and blatant support of it.
    7. Ignoring the rising concern of racial tensions and police violence.

People have expanded criticisms of the media into them carrying the responsibility. People claiming to be "in the middle" have stayed in the middle while the president gets more and more radical.

And the thing is people are STILL trying to blame the "left wing media" as fox news focuses on the same **** that through gas on this fire in the first place. "They are trying to take your rights". I didn't hear one person complain about the first amendment after the storming of the capitol. As media figures are chased away, and threatened with violence. People at the rally literally saying they will kill them. People are still claiming to be in the middle as they act like CNN is the enemy of the state as GOP member are still enabling these people. And pushing false narratives like "ANTIFA initiated the riots".

Show me polls of people who are pro BLM violence. Now show me a poll of people who are literally pro "storming the capitol". These things are on completely different levels of problems and yet there are still people in this country (and outside) who are trying to sell the idea that the real problem are the liberals like Biden are trying to turn the country communist. The people who still defend this president at this point are akin to the people who wanted to be allies with the NAZI party without getting their hands dirty. The Joe Rogans of the world who sat there and blew up about how the Bidens are corrupt because of an email, but have nothing to say about the capitol being taken over.

It's really sad to me that people have no ability to sit back and say "you know what I was wrong, this guy is a real danger to this country and Democracy around the world". Our allies see it. Our enemies see it, and are blatantly giddy about it.
    My main issue is how the media has always handled republicans. CNN/MSNBC/ABC News are full of left wing journalists who will throw snowball questions at Democratic candidates but will bash any republican that comes on the show.

Then they try to silence right wing media as being ďdangerousĒ to the country

I have no problem with CNN going after Trump for his lies (and rightfully so) but then they go and treat the other side differently because they have the same views as they do.

Thereís no neutral news sources anymore. Right wing people will run to Fox News and listen to the Hannity/Tucker of the world. Left wing will run to Maddows/Cuomo etc and we have a deeply divided country because everyone wonít understand the other side or just call one side racist without even trying to see their view points.

We live in a world where everyone is in a bubble and they wonít explore outside that bubble. Social media doesnít help either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Can he just collect donations and put it in his pocket forever?

With how unregulated our politics system is, I don't see why not.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Funny how the left talks about this but it was totally okay for people to burn businesses down and loot and destroy property.

BLM people itís okay if itís right wing people itís terrorism when in reality both sides are wrong

does it make it right? Is it proper justification for them to set up a gallows, storm the capitol, actively search for politicians with the threat of executing them?

The majority of the people who participated in the protests for the BLM were being peaceful and were protesting for a legit reason, there were groups that were being violent and looting and destroying property. Just like the right wingers there were some people who were peaceful protesting but, there were more who were being destructive and they were all doing it based on lies and what an Orange Turd told them.

so again, is your state justification for what happened at the capitol?

4. 01-17-2021, 11:42 PM
    Reason
    No/Response to a deleted post

Joe Biden's Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    does it make it right? Is it proper justification for them to set up a gallows, storm the capitol, actively search for politicians with the threat of executing them?

The majority of the people who participated in the protests for the BLM were being peaceful and were protesting for a legit reason, there were groups that were being violent and looting and destroying property. Just like the right wingers there were some people who were peaceful protesting but, there were more who were being destructive and they were all doing it based on lies and what an Orange Turd told them.

so again, is your state justification for what happened at the capitol?
    Iím saying both sides are wrong but you have the MSM and people in here justifying it. CNN said ďfiery, but mostly peaceful protestsĒ as a reporter is behind a burning building.

What would peopleís reaction be if FN said ďmostly peaceful protestsĒ as they showed the capital being overthrown by terrorists?

Why canít people say what happened over the summer and this were both wrong and uncalled for? Instead we have people in power who justified what happened in the summer as okay and needed but than went after what happened last week. Start playing fair and neutral on all sides and I think the respect and unity will come eventually.

You think CNN would have ever said this about the right wing protests?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErYXzrBU...g&name=900x900

BLM people itís okay if itís right wing people itís terrorism when in reality both sides are wrong

No. One side is fighting for racial equality. They are right. One side is fighting because a ****in cry baby can't stand losing. They are wrong.

If right wingers were fighting for racial equality, I would 100% support the cause of these right wingers. If blm was fighting because they think farrakhan won the election but had it stolen , I would not support blm at all.

You keep reverting to the identity. It's not about the identity, it's about the actions. I support and oppose actions. You should too. It will make you stronger in your convictions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

7. 01-17-2021, 11:47 PM
    Reason
    No/Response to a deleted post

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No. One side is fighting for racial equality. They are right. One side is fighting because a ****in cry baby can't stand losing. They are wrong.

If right wingers were fighting for racial equality, I would 100% support the cause of these right wingers. If blm was fighting because they think farrakhan won the election but had it stolen , I would not support blm at all.

You keep reverting to the identity. It's not about the identity, it's about the actions. I support and oppose actions. You should too. It will make you stronger in your convictions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Itís the first amendment right to be able to protest no matter what issue you are fighting for. If people want to protest abortion or other issues itís completely okay as long as itís peaceful. The people who were there protesting the results didnít do anything wrong and it was their right. Itís a right that makes this country great where you can speak about whatís on your mind. The people who went into the capital and caused destruction are wrong and should be punished and thrown in prison.

People who protest racial equality and other issues are free to do that and I have no problem with that. I have issues with people who break into peoples stores and loot and come out with nikes while smiling and laughing. I have problems with people who burn down other peoples business for no other reason to cause destruction. These people need to be held accountable and thrown in prison just like the terrorists who went into the capital and Pelosi office.

Thereís literally no comparing things here. If they want to protest the elections or racial equality they have the right to do that regardless if you think one is stupid or not. Thatís our freedom itís what makes our country great. Itís what people are fighting for overseas and itís the reason why people want to come to this great country.

No one has the right to burn things or destroy things. Yet many people will excuse this behavior while going after the people who entered into the capital. Why canít we condem both? Why do we have many people with power in the media who will defend the actions of one side but not the other?

Congress impeaching Trump with two weeks left def isnít unity

It is for those not part of the cult. Justice isn't always about unity regardless.

My main issue is how the media has always handled republicans. CNN/MSNBC/ABC News are full of left wing journalists who will throw snowball questions at Democratic candidates but will bash any republican that comes on the show.

Then they try to silence right wing media as being ďdangerousĒ to the country

I have no problem with CNN going after Trump for his lies (and rightfully so) but then they go and treat the other side differently because they have the same views as they do.

Thereís no neutral news sources anymore. Right wing people will run to Fox News and listen to the Hannity/Tucker of the world. Left wing will run to Maddows/Cuomo etc and we have a deeply divided country because everyone wonít understand the other side or just call one side racist without even trying to see their view points.

We live in a world where everyone is in a bubble and they wonít explore outside that bubble. Social media doesnít help either

You're as wrapped up in it as about anyone. Be the change you want to see and step out of the bubble.

Iím saying both sides are wrong but you have the MSM and people in here justifying it. CNN said ďfiery, but mostly peaceful protestsĒ as a reporter is behind a burning building.

What would peopleís reaction be if FN said ďmostly peaceful protestsĒ as they showed the capital being overthrown by terrorists?

Why canít people say what happened over the summer and this were both wrong and uncalled for? Instead we have people in power who justified what happened in the summer as okay and needed but than went after what happened last week. Start playing fair and neutral on all sides and I think the respect and unity will come eventually.

You think CNN would have ever said this about the right wing protests?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErYXzrBU...g&name=900x900

I mean its easy to find multiple examples of protesting that became violent or destructive. That said, Kenosha was ground zero for a few days in August because it was where Jacob Blake was shot. There were plenty of peaceful demonstrating around the US though. I passed by numerous untroubled marches living in Brooklyn and commuting back and forth to Manhattan for work.

The media didn't cover nearly as much of that because news networks like ratings and peaceful protesting doesn't bring in ratings. Anarchy in cities certainly do however.

Cause matters though. What these people are protesting are real problems this world still faces and need to fix (racial inequality, police brutality, a judicial culture that encourages high recidivism rates among minorities).

What Trump supporters were protesting was based on QAnon conspiracies and a fat idiot who couldn't accept defeat.

These are not equal injustices. Its hard to even make a case that the latter is any injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I mean its easy to find multiple examples of protesting that became violent or destructive. That said, Kenosha was ground zero for a few days in August because it was where Jacob Blake was shot. There were plenty of peaceful demonstrating around the US though. I passed by numerous untroubled marches living in Brooklyn and commuting back and forth to Manhattan for work.

The media didn't cover nearly as much of that because news networks like ratings and peaceful protesting doesn't bring in ratings. Anarchy in cities certainly do however.

Cause matters though. What these people are protesting are real problems this world still faces and need to fix (racial inequality, police brutality, a judicial culture that encourages high recidivism rates among minorities).

What Trump supporters were protesting was based on QAnon conspiracies and a fat idiot who couldn't accept defeat.

These are not equal injustices. Its hard to even make a case that the latter is any injustice.
    Yes but Trump supporters had every right to peacefully gather and protest if they wanted. It doesnít matter what the cause is. You judge people on actions. Burning stuff down and causing destruction should be no excuse regardless of what they feel. They should be arrested and held accountable. Instead you have mayors who are scared to hold these people accountable and you have media people giving it cover.

Yes but Trump supporters had every right to peacefully gather and protest if they wanted. It doesnít matter what the cause is. You judge people on actions. Burning stuff down and causing destruction should be no excuse regardless of what they feel. They should be arrested and held accountable. Instead you have mayors who are scared to hold these people accountable and you have media people giving it cover.

Sure, no one is arguing that. The cause matters when you act upon it violently though. There is some rationality in violence that fights for a basic liberty. That's what Americans did when they fought the British for independence was it not? Well, minorities are fighting their own battles. They are fighting battles against cops in their neighborhoods, stereotypes and predispositions that expose them to unwarranted danger, a justice system that hands out inordinately harsher punishments on them as opposed to their white counterparts, etc.

Unfortunately, this world doesn't always take unalienable rights as something everyone deserves and its not met with the warmest receptions even when people peacefully attempt to attain it. With that comes other means to possibly change said culture.

Trump followers who stormed the capitol had no merited cause. They either bought Trump's **** or they were somehow bigger lunatics than he is. Democrats running a worldwide pedophelia ring? Like seriously wtf.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-18-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Sure, no one is arguing that. The cause matters when you act upon it violently though. There is some rationality in violence that fights for a basic liberty. That's what Americans did when they fought the British for independence was it not? Well, minorities are fighting their own battles. They are fighting battles against cops in their neighborhoods, stereotypes and predispositions that put them in unnecessary danger, a justice system that hands out inordinately harsher punishments on them as opposed to their white counterparts, etc. Even opportunities are not close to being equal.

Unfortunately, this world doesn't always take unalienable rights as something everyone deserves and its not met with the warmest receptions even when people peacefully attempt to attain it. With that comes other means to possibly change the culture.
    The cause doesnít matter when you act upon it violently. Do you really think the people breaking into stores and businesses could care less about racial equality? When white people are running out of the stores with merchandise laughing do you really think they care? Stop giving excuses for these criminals. These people are just as wrong as the idiots storming the capital. Breaking the law is wrong regardless of the cause or issue. It actually only divides and hurt the cause that people are fighting for.

The cause doesnít matter when you act upon it violently. Do you really think the people breaking into stores and businesses could care less about racial equality? When white people are running out of the stores with merchandise laughing do you really think they care? Stop giving excuses for these criminals. These people are just as wrong as the idiots storming the capital. Breaking the law is wrong regardless of the cause or issue. It actually only divides and hurt the cause that people are fighting for.

I am not talking about the violence that came from looters. I am talking about the violence that came from real protestors looking to initiate change or fight an establishment that is clearly fighting them. You do realize there is a difference, right?

Easy for a white guy who has never experienced any of these things to tell other people what they should be doing for equality. Look, no offense but you live in a bubble where right and wrong has no room for grey and is part in parcel to a certain absolutism you believe others should follow.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-18-2021 at 12:41 AM.

I am not talking about the violence that came from looters. I am talking about the violence that came from real protestors looking to initiate change or fight an establishment that is clearly fighting them. You do realize there is a difference, right?

Easy for a white guy who has never experienced any of these things to tell other people what they should be doing for equality. Look, no offense but you live in a bubble where right and wrong has no room for grey and is part in parcel to a certain absolutism you believe others should follow.
    Oh look another racial post. Another reason why this country is so divided. Canít even debate right or wrong without color of skin being thrown into the conversation

Oh look another racial post. Another reason why this country is so divided. Canít even debate right or wrong without color of skin being thrown into the conversation

Yeah okay me commenting on your lack of perspective on equality is more divisive than the attainment of equality itself.