Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 109 of 323 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 4841
    I wasn't talking about the media. I was referring to a court of law.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    is CNN not media?

what is it that you are saying here?

I'm telling you the narrative from media has been downplaying or even defending rioting from BLM and Antifa.
    Is Newsmax not conservative media?

I’m telling you the narrative from conservative media has been downplaying or even defending rioting from the Capitol attack.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I wasn't talking about the media. I was referring to a court of law.

And the media outrage is feeding into the political outrage which is feeding the base outrage which is leading to Trump being in front of a judge. Which I am for but later in the year. You can delay your need to bash Trump until we get the politicians to do their jobs.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-12-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Again, this has nothing to do with the media or my personal "need to bash Trump". If it makes more sense for Trump to be prosecuted months from now, so be it. I'm merely stating that I'm of the opinion that it is stupid to make the argument that the government should avoid prosecuting Trump in some ill-advised peacekeeping effort.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Now you are going over the cliff. We are going to have an insurgency here like in Iraq and Afghanistan? We aren't on Civil War footing here. No bloody raids across state lines. These people are still Americans and we should be building bridges instead of setting conflict lines. Get those checks out, vaccine giving, and let sweat out this pandemic before we start going into political fights. I am of the mind that anything that Pelosi wants to do isn't the right course. Get the pandemic in check and us back to normal before going after Trump. These damn politicians can find more bs to deter them from taking care of the people's business. The nation will survive Trump if we let it. Let's work on surviving Pelosi and Mitch. Quit letting them set the nation agenda.
    You're being completely naive. Raids across statelines? This isn't 1865. Raids on statehouses? Courthouses? Local, state and federal officials? Politicians? Party offices? What so unbelievable about that? I'm starting to believe that Republican lawmakers aren't just objecting because they want to please Trump or have future political aspirations, they're scared for their lives and their families:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...l-riots-457868

After freshman GOP Rep. Nancy Mace announced she would be opposing President Donald Trump’s bid to overturn the election, the single mother of two feared so much for her life that she applied for a concealed carry permit and sent her kids hundreds of miles from D.C.
    One GOP lawmaker who bucked Trump on the floor last week, Rep. Peter Meijer of Michigan, even suggested that fears for their personal safety had influenced some of his colleagues to support Trump’s challenges to the results of the election.

“They knew in their heart of hearts that they should've voted to certify, but some had legitimate concerns about the safety of their families. They felt that that vote would put their families in danger,” Meijer said recently, noting the death threats that some Republicans have received after standing behind the Electoral College results.

There is particular fear among Republicans in Trump-heavy districts who voted against the GOP’s doomed bid to overturn the election results. Many came home last week to find constituents — preachers, school superintendents, churchgoing men and women — cheering on the effort rather than condemning it, according to multiple GOP lawmakers.
    Read the reports. Over a dozen Capitol Police are under investigation for their roles in the attack. Departments in numerous states are investigating off duty officers' roles in the riots. The woman shot and killed was an Air Force veteran. Lawyers, teachers, firefighters, elected officials, business owners, students are all being investigated or arrested. People across every age demographic. It's everywhere. Your society has been poisoned through social media and building bridges and holding hands and hugging each other telling them it's going to be alright isn't going to work I'm sorry.

If you thought everyone was going to move on from Trumpism once he finally leaves, you're going to be in for a rude awakening. And this isn't something that can be put back in the bottle. It's here to stay and is going to be a generational problem, and we're just at the beginning. The nation may survive Trump but it's going to be in for a rough, ugly few years, probably longer.
    Last edited by statquo; 01-12-2021 at 05:48 PM.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    You're being completely naive. Raids across statelines? This isn't 1865. Raids on statehouses? Courthouses? Local, state and federal officials? Politicians? Party offices? What so unbelievable about that? I'm starting to believe that Republican lawmakers aren't just objecting because they want to please Trump or have future political aspirations, they're scared for their lives and their families:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...l-riots-457868
    DId you post we were heading towards the insurgency problem that Iraq and Afghanistan have? Don't sit up in here and make it seem like I was the one pull crap out of my arse. I don't give a crap what lawmakers fear, they were the ones who were trying to pass pork in covid relief bill. They are lucky some other group with real issues didn't take the Capitol Building before now, the corrupt sob.

Read the reports. Over a dozen Capitol Police are under investigation for their roles in the attack. Departments in numerous states are investigating off duty officers' roles in the riots. The woman shot and killed was an Air Force veteran. Lawyers, teachers, firefighters, elected officials, business owners, students are all being investigated or arrested. People across every age demographic. It's everywhere. Your society has been poisoned through social media and building bridges and holding hands and hugging each other telling them it's going to be alright isn't going to work I'm sorry.

If you thought everyone was going to move on from Trumpism once he finally leaves, you're going to be in for a rude awakening. And this isn't something that can be put back in the bottle. It's here to stay and is going to be a generational problem, and we're just at the beginning. The nation may survive Trump but it's going to be in for a rough, ugly few years, probably longer.
    Trumpism isn't the problem, it is what causes it to gain in popularity, our so-called corrupted leaders. If you throw Trump under the deepest jail and outlaw Trumpism without solving what causes it, you will be right back here in few years talking about the threat of another "ism". I whether focus on making these politicians do their jobs then letting them spend more taxpayer money chasing Trump.

I was the only one here a few months ago telling posters that these guys are dangerous and people were being driven crazy by these politicians including Trump. Now, you are letting the media and politicians drive you nuts with fears of Trumpsters militiamen coming for you. Are you going to be the left version of Tucker Carlson? You have more to fear from the coronavirus than Trumpsters.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

We knew for decades the close relationship between the far right and the police department. Now that it is out in the open, people are shocked.

As an insurrection group, the TRumpster are nothing compared to the Weathermen. We survived them so I think we can survive Trumpism.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-12-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Martin Luther King.

These people are still Americans and we should be building bridges instead of setting conflict lines. Get those checks out, vaccine giving, and let sweat out this pandemic before we start going into political fights. I am of the mind that anything that Pelosi wants to do isn't the right course. Get the pandemic in check and us back to normal before going after Trump.
    I disagree with you, but good points nonetheless and most likely the best way to move forward.

Part of me wants trump impeached so he can just be out of the presidential running, but part of me feels that impeaching him might give him a martyrdom type praise amongst his supporters which may make them double down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I disagree with you, but good points nonetheless and most likely the best way to move forward.

Part of me wants trump impeached so he can just be out of the presidential running, but part of me feels that impeaching him might give him a martyrdom type praise amongst his supporters which may make them double down.

All I am saying that we must heal the divide within our country if that means chilling for awhile on Trump to help that process then I think it will be worth it. If we make our political system work for us, we won't have to worry about any "ism" or another Trump being a threat again.

Martin Luther King.

And the media outrage is feeding into the political outrage which is feeding the base outrage which is leading to Trump being in front of a judge. Which I am for but later in the year. You can delay your need to bash Trump until we get the politicians to do their jobs.
    The "Media" has been right about just about everything, and people have been sitting back pointing/wagging the finger at them. The insane defenses of Trump and people that enable him have been the real problem, but people are more interested in finding some way to split the blame 50/50. Really think about the 2016 election and what people were saying then. Look at how much of that came true.

1. The Muslim ban that was all "the media".
    2. Trump supporters claiming that he was about LBGT rights. Which was quickly followed by Trans rights being challenged.
    3. People said he was a tyrant, and wanted to be a dictator as he clearly showed his admiration for leaders.
    4. The constant warnings from the FBI, leading to people completely not trusting them.
    5. Him refusing to denounce things like Nazis. Using whataboutisms to defend the Proud Boys. Him retweeting conspiracy theorist, and legitimizing "news" like Alex Jones.
    6. His constant defense of violence, and blatant support of it.
    7. Ignoring the rising concern of racial tensions and police violence.

People have expanded criticisms of the media into them carrying the responsibility. People claiming to be "in the middle" have stayed in the middle while the president gets more and more radical.

And the thing is people are STILL trying to blame the "left wing media" as fox news focuses on the same **** that through gas on this fire in the first place. "They are trying to take your rights". I didn't hear one person complain about the first amendment after the storming of the capitol. As media figures are chased away, and threatened with violence. People at the rally literally saying they will kill them. People are still claiming to be in the middle as they act like CNN is the enemy of the state as GOP member are still enabling these people. And pushing false narratives like "ANTIFA initiated the riots".

Show me polls of people who are pro BLM violence. Now show me a poll of people who are literally pro "storming the capitol". These things are on completely different levels of problems and yet there are still people in this country (and outside) who are trying to sell the idea that the real problem are the liberals like Biden are trying to turn the country communist. The people who still defend this president at this point are akin to the people who wanted to be allies with the NAZI party without getting their hands dirty. The Joe Rogans of the world who sat there and blew up about how the Bidens are corrupt because of an email, but have nothing to say about the capitol being taken over.

It's really sad to me that people have no ability to sit back and say "you know what I was wrong, this guy is a real danger to this country and Democracy around the world". Our allies see it. Our enemies see it, and are blatantly giddy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    The "Media" has been right about just about everything, and people have been sitting back pointing/wagging the finger at them. The insane defenses of Trump and people that enable him have been the real problem, but people are more interested in finding some way to split the blame 50/50. Really think about the 2016 election and what people were saying then. Look at how much of that came true.

1. The Muslim ban that was all "the media".
    2. Trump supporters claiming that he was about LBGT rights. Which was quickly followed by Trans rights being challenged.
    3. People said he was a tyrant, and wanted to be a dictator as he clearly showed his admiration for leaders.
    4. The constant warnings from the FBI, leading to people completely not trusting them.
    5. Him refusing to denounce things like Nazis. Using whataboutisms to defend the Proud Boys. Him retweeting conspiracy theorist, and legitimizing "news" like Alex Jones.
    6. His constant defense of violence, and blatant support of it.
    7. Ignoring the rising concern of racial tensions and police violence.

People have expanded criticisms of the media into them carrying the responsibility. People claiming to be "in the middle" have stayed in the middle while the president gets more and more radical.

And the thing is people are STILL trying to blame the "left wing media" as fox news focuses on the same **** that through gas on this fire in the first place. "They are trying to take your rights". I didn't hear one person complain about the first amendment after the storming of the capitol. As media figures are chased away, and threatened with violence. People at the rally literally saying they will kill them. People are still claiming to be in the middle as they act like CNN is the enemy of the state as GOP member are still enabling these people. And pushing false narratives like "ANTIFA initiated the riots".

Show me polls of people who are pro BLM violence. Now show me a poll of people who are literally pro "storming the capitol". These things are on completely different levels of problems and yet there are still people in this country (and outside) who are trying to sell the idea that the real problem are the liberals like Biden are trying to turn the country communist. The people who still defend this president at this point are akin to the people who wanted to be allies with the NAZI party without getting their hands dirty. The Joe Rogans of the world who sat there and blew up about how the Bidens are corrupt because of an email, but have nothing to say about the capitol being taken over.

It's really sad to me that people have no ability to sit back and say "you know what I was wrong, this guy is a real danger to this country and Democracy around the world". Our allies see it. Our enemies see it, and are blatantly giddy about it.
    NYC knew who Trump was, just reading his past history before he became president one would know who Donald T. from the Bronx is. But people, his followers, were so pissed with establishment politicians, they picked the flame thrower. No matter what the "media'' had to said about it they knew they weren't voting for establishment politicians. The one brilliant thing Trump did was to run as a republican where his background wouldn't be a deal-breaker. For some a plus.

Really, I don't think I am oversimplifying this. When people are able to believe their politicians are for them, people like Trump won't have a snowball chance in hell to win the presidential office. This hold crapball started from the mistrust of these guys. After that last Coviod-relief bill filled with pork, they have some ways to go.

They aren't going to admit to anything to people they consider their enemies, Capital Hill. Remember one of the Trump raiders was reported to have pipe bombs.

Joe Rogan isn't on YouTube anymore so I don't know what he is talking about. But I have watched him and he isn't a Trumpster, in fact, he was first a Tulsi and then a Bernie supporter. He didn't like Biden for his past mis-achievements and failing mental ability. His words, not mines.

Martin Luther King.

All I am saying that we must heal the divide within our country if that means chilling for awhile on Trump to help that process then I think it will be worth it. If we make our political system work for us, we won't have to worry about any "ism" or another Trump being a threat again.
    Honestly, you're 100% right.

It just didnt sit well with me watching those ****ers break into our capitol and try and overthrow the elected govt the people voted for. My response is definitely an emotional one, i want that mother ****er gone with a clear and loud message, he is not welcome!

Hes a ****in lunatic.

But your approach is the better one for our country.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Im not in favor of any plan of "just letting it go."

Actions have consequences. Moving on without accountability isn't moving on at all, its waiting for the next chump to do the same thing. What he did was dangerous and shouldn't be tolerated in a civilized society.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

NYC knew who Trump was, just reading his past history before he became president one would know who Donald T. from the Bronx is. But people, his followers, were so pissed with establishment politicians, they picked the flame thrower. No matter what the "media'' had to said about it they knew they weren't voting for establishment politicians. The one brilliant thing Trump did was to run as a republican where his background wouldn't be a deal-breaker. For some a plus.

Really, I don't think I am oversimplifying this. When people are able to believe their politicians are for them, people like Trump won't have a snowball chance in hell to win the presidential office. This hold crapball started from the mistrust of these guys. After that last Coviod-relief bill filled with pork, they have some ways to go.

They aren't going to admit to anything to people they consider their enemies, Capital Hill. Remember one of the Trump raiders was reported to have pipe bombs.

Joe Rogan isn't on YouTube anymore so I don't know what he is talking about. But I have watched him and he isn't a Trumpster, in fact, he was first a Tulsi and then a Bernie supporter. He didn't like Biden for his past mis-achievements and failing mental ability. His words, not mines.
    Yeah he's a Bernie supporter who voted for Trump. In other words someone who is completely delusional. I honestly don't buy his support for Bernie. Maybe at one time he did, but not anymore.

The greatest irony is even if he had a strong opinion right now he's trapped by his contract. I'm sure Spotify doesn't want him saying something that'll lose them advertisements. But he also can't say anything that'll cause more than half his viewers to leave.

But you are right about the government working for people. Unfortunately we've built a bed of propaganda. So only 2 opinions are allowed in this country. And the people that do support GOP are still gonna resent Dems and are still going to be calling for GOP members to block whatever policy that is pushed forward.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 01-13-2021 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Read your post. If you arent going to read what you post, dont post it.
    why would you delete my post when I told you I know what I posted and supported that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome