Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 515 of 587 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 8796
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You said I took the topic "off road". I await your backing. Guess what will happen if I am shown I was the one that didn't stay on topic? An apology from me. It's called "adulting".
    It's the lack of competition. Catman is right.

And epi pens are very affordable and at times (not sure frequency) free.
    Lack of competition doesn't change the economic system in which those goods are consumed or produced.

You do you, though.

I agree completely.
    Physicians can help them pre-fill syringes and train them to do it at home. They can also explain how to store them. Also, they could use 50 unit insulin syringes so they don't have to worry about injecting too much -- 50 units is 1/2 CC.
    Yes, I have a bit of an advantage here, but this is not hard to do. Diabetics do it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's still no excuse for the auto injectors to be that price or having had such a dramatic price increase in a 7 or 8 year period. You, as a medical professional, have that knowledge in your back pocket. What are the odds the lehman is getting similar advice when doctors are influenced by drug companies to push the more expensive product?
    Drs in my area are prescribing epinephrine in the 10 CC vials and writing prescriptions for the syringes.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Lack of competition doesn't change the economic system in which those goods are consumed or produced.

You do you, though.
    I have to admit, I do not see how I am taking it off topic.

I agreed with Catman that it's a lack of competition.
    Folks said pens are expensive and I stated they are not and provided links to that effect.
    Others, like yourself changed the topic to the past, not the present.

So how is this me again? (Happy to be shown and I apologize that I am missing it)
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Iím trying to figure out if she got hacked or she really believes this makes an iota of sense.

FTR, just got another set of pens, $25.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

I have to admit, I do not see how I am taking it off topic.

I agreed with Catman that it's a lack of competition.
    Folks said pens are expensive and I stated they are not and provided links to that effect.
    Others, like yourself changed the topic to the past, not the present.

So how is this me again? (Happy to be shown and I apologize that I am missing it)
    Catman said it wasn't capitalism that led to the increase in prices. Lack of competition doesn't mean capitalism is non existent.

I'm glad you get those epi pens for cheap (now) but how is that not shifting gears? Your current experience is not universal (which explains a lot of the brett gospel you want others to adhere to) nor does it justify the dramatic increase in price over that 8 year time period.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-30-2021 at 08:50 PM.

Itís not like $100 for an epi-pen is some flex, thatís still more expensive than pretty much every other industrialized country on earth, including pretty much all of them with universal healthcare.

OK, precisely what is Biden going to do about this? Is he going to mandate lower prices on epi-pens? Is he going to mandate competitive bidding for medicare and VA medications?

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    OK, precisely what is Biden going to do about this? Is he going to mandate lower prices on epi-pens? Is he going to mandate competitive bidding for medicare and VA medications?
    What will he do? I donít know. What should he/we do? We should create a universal healthcare system instead of the catastrophe we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What will he do? I donít know. What should he/we do? We should create a universal healthcare system instead of the catastrophe we have now.
    Increasing the monopolies that already exist? No thank you. He should force competitive bids for medications that are used for medicare and VA patients. That would be a decent start.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Increasing the monopolies that already exist? No thank you. He should force competitive bids for medications that are used for medicare and VA patients. That would be a decent start.
    Competitive bidding to lower prices is what universal healthcare does. Itís why quite literally every such system from an industrialized country is cheaper than ours.

Do people who oppose universal healthcare thinking itís more expensive not realize that our system is BY FAR more expensive than EVERY universal healthcare system from an industrialized nation on earth?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do people who oppose universal healthcare thinking itís more expensive not realize that our system is BY FAR more expensive than EVERY universal healthcare system from an industrialized nation on earth?
    We should go with Candace Owens approach and give out insulin and other common drugs at no charge just like the COVID vaccine.

It is like their eyes glaze over at the sound of Universal Healthcare. Then the gibberish about communism and protecting our cherished insurance companies begins.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers