Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 319 of 343 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5145
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I wouldn't mind if someone punched Jimmy Dore in the face.
    Even a lot of progressives don't like Jimmy Dore and he doesn't like a lot of progressives. He doesn't like republicans or Moderates either. Give him a few years and he will be the new Alex Jones.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So it's open season on punching every one of your relatives in the face?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Have at it.
    Line 'em up and I'll be ready to rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The number of people I would have a problem getting punched in the face is pretty damn small.

I think it would really suck if someone punched Dolly Parton or Betty White in the face. Jimmy Carter, I think I would mind if someone punched him in the face. Can't think of anyone else at the moment.
    If someone punched Betty White in the face, I will make an exception to my opposition to the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I need to read the full article. I thought he was saying the policy was half completed.... like they were halfway to their policy goal.

And if you look at their decision on who to pick in their FP it's not exactly hard to figure out.
    Believe me, I am aware of the obvious bias — I mean, to say that Trump really had an agenda at all is a stretch — but the issues mentioned (along with others, such as improving infrastructure) were definitely part of the 2016 campaign rhetoric.

I actually think it adds up to compliment to Biden, as unintentional as that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Believe me, I am aware of the obvious bias — I mean, to say that Trump really had an agenda at all is a stretch — but the issues mentioned (along with others, such as improving infrastructure) were definitely part of the 2016 campaign rhetoric.

I actually think it adds up to compliment to Biden, as unintentional as that may be.
    I'd definitely credit Bernie before Trump

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I wouldn't mind if someone punched Jimmy Dore in the face.
    Co-sign
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Almost posted about Biden not lifting the Trump-era refugee cap earlier today but decided not to trigger MRSpock. Anyways, looks like the backlash he got from it has caused him to change his mind.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/16/98800...p-after-delays

Biden was and remains in a classic saddle position with regards to the border. He was pissing off the left by not rolling back these Trump administration refugee caps (among other Trump era things he's not addressing). But also, obviously, he's driving the right insane over millions of imaginary refugees that pose an imaginary threat on their lives, despite not actually taking a bold or progressive approach to the issue. It's early, but both sides clearly have been displeased.

But this is a step in the right direction. Glad he's reversed his stance. Glad Primila Jayapal and others came for his ***. Hope you saw it, Spock.

And this sudden leftward turn feels similar to what we're seeing out of Schumer and especially Cuomo (pardon my NY bias). Both feel the flames and they've suddenly both remembered they can actually be progressives.

That's good! They're being held to high standards! Sometimes being critical of things Dems do or don't do is good! Wow. What a concept.
    Yup

Biden is a ****ing idiot if he decided to keep the trump era low numbers on refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Even a lot of progressives don't like Jimmy Dore and he doesn't like a lot of progressives. He doesn't like republicans or Moderates either. Give him a few years and he will be the new Alex Jones.
    I don't think neither him or Bri are actual progressive. Just left wing version of people like Limbaigh. Taking advantage of peoples anger. They're in it for the money.

Both their condescension toward Bernie and Chomsky is ****ing pathetic. And them using their movement to only damage and profit from it is so awful.

I'm definitely for letting in refugees. Especially from countries we've bombed to hell.

Immigration has never been a huge factor in my voting though. Always been a topic used to gain votes more than anything.

Biden trying to keep this wave of approval going tell the midterms. And with Trump destroying their original strategy I'm sure that what the GOPs plan of attack is.

I'm definitely for letting in refugees. Especially from countries we've bombed to hell.

Immigration has never been a huge factor in my voting though. Always been a topic used to gain votes more than anything.

Biden trying to keep this wave of approval going tell the midterms. And with Trump destroying their original strategy I'm sure that what the GOPs plan of attack is.
    They can’t find one.

Biden centrist agenda is not something they can really **** on and feed fear mongering to their base.

I don't think neither him or Bri are actual progressive. Just left wing version of people like Limbaigh. Taking advantage of peoples anger. They're in it for the money.

Both their condescension toward Bernie and Chomsky is ****ing pathetic. And them using their movement to only damage and profit from it is so awful.
    I have more of a problem with his tactic than what he is pushing. If you were truly aware of Dore, you would know he is anything but condescending towards Bernie and Chomsky. In fact, he has been attacking Both for being limped wrist progressive pandering to Biden and Pelosi. He rails against progressives who aren't progressive enough for him, including the Squad. You should be cheering him on, he is slinging barbs at the progressive from the left while the mod, including yourself, are slinging from the right. You, know that whole the enemy of my enemy thing.

You can quit worrying about radical leftists like Chomsky or Higgins, they are ban from network news and establish newspapers. A little cancel culture the right or mods. don't bit ch about.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They can’t find one.

Biden centrist agenda is not something they can really **** on and feed fear mongering to their base.
    That is why the fools try to paint him as a progressive or a progressive controlled moderate.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They can’t find one.

They keep trying to find something but so far they haven't had much luck. Outside of people who bought into the Big Lie, they aren't getting any traction.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Couldn't find any of the environment/GND threads in the first 4-5 pages so I'll just put this here. Not anything directly to do with Biden but, obviously, I do hope he's VERY bold on these matters.

Pretty cool to see.

Coal Miners Union Seeks Voice in Move to Renewable Energy: Live Updates

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/04...hange-for-jobs

The country’s largest mine workers union signaled on Monday that it would accept a transition away from fossil fuels in exchange for new jobs in renewable energy, spending on technology to make coal cleaner and financial aid for miners who lose their jobs.

“There needs to be a tremendous investment here,” Cecil E. Roberts, the president of the United Mine Workers of America, said in an interview. “We always end up dealing with climate change, closing down coal mines. We never get to the second piece of it.”

The mine workers’ plan, which Mr. Roberts is presenting at an event with Senator Joe Manchin, Democrat of West Virginia, calls for the creation of new jobs in Appalachia through tax credits that would subsidize the making of solar panel and wind turbine components, and by funding the reclamation of abandoned mines that pose a risk to public health.

The union wants the federal government to support miners who lose their jobs through retraining and by replacing their wages, health insurance and pensions.
    HELLO

Trump would have been destroyed by media if he had called someone Asian, a Japanese boy. but this is what Biden said.

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/stat...67893563707394
    "you've got a Japanese boy coming over here, and guess what, he won the Masters."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome