Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 153 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    It at least gives a list of senators who could possibly be swayed or inspired to some action if pushed. Thune, for example, is from my state. I have sent him a letter addressing many of my concerns about events of this year and things I believe need to happen.

I mean, beyond our vote, exactly what else can we do?
    I get it. This bodes well for Biden — at least in terms of possibly getting things done. My problem is I am pretty sure I won’t care much for the things they’ll be trying tomget done.

That said, Biden claims he want to make addressing the changing climate and its potential consequences a priority. I hope he does, but, well, you know....

Why isn’t Joe Biden respecting the long lasting tradition of appointing unqualified oafs to high ranking leadership positions? First he says he’s going to make our Secretary of State as someone with decades of experience in foreign relations and now he has the gaul to appoint someone as DNI who has vast experience in the intel community and working with the DoD? Why won’t he respect the traditions created by past presidents? Why doesn’t he respect our history?

Why did Fox Opinion get my hopes that Ilhan Omar would be the head of DHS?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Why isn’t Joe Biden respecting the long lasting tradition of appointing unqualified oafs to high ranking leadership positions? First he says he’s going to make our Secretary of State as someone with decades of experience in foreign relations and now he has the gaul to appoint someone as DNI who has vast experience in the intel community and working with the DoD? Why won’t he respect the traditions created by past presidents? Why doesn’t he respect our history?
    one presidency does not make a tradition
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

CNN) - The General Services Administration has informed President-elect Joe Biden that the Trump administration is ready to begin the formal transition process, according to a letter from Administrator Emily Murphy sent Monday afternoon and obtained by CNN.

The letter is the first step the administration has taken to acknowledge President Donald Trump's defeat, more than two weeks after Biden was declared the winner in the election.

Murphy said she had not been pressured by the White House to delay the formal transition and did not make a decision "out of fear or favoritism."

"Please know that I came to my decision independently, based on the law and available facts," Murphy wrote. "I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official -- including those who work at the White House or GSA -- with regard to the substance or timing of my decision. To be clear, I did not receive any direction to delay my determination."

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    one presidency does not make a tradition
    I was being facetious in comparing Joe Biden versus Donald Trump.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    CNN) - The General Services Administration has informed President-elect Joe Biden that the Trump administration is ready to begin the formal transition process, according to a letter from Administrator Emily Murphy sent Monday afternoon and obtained by CNN.

The letter is the first step the administration has taken to acknowledge President Donald Trump's defeat, more than two weeks after Biden was declared the winner in the election.

Murphy said she had not been pressured by the White House to delay the formal transition and did not make a decision "out of fear or favoritism."

"Please know that I came to my decision independently, based on the law and available facts," Murphy wrote. "I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official -- including those who work at the White House or GSA -- with regard to the substance or timing of my decision. To be clear, I did not receive any direction to delay my determination."
    Yeah, she just a sassy independent woman who is expressing her mind while holding a government position that Trump appointed her to.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

So what would everyone's thoughts on Michael Cohen being appointed the US Attorney for the Southern District of NY? Someone with first hand knowledge investigating "certain" crimes would be helpful.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

So what would everyone's thoughts on Michael Cohen being appointed the US Attorney for the Southern District of NY? Someone with first hand knowledge investigating "certain" crimes would be helpful.
    I hope Prett gets his old job back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I hope Prett gets his old job back.
    Yea that would be a good real choice. I just thought it would be funny to see Cohen there because you know Trump would **** his pants. Someone who knows where the bodies (literally?) are buried.
    _____

Yea that would be a good real choice. I just thought it would be funny to see Cohen there because you know Trump would **** his pants. Someone who knows where the bodies (literally?) are buried.
    That dude is ready to tell everything.

Janet Yellen as Treasury Secretary. I love it!

Janet Yellen is Biden pick for the Treasury Department. Ex chair of the Federal Reserve. Look like LIz Warren will get nothing for carrying water for Biden during the primaries. The second person I think will not be in Biden administration, Clyburn's girl Stacy Abrams who did a damn good job in Georgia for Biden.

Waiting for a progressive appointment? Don't hold your breath. Yellen is a smart cookie and Keynesian economists "who believe that economic markets are fundamentally flawed and need governmental regulation to function correctly."

How that figure into the political discourse of our times, I don't know for sure.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Janet Yellen is Biden pick for the Treasury Department. Ex chair of the Federal Reserve. Look like LIz Warren will get nothing for carrying water for Biden during the primaries. The second person I think will not be in Biden administration, Clyburn's girl Stacy Abrams who did a damn good job in Georgia for Biden.

Waiting for a progressive appointment? Don't hold your breath. Yellen is a smart cookie and Keynesian economists "who believe that economic markets are fundamentally flawed and need governmental regulation to function correctly."

How that figure into the political discourse of our times, I don't know for sure.
    What water did Warren carry exactly? This comes from someone who voted for her in the primary and still believes that was the right vote for me in the primary.

Liz was never going to get a cabinet secretary spot. Imagine thinking that appointing her would ever go through and even if it did that someone who was in a state with a Republican governor would be a good idea. Even a moderate like Baker would know what his job is.

Stacey Abrams doesn't appear to have expressed any information in a cabinet or government position. She appears to either want to run for governor again or continue her work with the Georgia GOTV effort. I would give her the world if she wanted it, but I don't think she's looking for that.
    _____