Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Former NFL assistant coach claims he wasnít the right minority

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/13...006015494?s=20

During the interview for an HC job the interviewer said he wasnít the right minority. Heís Asian American but instead of looking at someoneís job qualifications we are basing it on race?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, the assistant coach didnít say he wasnít the right minority, the interviewer said he wasnít the right minority, which is much worse.

In general, the NFL has a a problem with hiding minorities of any kind to GM or HC positions.

I donít doubt this story happened. Except for no one on the team would say this out loud. They might thing it, they might somehow imply it, but nobody would be dumb enough to say this out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I donít doubt this story happened. Except for no one on the team would say this out loud. They might thing it, they might somehow imply it, but nobody would be dumb enough to say this out loud.
    Youíd be surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    https://twitter.com/nypost/status/13...006015494?s=20

During the interview for an HC job the interviewer said he wasnít the right minority. Heís Asian American but instead of looking at someoneís job qualifications we are basing it on race?

Sounds ****ed up. If he was black and said thatís why he got overlooked would you would say he was probably using the race card bc he didnít get what he wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Youíd be surprised...
    I donít know if itís Brewers angle but I was surprised when Joey tried to make like if Asians are ever discriminated against black people arenít.

Last edited by ewing; 05-22-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Youíd be surprised...
    I see what youíve done. Making a play for my inner cynicism. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sounds ****ed up. If he was black and said thatís why he got overlooked would you would say he was probably using the race card bc he didnít get what he wanted?
    It is funny seeing people (not necessarily Brewers) take this story at face value when if it were a black coach who claimed an interviewer said they werenít hired because of their race, they wouldnít believe it without further proof.

It is funny seeing people (not necessarily Brewers) take this story at face value when if it were a black coach who claimed an interviewer said they werenít hired because of their race, they wouldnít believe it without further proof.
    Brewers can get emotional lol but heís never stuck me as a racist. I kind of regret the way I asked. Iím curious what context he sees this story in. Maybe he just thought it was interesting. I asked bc there has been some weird posts by other conservative posters about Asian and racism recently.

Last edited by ewing; 05-22-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Brewers can get emotional lol but heís never stuck me as a racist. Iím curious what context he sees this story in. Maybe he just thought it was interesting. I asked bc there has been some weird post by other conservative posters about Asian and racism of late.

I saw this on Twitter (sports center tweeted it out) and thought it would be interesting to see how many people here agree with NFL policy about interviewing so many minorities etc

Thought it would be a good topic to discuss

Brewers can get emotional lol but heís never stuck me as a racist. Iím curious what context he sees this story in. Maybe he just thought it was interesting. I asked bc there has been some weird post by other conservative posters about Asian and racism of late.

You referring to the posters pretending to care so much about Asians, solely because they think it gives them a reason to drag black people through the mud?

I saw this on Twitter (sports center tweeted it out) and thought it would be interesting to see how many people here agree with NFL policy about interviewing so many minorities etc

Thought it would be a good topic to discuss

Does not really matter if they interview them if they never have any intentions of hiring them. Just interviewing someone to satisfy a rule is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Does not really matter if they interview them if they never have any intentions of hiring them. Just interviewing someone to satisfy a rule is stupid.
    The Rooney rule says nfl teams have to interview at least one minority candidate when looking for an GM or head coach

ďAdopted in 2003, the Rooney Rule is an NFL policy requiring every team with a head coaching vacancy to interview at least one or more diverse candidates. In 2009, the Rooney Rule was expanded to include general manager jobs and equivalent front office positions.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You referring to the posters pretending to care so much about Asians, solely because they think it gives them a reason to drag black people through the mud?
    Please explain this? Where did I ever use Asians to drag black people through the mud?

The Rooney rule says nfl teams have to interview at least one minority candidate when looking for an GM or head coach

ďAdopted in 2003, the Rooney Rule is an NFL policy requiring every team with a head coaching vacancy to interview at least one or more diverse candidates. In 2009, the Rooney Rule was expanded to include general manager jobs and equivalent front office positions.Ē

Yes i am fully aware of the rule, but it does nothing other than make them interview at least 1 person of color before hiring their next HC or Gm. it does not really solve any problems.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast