Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 137 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3148
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    In terms of the rest of your post, I'm well aware of all that and fully agree.
    I figured. Most people who like baseball have to be. You have no choice, unless you're still "old school".

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Then you're blind. I was in Maui for business 3 weeks ago and saw many people without masks in places of business. I've also been in IL, SD, CA and MI since then and the ratio is the same.
    Well, that's simply NOT the case on Oahu. I mean, I guess on North Shore I didn't see surfers masked up as they walked down to paddle out. And at some beaches there could have been better social distancing. But still, there wasn't a single instance I can think of where it felt remotely like neither masking or distancing wasn't being practiced logically. Maui...like SD...is more rural. I mean Kahalui is like 30,000.......Honolulu is near a million...and the governor threatened more lockdowns anytime there's a 7 day average of over 100 cases and nobody there wants that.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Joe Biden's Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Then you're blind. I was in Maui for business 3 weeks ago and saw many people without masks in places of business. I've also been in IL, SD, CA and MI since then and the ratio is the same.

You were in your basement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-22-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I love how Joe Biden’s Covid plan is ALLOWED to take time(experts are now saying)but when Trump was President it was do something NOW!

This is why I don’t support Democrats. That little example says it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    As a matter of fact, no, no he isn't.
    No mandate, including his, requires a mask 100% of the time. Do you expect him to wear one when going to bed in the White House? Taking a shower? "When social distancing is not possible" is the norm, yes? Is he not easily socially distant? Response to your tweet remind us he wore a mask right to the time the music started and replaced it when it was over.
    weak excuse, he should have been wearing a mask in this case.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

6. 01-22-2021, 11:12 AM
    Reason
    Baiting

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Trump treated Fox as the only objective news source. That's a complete joke. No company that employs Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, Lou Dobbs, etc is objective. Dont even get me started on Newsmax or OAN. Their lips are surgically attached to Trumps ***. Not saying MSNBC or CNN are objective either btw but let's be real here.
    what does Fox News, OAN, Newsmax have to do with what I said. lets be real here, the media more on the left bashed Trump every day as President.

Trump had a hot and cold relationship with Fox. some of the time he loved Fox and acted like they were his best friends, but then other times he criticized Fox when people with Fox were against him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    So lets get this straight....

"Global warming is a hoax brought on by the Chinese" - logical opinion

"Lets try to prevent a crisis from global warming and reduce carbon emissions" - Crazy nut job lunacy
    Bold 1………pretty funny coming from you. You get very little straight,

Clarification (As if this is going to work here)……

Bold 2……I never said that

Bold 3……see Bold 2

You're the amazing scientist and statistician that cannot friggin read.

Try again………

Sluggo quote you are responding to: Trying to stop the Keystone pipeline and getting back into the Paris accords are dumb moves. One will prevent us from getting income, the other will greatly increase our expense for no return.

These are simply moves top shut up the nutty greenies.

Translation 1……the Keystone pipeline (which is partially built) will provide the US with jobs and tons of income, will allow us to remain energy self-sufficient and help a great deal in avoiding being dependent at all on Middle East oil imports (let me repeat that last point since it is critical (help a great deal in avoiding being dependent at all on Middle East oil imports)and allow American industry to thrive. (Minor point: I believe that pipelines are the cleanest way to transport oil). The pipeline will also help the economy of one of our best allies (Canada).

Translation 2……Getting back in the PAris accords will cost the US billions and accomplish nothing. The real rub to the Paris accords is that the biggest polluters (China, Indian and Russia) get to pay far less that we do and we have one of the cleaner countries on the planet. And getting cleaner all the time. In short, it is patently unfair to the US (and yes, I know we have a big carbon footprint)

And, yes, These are simply moves top shut up the nutty greenies. There is no question about that.,

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Or in Sluggo's terms.... More education = more crazy.
    I never said this.

Seems like Mr. Spock has taken on the brain capacity of the tribbles.

This guy just can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I love how Joe Biden’s Covid plan is ALLOWED to take time(experts are now saying)but when Trump was President it was do something NOW!

This is why I don’t support Democrats. That little example says it all for me.
    Joe Biden's COVID plan is to actually start doing what the experts say. The people who were working in the government during Trump's administration were ignored. So yea it takes a little bit of time when COVID has been allowed to run wild like Hulk Hogan for nine months and you want Joe Biden to Thanos snap it away?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's all about behavior. People here just dint comprehend it. I was talking to the guy smogging my car, he just flat out told me he doesnt believe it. I was like bro, go to the hospital, you can see yourself, its real.

He still didn't believe me, lol. I was like that's trumptard, I can't battle that, lol.
    Funny, I was talking to the guy smogging my car (here in TX that's an $18 5 minute check) about how he was doing with the pandemic, and he said "I love it, I got laid off and my wife did too, we both worked all day for uber eats and door dash and grub hub, and earned the max you could earn before tax AND got that extra grand a week of Covid unemployment, as soon as that ran out I came back to work here. I was able to pay off my credit cards and take a little vacation". I guess it's working out for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Funny, I was talking to the guy smogging my car (here in TX that's an $18 5 minute check) about how he was doing with the pandemic, and he said "I love it, I got laid off and my wife did too, we both worked all day for uber eats and door dash and grub hub, and earned the max you could earn before tax AND got that extra grand a week of Covid unemployment, as soon as that ran out I came back to work here. I was able to pay off my credit cards and take a little vacation". I guess it's working out for some people.
    The keyword is "some". I hope this example doesn't get weaponize to not give covid aid to people who really need it. The three retirees living off SSI in my house are using that money to repair things around the house which employed repairmen to do. Considering all the contractors calling our house to sell us their services, they really needed it.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Joe Biden's COVID plan is to actually start doing what the experts say. The people who were working in the government during Trump's administration were ignored. So yea it takes a little bit of time when COVID has been allowed to run wild like Hulk Hogan for nine months and you want Joe Biden to Thanos snap it away?
    To clarify ... Fauci is an expert, and I believe he's being listened to by Biden too ... and he said not to shut down and not to wear masks.

I think this whole "listen to experts" and "follow science" is way too simplistic. Of course we should listen to experts and follow science, but not blindly as not all experts and scientists agree about incredibly complex issues and they never will.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The keyword is "some". I hope this example doesn't get weaponize to not give covid aid to people who really need it. The three retirees living off SSI in my house are using that money to repair things around the house which employed repairmen to do. Considering all the contractors calling our house to sell us their services, they really needed it.
    Of course it's only some. I was listening to comedian Gary Gulman talk about how great Covid is working out for him. He hadn't booked any work for 2020 because he just got a huge advance on a book and he was really enjoying time at home with his extended family and cooking and having meals together and getting to focus on his book. Obviously it's not working out as well for everyone.

I relayed my conversation with my smog guy just because it was interesting that two of us just had conversations with our smog guys about the pandemic.

And the extra money he was talking about was the bump in unemployment which I assume the SSI people in your house are not getting (and nobody is getting anymore).

I support UBI. Let's start it now and we don't have to talk about it as part of any stimulus package anymore.

where would the conversation go about the National Guard in Washington, forced to be in the garage, which both sides had an issue with.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/polit...tol/index.html

National Guard allowed back into Capitol complex after lawmakers erupt at banishment to parking garage
    Members of the National Guard have been allowed back into the Capitol Complex after a slate of lawmakers voiced their outrage at guardsmen being banished to a parking garage as a rest area, a guardsman told CNN.

The Guard will now be allowed to rest in the US Capitol Visitor Center, the guardsman said.
    The change comes after thousands of National Guardsmen were moved to a parking garage after they were told they could no longer use space within the US Capitol Complex, including areas like the cafeteria of a Senate office building, as a rest area, multiple Guardsmen told CNN.

Prior to Thursday morning, several areas throughout the Capitol Complex were designated as authorized rest areas where members of the Guard could take breaks from their shifts protecting the Capitol. By Thursday morning, all those areas had been cleared out and their designations removed, the Guardsmen said.

"We honestly just feel betrayed," one guardsman told CNN earlier Thursday, noting that a day before, congressmen had come by for photos with the different National Guards units that came to Washington to support security around the inauguration. "After everything went seamlessly, we were deemed useless and banished to a corner of a parking garage."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To clarify ... Fauci is an expert, and I believe he's being listened to by Biden too ... and he said not to shut down and not to wear masks.
    Please, not this journey back to the dark ages.

I think this whole "listen to experts" and "follow science" is way too simplistic. Of course we should listen to experts and follow science, but not blindly as not all experts and scientists agree about incredibly complex issues and they never will.
    When I am sick I generally seek advice from my doctor, not my auto mechanic. And when my car breaks down, I usually seek the advice of my auto meachinc, and not the local priests.