Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 146 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3107
    Nope, Americans are left-leaning while its institutions including the media are centrists. They were for gay rights before the moderate Obama made changes. The moderate Biden is still against legal pot while the majority of Americans are for it. A large percentage of Americans are for ending the Drug war, mandating Medicare for all, and stricter environmental policies.

no slightly to it.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Nope, Americans are left-leaning while its institutions including the media are centrists. They were for gay rights before the moderate Obama made changes. The moderate Biden is still against legal pot while the majority of Americans are for it. A large percentage of Americans are for ending the Drug war, mandating Medicare for all, and stricter environmental policies.

no slightly to it.
    False. I've debunked this BS far left claim 100 times.

1. Medicare for all is not unanimously loved. The one poll leftist always show is debunked by like 10 other polls and studies.

2. Jesus... Legalizing pot is really the prime concern?

3. Americans are for stricter Environmental policies like people are against sweat shops. They are till you tell them how much it'll cost. These are very blanket statements that do not point to any actual policy.

If I polled Americans are you for or against sweat shops... 90% will say they're against it.

If I polled Americans... Are you willing to pay double for your cell phone to get rid of these shops.... Not so much.

And so far Biden has a very progressive plan toward the environment. And M4A is a pipe dream right now. When we have barely a majority in the senate.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure acceptance for gay marriage pushed over the 50% threshold like 3 years into Obama's presidency. Not really sure what you're talking about here.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 01-26-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post

1. Medicare for all is not unanimously loved. The one poll leftist always show is debunked by like 10 other polls and studies.

3. Americans are for stricter Environmental policies like people are against sweat shops. They are till you tell them how much it'll cost. These are very blanket statements that do not point to any actual policy.

If I polled Americans are you for or against sweat shops... 90% will say they're against it.

If I polled Americans... Are you willing to pay double for your cell phone to get rid of these shops.... Not so much.

And so far Biden has a very progressive plan toward the environment. And M4A is a pipe dream right now. When we have barely a majority in the senate.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure acceptance for gay marriage pushed over the 50% threshold like 3 years into Obama's presidency. Not really sure what you're talking about here.
    It's about asking the right questions. People ask the questions to get the answers from people that they want.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Yeah, I can find numerous polls saying different.

You are unaware of people being sentenced for years for a nickel bag of pot. I guess it isn't a prime concern for you. It is a major part of the drug war that put a large number of non-violent people in prison.

Tell that to the people of Flint Mich. and the protesters at Standing Rock. The policies are quit polluting our environment. What will be the cost of caring for lead poison children?

Everything you own, since we don't manufacture anything, comes from conflict, slave labor, or sweatshops. It wasn't the American people who exported our industry. Now we have to live with it.

When have politicians been ahead of any curve? It was abolitionists who forced Lincoln's hand, MLK and fear of Malcolm forced the civil rights bill on LBJ. It was the same with gay rights.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-26-2021 at 11:15 AM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    "because we didn't say we wanted unity, it's OK for us to be divisive" lol
    Republicans are not the ones being divisive. that would be the side (left) that is further upsetting millions on the other side (right).

unity would be compromise and wanting something to help and please both sides.

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Yes they did. Right after the insurrection they wanted to side step blame for the rhetoric that caused it, and put blame on the Dems for not having "unity" because they impeached Trump.

Biden is doing a good job. He isn't nor should he be pushing divisiveness. He hasn't sat there and called Fox "fake news". He hasn't called Conservatives "evil" or "wanting to take your rights away". He has a vision for everyone in the country.

Whether you like where that vision is going is up for debate. But he is not pushing for violence. He is not actively trying to divide people.

But the Democrats/independents/disassociated Conservatives are not OK with just ignoring what happened over the last 5 years. We want these people held accountable for their actions. We are not willing to just pretend it didn't happen and start over.
    an agenda that will only help one side is itself divisive.

\_(ツ)_/

By the way, Biden has said that unity does not mean bipartisan:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._recirculation
    From what I read, he wants everyone to get along by following his lead in lock-step.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...nsurgency.html
    The more Tulsi Gabbard says the more I agree with her.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I steal from a store. I get caught, arrested, and the Police force me to give back what I stole. That doesn't help me.

Are the police pushing a divisive agenda? Or instead of having an agenda, are they maybe just deciding to hold me accountable.

That's what you're failing to see. This isn't about dividing the country, it's about accountability. You do something, you are responsible for your actions. I know you disagree that he holds any accountability on this all, but it's not your decision to make.
    Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 01-26-2021 at 11:19 AM.

The Dims should work with the Repo to the same degree they work with them during the Obama years.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I steal from a store. I get caught, arrested, and the Police force me to give back what I stole. That doesn't help me.

Are the police pushing a divisive agenda? Or instead of having an agenda, are they maybe just deciding to hold me accountable.

That's what you're failing to see. This isn't about dividing the country, it's about accountability. You do something, you are responsible for your actions. I know you disagree that he holds any accountability on this all, but it's not your decision to make.

how do you hold someone accountable for wanting to protest?

what Biden has done since being President is far more than anything related to impeachment.

remember when Trump using Executive Orders was criticized. look at what Biden has been doing.

https://twitter.com/RepRalphNorman/s...20065284329475
    Update: This Admin has been in for 5 days and signed OVER 20 Executive Orders, undoing much of the progress the previous Admin made.
    https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/st...15945685086208
    Joe Biden is gearing up for yet another week of executive orders.

We know he can be forgetful so perhaps someone should remind him that Congress exists!

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Yeah, I can find numerous polls saying different. You are unaware of people being sentenced for years for a nickel bag of pot. I guess it isn't a prime concern for you. It is a major part of the drug war that put a large number of non-violent people in prison. Tell that to the people of Flint Mich. and the protesters at Standing Rock. The policies are quit polluting our environment. What will be the cost of caring for lead poison children? Everything you own, since we don't manufacture anything, comes from conflict, slave labor, or sweatshops. It wasn't the American people who exported our industry. Now we have to live with it.

When have politicians been ahead of any curve? It was abolitionists who forced Lincoln's hand, MLK and fear of Malcolm forced the civil rights bill on LBJ. It was the same with gay rights.
    1. Here's what you got. You got a poll or 2 that say "do you support medicare for all" that polls at like 60%. The problem is you haven't looked at the more detailed tests where they ask these people follow up questions. Or are explained that they aren't able to have an option to keep their old plan. I've had this argument a million times. I'm for Medicare for all. I'd love M4A. But this leftist talking point that Americans are all for Medicare for all is just BS. In fact I think Georgia had a study where they asked if they were for M4A and like 45% said yes. After testing counter arguments on them, the result after was 6%.

I know this because I've had this argument like 50 times. And I know this because far left ******** propaganda has tried to convinced their audience that everyone wants these policies, and they've given you a narrow view of reality. To make it seem like "the dems don't want what you want either!". And it's a ******** narrative.

In reality AMericans are for medicare for all till they find out what it is.

2. You don't have to legalize pot to decriminalize it. I'm all for criminal justice reform. Pot is a small slice of that pie.

3. Unfortunately these policies are not up to Flint Michigan. You are coming at me like I'm against changes in environmental policies. You can't use blanket polling data when you're talking about actual policy. At the end of the day, people have a family, kids, and a mortgage. What they're FOR is often different form what they're willing to PAY FOR.

4. You have a completely diluted view of history if you think abolitionists forced Lincoln to do anything. Lincoln purposely distanced himself from the abolitionists because they would make politics extremely hard. Especially after he abolished slavery in DC. Where are you getting this idea that abolitionists had anywhere near the ability to force Lincoln to pass the 13th amendment? What would stop him from ignoring them and allowing the emancipation proclamation to wither away?

And who exactly forced Obama's hand? If anyone did it was ****in Biden lol. He's the one that put pressure on Obama that caused a push for gay marriage.

And Malcolm X? Get the **** out of here lol.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 01-26-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    LOLOLOL. Where have you been the last 12 years? Funny how you never mentioned this while GOP members were refusing to pass bills that they had previously supported just because a Dem put it forward.

GOP always wants to work "together" when they have no power.

And it doesn't "help one side". How does better testing for cornavirus, and a better vaccine rollout help "one side". How does alleviating some of the middle class burden from Obama care help "one side".

This is so ****in stupid lol.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 01-26-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    By the way, Biden has said that unity does not mean bipartisan:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._recirculation
    From what I read, he wants everyone to get along by following his lead in lock-step.
    Which is what the GOP started in 2008. But nice of you to blame the Dems for it now that is inconvenient for you lol.

The GOP aint going to pass anything that the Dems will get credit for. You guys are either naive or hoping everyone else is.

1. Here's what you got. You got a poll or 2 that say "do you support medicare for all". The problem is you haven't looked at the more detailed tests where they ask these people follow up questions. Or are explained that they aren't able to have an option to keep their old plan. I've had this argument a million times. I'm for Medicare for all. I'd love M4A. But this leftist talking point that Americans are all for Medicare for all is just BS. In fact I think Georgia had a study where they asked if they were for M4A and like 45% said yes. After testing counter arguments on them, the result after was 6%.

In reality AMericans are for medicare for all till they find out what it is.

2. You don't have to legalize pot to decriminalize it. I'm all for criminal justice reform. Pot is a small slice of that pie.

3. Unfortunately these policies are not up to Flint Michigan. You are coming at me like I'm against changes in environmental policies. You can't use blanket polling data when you're talking about actual policy. At the end of the day, people have a family, kids, and a mortgage. What they're FOR is often different form what they're willing to PAY FOR.

4. You have a completely diluted view of history if you think abolitionists forced Lincoln to do anything. Lincoln purposely distanced himself from the abolitionists because they would make politics extremely hard. Especially after he abolished slavery in DC. Where are you getting this idea that abolitionists had anywhere near the ability to force Lincoln to pass the 13th amendment? What would stop him from ignoring them and allowing the emancipation proclamation to wither away?

And who exactly forced Obama's hand? If anyone did it was ****in Biden lol. He's the one that put pressure on Obama that caused a push for gay marriage.

And Malcolm X? Get the **** out of here lol.
    Here you want me to respect the people you admire like Twain, but when it comes to mines. Let's not converse anymore. Malcolm did more for me and mines than that piece of crap Twain. The john steward of his time, mine arse. Such an elitist attitude, looking down on others.
    You got to show respect to get it.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-26-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Martin Luther King.