Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 136 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3393
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I just spent a month in Honolulu and I don't remember ONCE seeing a single maskhole.......even in the woods on hiking trails, people were either masked or had one at the ready when they met someone on the trail. Check their numbers compared to every other state since the start of the pandemic and tell me locking things down and mandating masks doesn't work.
    Someone will say "oh they are separated by the Pacific Ocean" but forget that Hawaii has a population of over 1.4 million people. That's more than states like Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Oklahoma, and Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Someone will say "oh they are separated by the Pacific Ocean" but forget that Hawaii has a population of over 1.4 million people. That's more than states like Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Oklahoma, and Alaska.
    Not to mention that, while they've had travel restrictions in place, they are one of the more traveled to states in the union plus far more international travel. I had to test pre-flight, everyone did, some islands have even more restrictions (Kauai still requires 14 day quarantine I believe)......and 1million of that population is on one island, 95% concentrated in the Honolulu metro area
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I just spent a month in Honolulu and I don't remember ONCE seeing a single maskhole.......even in the woods on hiking trails, people were either masked or had one at the ready when they met someone on the trail. Check their numbers compared to every other state since the start of the pandemic and tell me locking things down and mandating masks doesn't work.
    I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm.

4. 01-22-2021, 12:19 AM
    Reason
    Unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm.
    zero of it is sarcasm
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Nothing makes me happier than seeing former in Stephen Millerís title when he goes on Fox Opinion.

It's all about behavior. People here just dint comprehend it. I was talking to the guy smogging my car, he just flat out told me he doesnt believe it. I was like bro, go to the hospital, you can see yourself, its real.

He still didn't believe me, lol. I was like that's trumptard, I can't battle that, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Then you're blind. I was in Maui for business 3 weeks ago and saw many people without masks in places of business. I've also been in IL, SD, CA and MI since then and the ratio is the same.

zero of it is sarcasm
    Oh ok I think I just misread. I thought you were on the side of masks not doing an ythign lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Then you're blind. I was in Maui for business 3 weeks ago and saw many people without masks in places of business. I've also been in IL, SD, CA and MI since then and the ratio is the same.
    That's the thing with using these to conceptualize places with millions of people. You are talking about seeing 100-1000 people to create a dataset for millions

When they do this in polling they poll very specific groups. They aren't just conducting a twitter poll.

This is why so many Trump voters are frustrating when they say things liek "no one in my neighborhood voted Trump, the fix is in!" Is so frustrating. It's anecdotal evidence, and utterly useless when recording something like this.

Another normal press briefing today. Two days in a row of briefings!

And the infectious disease experts spoke about the pandemic. Fascinating strategy.

No personal attacks on Twitter. Didnít hear him bash Fox News for their criticisms. Didnít blame Trump endlessly while doing nothing or even say his name.

Itís really sad how far Trump pushed the baseline for expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    That's the thing with using these to conceptualize places with millions of people. You are talking about seeing 100-1000 people to create a dataset for millions

When they do this in polling they poll very specific groups. They aren't just conducting a twitter poll.

This is why so many Trump voters are frustrating when they say things liek "no one in my neighborhood voted Trump, the fix is in!" Is so frustrating. It's anecdotal evidence, and utterly useless when recording something like this.
    dbroncsinmo's anecdotal evidence trumps all. Don't forget: it's just the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    dbroncsinmo's anecdotal evidence trumps all. Don't forget: it's just the flu.
    Can't just point the finger at him Site wolf did it too.

Broncos and Site Wolf could be visiting the same city but subconsciously going to places that are statistically more likely to have people like them. Who are going to vote like them. Everything from the restaurants you go to. To the hobbies you choose. That's why using anecdotal evidence is so silly. Not to mention your own bias is going to get in the way.

That's why using data is important ESPECIALLY in things like this when you're talking about millions and sometimes billions of people.

I can and I will. My response is in reference to more than just their two post exchange.

In terms of the rest of your post, I'm well aware of all that and fully agree.

And that's why I cringe every time I hear **** like this. There are billions of people on this planet. Your life experience isn't ****.

Again this is why science is so crucial, and science education is so crucial. It show you how flawed your dumb human brain is. And how it tries (and mostly fails) to pick up patterns.