Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 418 of 515 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 7725
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No idea. I haven't read any Texas textbooks recently.
    Maybe you should.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I wonder how many Chicago inner city blacks were shot by white people this week.
    Theyt need to put a 1000% excise tax on bullets. That'll slow things down.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Maybe you should.
    Just as soon as I finish reading the 6,000 page synopsis of "Sacred Places of the Indigenous Peoples."

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You are two peas in pod.

Garland never said it is the “biggest threat to America” nor did he agree that it was “the biggest threat to the country.”

He said (and I quote from the tweet on your own post) “In the FBI’s view, the top domestic violent extremist threat comes from racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, specifically those who advocate for the superiority of the white race.”

He went on to say the same about militia groups as a “dangerous threat to our democracy.”

There is a big difference, even though it may be hard for people with pea-sized brains to understand that.

And yes, his assessment, based on gathered intelligence, is one with which I agree.
    Odd, nearly 10% of all intentional daily shootings occur in inner city Chicago.

Just as a point of clarification, when the DOJ talks about the greatest domestic threats to the country, they mean to the institutions not necessarily individuals. Terrorists goal is to disrupt or overthrow the government, while inner city Chicago gangs have no desire to do so.

If it were just about who kills the most Americans, the biggest domestic threat to the US would be heart disease.

I wonder how many Chicago inner city blacks were shot by white people this week.
    I wonder how many capitol police were injured by the extreme right groups raiding the Capitol building.
    I wonder how many Republicans voted against giving medals to those brave police officers, who were trying to protect their lives that day, this past week. You know the one who supports the Blue lives matter groups.

A lot of wondering go on here.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Chicago……shootin' for the record in 2021

Just as a point of clarification, when the DOJ talks about the greatest domestic threats to the country, they mean to the institutions not necessarily individuals. Terrorists goal is to disrupt or overthrow the government, while inner city Chicago gangs have no desire to do so.

If it were just about who kills the most Americans, the biggest domestic threat to the US would be heart disease.
    Maybe he isn't talking about individuals but an ethnic group. Some see BLM as a terrorist group, and some here think that Blacks go to protest to participate in smash and grab with their children afterward.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

If your point is that we should measure domestic threats to our democracy by daily gun deaths (as stupid a measure as it would be), well, then Chicago does not hold a candle to this “threat.”

Nearly two-thirds of all gun deaths in the US are suicides, resulting in an average of 64 deaths a day. And the problem is getting worse: Over the past decade, the US firearm suicide rate has increased by 13 percent.

So, what are you saying?

And for the record, I am not trying to be facetious like you are; I see suicide by guns as a serious public health issue, not a threat to our democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    If your point is that we should measure domestic threats to our democracy by daily gun deaths (as stupid a measure as it would be), well, then Chicago does not hold a candle to this “threat.”

Nearly two-thirds of all gun deaths in the US are suicides, resulting in an average of 64 deaths a day. And the problem is getting worse: Over the past decade, the US firearm suicide rate has increased by 13 percent.

So, what are you saying?

And for the record, I am not trying to be facetious like you are; I see suicide by guns as a serious public health issue, not a threat to our democracy.
    You might want to go back and reread the AG quote that you yourself quoted. As a reminder, it included: "the top domestic violent extremist threat"

If you are insinuating that the violence enacted between citizens does not fit that category, I'd suggest that you are incorrect.

just as a point of clarification, when the doj talks about the greatest domestic threats to the country, they mean to the institutions not necessarily individuals. Terrorists goal is to disrupt or overthrow the government, while inner city chicago gangs have no desire to do so.

If it were just about who kills the most americans, the biggest domestic threat to the us would be heart disease.
    v

you might want to go back and reread the ag quote that you yourself quoted. As a reminder, it included: "the top domestic violent extremist threat"

if you are insinuating that the violence enacted between citizens does not fit that category, i'd suggest that you are incorrect.

[QUOTE=Crovash;33987526]If your point is that we should measure domestic threats to our democracy by daily gun deaths (as stupid a measure as it would be), well, then Chicago does not hold a candle to this “threat.”

So, what are you saying?

More dots to connect.

Your dots being connected make less sense that the constellations the ancients seemed to see in the sky. Other than the Big Dipper, I never saw those other one either either.

You might want to go back and reread the AG quote that you yourself quoted. As a reminder, it included: "the top domestic violent extremist threat"

If you are insinuating that the violence enacted between citizens does not fit that category, I'd suggest that you are incorrect.
    No, you are incorrect. The comment from Garland came in a speech about the administrations plan to fight domestic terrorism:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...stic-terrorism

Here is the full speech:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/a...policy-address

Here is what it covered:

National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism

He was referring to terrorist threats that pose a national security threat to the institutions or government of the United States, not simply violence enacted between citizens.

You are wrong.

No, you are incorrect. The comment from Garland came in a speech about the administrations plan to fight domestic terrorism:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...stic-terrorism

Here is the full speech:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/a...policy-address

Here is what it covered:

National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism

He was referring to terrorist threats that pose a national security threat to the institutions or government of the United States, not simply violence enacted between citizens.

You are wrong.
    How quickly they want to forget when the insurrectionists where doing their practice runs in Michigan. Taking over the state capitol and plotting to kidnap the Governor and Secretary of State of Michigan.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Go ahead, suggest all you want. But, face it, given the context and the actual text, you are not even in the right zip code on this, much less the right time zone.