Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 117 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3393
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The number you used is from 2019. In your own link, it shows the 2020 poverty rate at 9.2%
    When I click for Canada the link it goes to the Just the Facts page but I see no date. Just the 1 in 7 figure
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    When I click for Canada the link it goes to the Just the Facts page but I see no date. Just the 1 in 7 figure
    Yeah I was looking too and couldn’t find it.

Yeah I was looking too and couldn’t find it.
    How about a local example of higher minimum wage higher prices? Would an example in America work for you with that?

How about a local example of higher minimum wage higher prices? Would an example in America work for you with that?
    Well the example would need to show the higher prices are the result of higher wages. For example, the wages in Seattle increased and Seattle has a very high cost of living, but that cost of living was high prior to the minimum wage increase (indeed, the only reason they increased the minimum wage was to keep up with the insane cost of living).

Well the example would need to show the higher prices are the result of higher wages. For example, the wages in Seattle increased and Seattle has a very high cost of living, but that cost of living was high prior to the minimum wage increase (indeed, the only reason they increased the minimum wage was to keep up with the insane cost of living).
    Would it be fair to say it's the "chicken and egg" story?

Would it be fair to say it's the "chicken and egg" story?
    In some instances yes. In some it is the Chicken, in others it’s the egg. It has different effects in different places, which is why I’m against a $15 minimum wage. But I’m more against keeping it at $7.25, because whether $15 is too high or not, $7.25 is definitely too low.

Somewhere around $10-12 seems reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I thought everybody kind of understood that the 2000 was going to include the 600 already given earlier this month? That you were only going to get 1400 more.
    If they didn’t see this from the countless times it was said, I don’t know what more you can do. But rest assured, it’s always the Democrats fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    the menu for DND across the street from me says a large coffee comes to 2.69. We have all the data we need and have debunked Bretts theory

Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The funniest thing about this all is that a large coffee at Tim's is something like $2.15 after tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Joe Biden's Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    The funniest thing about this all is that a large coffee at Tim's is something like $2.15 after tax.
    Brett should be embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Will anyone take the initiative.

In a week, Trump will be gone, done and over. JoeB will be stepping in along with a new administration and a Congress.

It seems like it would be the time for a new beginning of civility. Will anyone make any kind of an effort to try to mend fences???

This from Ayana Pressley over the last day or so……

“It’s criminal behavior,” she told CNN’s Don Lemon. “They have been complicit from the very beginning in their willful criminality to carry the water for Donald Trump and these science denials which allowed this pandemic to rage out of control. And then by refusing to wear the masks, this is criminal behavior. That’s chemical warfare so far as i’m concerned.”

“The second I realized our ‘safe room’ from the violent white supremacist mob included treasonous, white supremacist, anti masker Members of Congress who incited the mob in the first place, I exited. Furious that more of my colleagues by the day are testing positive,” she tweeted on Tuesday." (would have been just as easy to move away from the "germ spreaders" and go to another part of the room.)

Other dems have screamed for some congressionals to be booted out (knowing that that is not going to happen)

Others calling what happened in the Capital as an attempted coup, an insurrection (it wasn't. It was just nutjobs who gained entry into an important building)

Impeachment with a week to go (he will not be removed but he will go away in a week. Isn't that enough???)

Trump wants to keep the economy open and all the dems criticize him for that. Now he is gone and dems want to open their economies (see Andrew Cuomo in NY and Laurie Ligheweight in Chi.) but do it safely. As if it could not be done safely under trump but can be done safely once he is gone.

This type of talk does no one any good…on either side. For all the rhetoric everyone lays on Trump, it seems just as bad or worse from the dems.

Question is…will someone take the initiative to normalize relations between the two parties and our citizens??? Is anyone going to come forward and start the ball rolling. Geraldo Rivera on FOX News (GASP!!!) suggested Biden grant Trump a pardon early on as a show of good will. I think that is a terrific idea. Trump is over and done with. Yesterday''s news. He is in the verge of being ignored. Grant a pardon and move on. It will go a long way. Mitch McConnell could try to get some bipartisan co-operation going. Maybe the repubs could back off the Hunmter Biden mess.

Going on like this is just unacceptable and does none of us any good.

Someone needs to make the first move.

Joe Biden's Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

In a week, Trump will be gone, done and over. JoeB will be stepping in along with a new administration and a Congress.

It seems like it would be the time for a new beginning of civility. Will anyone make any kind of an effort to try to mend fences???

“It’s criminal behavior,” she told CNN’s Don Lemon. “They have been complicit from the very beginning in their willful criminality to carry the water for Donald Trump and these science denials which allowed this pandemic to rage out of control. And then by refusing to wear the masks, this is criminal behavior. That’s chemical warfare so far as i’m concerned.”

“The second I realized our ‘safe room’ from the violent white supremacist mob included treasonous, white supremacist, anti masker Members of Congress who incited the mob in the first place, I exited. Furious that more of my colleagues by the day are testing positive,” she tweeted on Tuesday." (would have been just as easy to move away from the "germ spreaders" and go to another part of the room.)

Other dems have screamed for some congressionals to be booted out (knowing that that is not going to happen)

Others calling what happened in the Capital as an attempted coup, an insurrection (it wasn't. It was just nutjobs who gained entry into an important building)

Impeachment with a week to go (he will not be removed but he will go away in a week. Isn't that enough???)

Trump wants to keep the economy open and all the dems criticize him for that. Now he is gone and dems want to open their economies (see Andrew Cuomo in NY and Laurie Ligheweight in Chi.) but do it safely. As if it could not be done safely under trump but can be done safely once he is gone.

This type of talk does no one any good…on either side. For all the rhetoric everyone lays on Trump, it seems just as bad or worse from the dems.

Question is…will someone take the initiative to normalize relations between the two parties and our citizens??? Is anyone going to come forward and start the ball rolling. Geraldo Rivera on FOX News (GASP!!!) suggested Biden grant Trump a pardon early on as a show of good will. I think that is a terrific idea. Trump is over and done with. Yesterday''s news. He is in the verge of being ignored. Grant a pardon and move on. It will go a long way. Mitch McConnell could try to get some bipartisan co-operation going. Maybe the repubs could back off the Hunmter Biden mess.

Admitting Trump was a crook seems like a good first move. Everyone knows it. After that everyone can talk policy again and no one will fear that his actions will be duplicated or he will come back

I think in another thread you said we should get rid of Pardons all together. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

Biden granting Trump a pardon would be beyond idiotic. Not surprised that you love the idea and somehow think that it'd bring unity to the country.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Biden granting Trump a pardon would be beyond idiotic. Not surprised that you love the idea and somehow think that it'd bring unity to the country.
    What perplexes me is this belief that Trump will just go away after this election. What on earth makes people think Trump will go away after this election? Dude is already talking about running in 2024. He's not going away.

A $15 minimum wage amounts to $32,000 a year. People who are against that believe that it's OK for someone to have a full time job in the supposed greatest and wealthiest country in the world and make less than $31,000 a year. Homelessness and poverty only exist because we choose to let it exist. It doesn't have to. Not here. Wanting it to exist and wanting people to have to struggle needlessly is really weird to me. Especially when inequality is just spiraling even more out of control as the rich just absolutely plundered things in 2020.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    A $15 minimum wage amounts to $32,000 a year. People who are against that believe that it's OK for someone to have a full time job in the supposed greatest and wealthiest country in the world and make less than $31,000 a year. Homelessness and poverty only exist because we choose to let it exist. It doesn't have to. Not here. Wanting it to exist and wanting people to have to struggle needlessly is really weird to me. Especially when inequality is just spiraling even more out of control as the rich just absolutely plundered things in 2020.
    what is even worse are the people who complain about bumping up minimum wage are ok with the higher ups in the company getting million dollar bonuses. I believe it was Bernie Sanders tweeted something to the effect that the average McDonalds employee makes like $9/hour but, the CEO just received an 18 million dollar bonus