Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 227 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3394
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I know, that is my point.

how do you think the 74+ million people (or just Trump's base) that just voted for Trump in November are going to react by doing this. they're certainly not going to be interested in uniting.
    They violently assaulted the Capitol and two cops are dead. And this was after Biden’s call for unity.

Biden asked for Unity, Trump and his supporters said no, no the left.

Unless you want to explain how violently assaulting the nation’s Capitol was an attempt at unity?...

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    They violently assaulted the Capitol and two cops are dead. And this was after Biden’s call for unity.

Biden asked for Unity, Trump and his supporters said no, no the left.

Unless you want to explain how violently assaulting the nation’s Capitol was an attempt at unity?...
    you know this not the general population of Trump supporters, right? this was a small group of people and shouldn't be used to generalize everyone.

they were wrong, vilify those people, but it's not fair to say this is all Trump supporters.

unity means uniting the left and right, you can't do that by further alienating the right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    As mention I believe Manchin will be key in many of the dems plans going forward.

Some key things from an interview he just had.

1. Does not believe impeaching Trump is the right move, but that the judicial system should be the one that does and that includes anybody that made speeches to incite that mob.

2. Does not think expelling Hawley or Cruz is possible.

3. Does not know enough on statehood of PR and DC before he makes a decision.

4. Does not believe in eliminating the filibuster.

5. Does not believe a blanket 2000 check is the right move, but better to target people who are more in need.
    Manchin is playing a dangerous game. He thinks if he plays hardball with the democrats since he's the deciding vote he can force concessions and gain favor with republican-leaning voters in his home state. But if he plays this too far like he's threatening, not even being in favor of $2,000 checks, this will backfire on him and he'll find himself out of Congress before he knows it.

I don't actually think he'll be able to stop $2,000 checks because it has the support of several republicans and Schumer will give it a vote. Then when it passes anyway after he voted against it he'll just look like an ******* who voted against giving Americans relief during pandemic. That can't be good politics and with the number of enemies on the left he's creating, that point won't be forgotten by the public.

As for DC Statehood, there is no reason at all they shouldn't have a state. In 2016, D.C. Statehood had support of almost 90% of D.C. residents so they clearly want it and they have a larger population than both Wyoming and Vermont. They get no Congressional representation and so they have no say in where their tax dollars get placed. If he votes against it and/or blocks it, which to be fair he's only being noncommittal, there will tremendous blowback from the left.

Basically all he's doing is helping the Republican Party and if he tries to waste time by holding up legislation and the democrats fail to pass major legislation republicans will probably take back both the House and Senate in 2022 and Joe Biden will be a lame duck two years early. I think if that were to happen Manchin would be almost solely to blame and he would never not get primaried again.

you know this not the general population of Trump supporters, right? this was a small group of people and shouldn't be used to generalize everyone.

they were wrong, vilify those people, but it's not fair to say this is all Trump supporters.

unity means uniting the left and right, you can't do that by further alienating the right.
    A plurality of republicans supported the attack on the Capitol. Donald Trump is a thug who can't leave office fast enough and will be lucky if he doesn't end up in prison, and a terrorist attack on the Capitol is acceptable to Republican voters as long as you are white.

https://www.statista.com/chart/23886...riot-approval/
    Last edited by TylerSL; 01-10-2021 at 07:35 PM.

They can't pivot off of the 2,000 dollar checks because the economy is showing signs of slowing down again. COVID infections rates are skyrocketing and the holiday season is over so the job market is shedding significantly. They'll pass another stimulus. Its not a matter of what Biden does in his first year. He'll have support because he's a new president and usually there is a honeymoon period (especially when both houses are controlled by one party) when passing initial legislation.

Biden's presidency is going to come down to how fast we get over this virus, how the economy recovers, and what he does from 2022-2024 (God willing he lives that long).

6. 01-10-2021, 07:37 PM
    Reason
    Read up on it and stop with the trolling

I never said all his supporters.

The right just took over the Capitol Building but it is we who should be careful not to alienate the right?
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Manchin is playing a dangerous game. He thinks if he plays hardball with the democrats since he's the deciding vote he can force concessions and gain favor with republican-leaning voters in his home state. But if he plays this too far like he's threatening, not even being in favor of $2,000 checks, this will backfire on him and he'll find himself out of Congress before he knows it.

I don't actually think he'll be able to stop $2,000 checks because it has the support of several republicans and Schumer will give it a vote. Then when it passes anyway after he voted against it he'll just look like an ******* who voted against giving Americans relief during pandemic. That can't be good politics and with the number of enemies on the left he's creating, that point won't be forgotten by the public.

As for DC Statehood, there is no reason at all they shouldn't have a state. In 2016, D.C. Statehood had support of almost 90% of D.C. residents so they clearly want it and they have a larger population than both Wyoming and Vermont. They get no Congressional representation and so they have no say in where their tax dollars get placed. If he votes against it and/or blocks it, which to be fair he's only being noncommittal, there will tremendous blowback from the left.

Basically all he's doing is helping the Republican Party and if he tries to waste time by holding up legislation and the democrats fail to pass major legislation republicans will probably take back both the House and Senate in 2022 and Joe Biden will be a lame duck two years early. I think if that were to happen Manchin would be almost solely to blame and he would never not get primaried again.
    You could be right. But I would trust Manchin's understanding of voters in his state far better than any of ours. It's important to remember that not one of our opinions on Manchin is at all relevant. Unless someone has been hiding being from West Virginia from me. I might be the closest thing to one of his constituents distance-wise.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I know, that is my point.

how do you think the 74+ million people (or just Trump's base) that just voted for Trump in November are going to react by doing this. they're certainly not going to be interested in uniting.
    The war is over Lebowski. The bums lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I never said all his supporters.
    that has been the media narrative, and even what some others here have said.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The right just took over the Capitol Building but it is we who should be careful not to alienate the right?
    "the right" being the entire right? you know this isn't fair. (right valade16?)

it wasn't the entire right that did this, it was a very small few compared to Trump' supporters in general.

what happens when a few of Black Lives Matter riot. loot, ect, shut down BLM? I know that gets to be a narrative, and that isn't fair either. I've said as much before that BLM can do good. they shouldn't be vilified as an organization for those that abuse it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"the right" being the entire right? you know this isn't fair. (right valade16?)

it wasn't the entire right that did this, it was a very small few compared to Trump' supporters in general.

what happens when a few of Black Lives Matter riot. loot, ect, shut down BLM? I know that gets to be a narrative, and that isn't fair either. I've said as much before that BLM can do good. they shouldn't be vilified as an organization for those that abuse it.
    The point is the right has gone so far off the cliff that alienating them is the last thing I am concern with. They have alienated the hell out of the rest of us with their antics both in Congress by Mitch and at the Capitol Building by the Trumpsters. You ain't going to find absolution for what the Trump supporter did by waving whataboutism. They are rounding your fellow Trumpster up and going to hit them with the full extent of the law. Get that old fashion bury under the jail justice. Elected rep. politicians, out-state police officers, white-collar workers, and co-founder of a grocery line all going to jail. Jail, Jail for insurrection. And they did all this with an incoming democrat administration. A fine ending for these delusional Trumpsters. I hope they don't feel alienated while sitting in prison. They are so stupid. Taking over a Federal Building in the national capital and expecting there wouldn't be any major blowback from it. Putting pictures of themselves sitting at one of the most powerful political leader's desk, stealing her mail on the internet. Is stupidity a rampant mental illness among Trumpsters? As my kid use to say when he was young. "Dog, They be wilding".
    Last edited by WES445; 01-11-2021 at 01:49 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Yeah, when BLM start protesting over bogus charges and take over a federal building in our nation's capital, they should be hit with the same charges as the Trumpsters are getting. I hope they spent all the time they need to ID all the little Trumpsters who broke in. I am sure Uncle Joe will be loose with the purse strings on this one.

Martin Luther King.

The point is the right has gone so far off the cliff that alienating them is the last thing I am concern with. They have alienated the hell out of the rest of us with their antics both in Congress by Mitch and at the Capitol Building by the Trumpsters. You ain't going to find absolution for what the Trump supporter did by waving whataboutism. They are rounding your fellow Trumpster up and going to hit them with the full extent of the law. Get that old fashion bury under the jail justice. Elected rep. politicians, out-state police officers, white-collar workers, and co-founder of a grocery line all going to jail. Jail, Jail for insurrection. And they did all this with an incoming democrat administration. A fine ending for these delusional Trumpsters. I hope they don't feel alienated while sitting in prison. They are so stupid. Taking over a Federal Building in the national capital and expecting there wouldn't be any major blowback from it. Putting pictures of themselves sitting at one of the most powerful political leader's desk, stealing her mail on the internet. Is stupidity a rampant mental illness among Trumpsters? As my kid use to say when he was young. "Dog, They be wilding".
    you're doing exactly what I bet you would object to if anyone generalized black people like this.

this is not all Trumpsters like some want to believe, like some have been manipulated.

this was not the entire right. I've seen many in media/social media on the right calling this out, including Fox News Tucker Carlson. to say this is, "the right" is demonstrably false.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, when BLM start protesting over bogus charges and take over a federal building in our nation's capital, they should be hit with the same charges as the Trumpsters are getting. I hope they spent all the time they need to ID all the little Trumpsters who broke in. I am sure Uncle Joe will be loose with the purse strings on this one.
    and when Antifa do something comparable, same for them? because you know, they have, and they've been downplayed by media.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯