Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 726 of 823 FirstFirst ... 226626676716724725726727728736776 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 12332
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Having a punchable personality does not make you smart. Keep that in mind. He answered the question. You just didn't like the answer.
    Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    And with more Democrats in the Senate, you won't have to dilute the bill.

Seriously, what is the solution? I can't wave a magic wand and blink some sense into Manchin, or I would. So what is the solution?
    Dude, what is your problem?

There isn't none as it stands. The bill get diluted to worthlessness, the progressives vote it down and the infrastructure bill and go into mid-term and rev up the troop with egg on your face. You didn't get it done.

Good luck with that. Most party like to be able to crow about want they are doing for the voters during this time.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Dude, what is your problem?

There isn't none as it stands. The bill get diluted to worthlessness, the progressives vote it down and the infrastructure bill and go into mid-term and rev up the troop with egg on your face. You didn't get it done.

Good luck with that. Most party like to be able to crow about want they are doing for the voters during this time.
    My "problem" is that I said we need to get more Democrats in the Senate so Manchin's vote doesn't matter, and you said that wasn't a solution. So, I asked what the solution is, if it's not that.

I do have to admit that my zero days served in the Senate probably didn't help things.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What does he stand to gain by that?
    Well on the climate policies he don't want, Mets have posted Manchin fossil fuel connections, personally, and donorwise.

Sinema is raking in campaign money from businesses effected by parts of the Buy Back Better two part plan while the debate on the bill is in process, so she knifed the wealth tax and revoking Trumps corp. tax rate.

They are corrupt, this has been mentioned several times before. They will have a golden parachute when they leave Washington.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

My "problem" is that I said we need to get more Democrats in the Senate so Manchin's vote doesn't matter, and you said that wasn't a solution. So, I asked what the solution is, if it's not that.

I do have to admit that my zero days served in the Senate probably didn't help things.
    And I couldn't compute "solution" when I was talking about our political gamesmanship going into the mid-term. The endgame: keep what we have or gain more seats.

You need a happy, want to go out vote base for that.

Will Rogers

I'm asking you what the solution is, if it's not sending more Democrats to the Senate so Manchin's vote doesn't matter.
    How do you do that? If you can't pass good things for the public to gain more support due to... Manchin.

I think the answer is you go hard at the problem. Manchin and Sinema. Ostracize and attack them like you would if they held something like this up but had an R next to their name. Don't just give in to bad people/nonsense because you view it as a team game and they are Dems. Apply as much pressure as you possibly can, including primaries, until they do what is best for the country.

You keep saying get more democrats elected but it's people like Manchin that also make that tougher when they do this to stop positives to point out to voters. He is not only hurting the bill and American people but also likely affecting future elections for the party.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    How do you do that? If you can't pass good things for the public to gain more support due to... Manchin.

I think the answer is you go hard at the problem. Manchin and Sinema. Ostracize and attack them like you would if they held something like this up but had an R next to their name. Don't just give in to bad people/nonsense because you view it as a team game and they are Dems. Apply as much pressure as you possibly can, including primaries, until they do what is best for the country.

You keep saying get more democrats elected but it's people like Manchin that also make that tougher when they do this to stop positives to point out to voters. He is not only hurting the bill and American people but also likely affecting future elections for the party.
    Yep. Democrats think they can just win on a growing amount of minorities and younger demographics becoming more left but you won't have that crutch if Biden's campaign promises get severely undercut by his own party. You already have enough opposition on the other side of the aisle to begin with.

People put Biden in office because they expected action. All Manchin and Sinema are doing is making sure the Republicans have more ammunition come midterm elections. It won't be hard to elect Democrats out. As Wes already said, they lost seats in the House in a year where Biden had the most popular votes of any other president in American history.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-27-2021 at 11:04 PM.

It still amazes me how Tedward Cruz defended Nazi salutes in the senate today and somehow he isn't being expected to resign in disgrace.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It still amazes me how Tedward Cruz defended Nazi salutes in the senate today and somehow he isn't being expected to resign in disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Well on the climate policies he don't want, Mets have posted Manchin fossil fuel connections, personally, and donorwise.

Sinema is raking in campaign money from businesses effected by parts of the Buy Back Better two part plan while the debate on the bill is in process, so she knifed the wealth tax and revoking Trumps corp. tax rate.

They are corrupt, this has been mentioned several times before. They will have a golden parachute when they leave Washington.
    Manchin also is in West Virginia where his constituents are very pro coal.

Maybe you're right and he's purely corrupt. But I think we have to be aware that West Virginia is as pro coal as it gets. Not only point toward corruption.

These people don't want to be left without an opportunity to make an honest living. And we should try and respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post

Maybe you're right and he's purely corrupt. But I think we have to be aware that West Virginia is as pro coal as it gets. Not only point toward corruption.

These people don't want to be left without an opportunity to make an honest living. And we should try and respect that.
    I can agree with this statement. Manchin was voted for by the people of West Virginia and is only doing what is best for his constituents.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post

I am curious, do you always respect fears of the politicians constituents on issues?

Is it alright that republicans largely vote against policy that their constituents may have fears on for example?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Cute. You posted a video of the relationship every lefty in this forum has with special. Isn't that special.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I am curious, do you always respect fears of the politicians constituents on issues?

Is it alright that republicans largely vote against policy that their constituents may have fears on for example?
    This is such a general obvious trap question.

My only point here is we shouldn't immediately accuse Manchin of corruption when he could just be appealing to his constituents.

And yes even if I disagree with them. Or might think they're naive. I feel empathy towards people who fear a living middle class wage isn't a viable opportunity anymore.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 10-27-2021 at 11:51 PM.