Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 714 of 845 FirstFirst ... 214614664704712713714715716724764814 ... LastLast
Results 10,696 to 10,710 of 12667
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm not sure why they can't vote for someone to just own the libs. They did it in 2016 and tried again in 2020. There's no reason why they couldn't do the same in 2022 and 2024. A number of their senate choices (looking squarely at Ohio) are only in consideration because of how they act like they want to own the libs and damn the rest. The people trying to primary Greg Abbott are the same way. Allen West has decided to run for governor despite not being from the state on a platform that is very "own the libs". It's an entire grievance party and the grievance is that Democrats aren't illegal.
    I agree they will run on "dump on the libs" and a return to yesterday. That is what their base thirst for. No policy unless to overturn those their small numbers is against. Just watching Abbott and DeSantis try to out-Trump the other, I know the republican field is going to lean into Trumpism or for a better word, right-wing extremism. Tea partyism or Trumpism is all the same thing with a different label.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

So what we're saying is that a disease that killed 5,000,000 people all by itself had an effect on the world's economy and ours as well?
    Let alone the resources depleted in order to treat the 220,000,000 people who have recovered (including those who were hospitalized).

So what we're saying is that a disease that killed 5,000,000 people all by itself had an effect on the world's economy and ours as well?
    This is where one of them runs up and asks, "Where is your proof?" Whether that is directed at the numbers of deaths or the world economy connected to our depends on which lib-bashing ignoramus is doing the asking.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Please define what "significant inflation" means to you. I would say that 5% is pretty significant and the only time I see those numbers was 3 months in 2008.
    Currently, we have had 5 consecutive months of this sort of inflation.
    Did I give off an impression that 5%+ wasn’t significant inflation?

2008 was pretty much all 4%+ until the final few months the recession hit. I’d say that is still significant is it not? What’s your definition of significant?

As well as 2005 - 2008 probably averaged around 3.5% as a whole, so that is a pretty long time with elevated inflation from the 2% long run average target.

Do you not think a largely closed economy that is reopening and was floated from crashing with stimulus from both sides would not have significant inflation?
    Yankees Farm System

and......you lost him.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    This is where one of them runs up and asks, "Where is your proof?" Whether that is directed at the numbers of deaths or the world economy connected to our depends on which lib-bashing ignoramus is doing the asking.
    At this point if people don’t know someone who got or died of COVID, I have to ask how cloistered a life they lead. I know one person directly who died of it, my dad and grandmother just tested positive and got monoclonal antibody treatment with no major symptoms thanks to being vaccinated, and through friends and family am aware of several more people who died and a couple dozen who tested positive.

People still acting like it’s a hoax are at this point to be written off as sheltered morons not interested in anything that will make society better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Kind of like how you lump all conservatives in with the January 6th riot you piece of ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let it all out. We all know how desperate you are to be seen as a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    https://www.usinflationcalculator.co...flation-rates/

You are wrong, we’ve had plenty of periods of significant inflation the past 30 years.

The main reason we have significant inflation right now is because all of 2020 was pretty much depressed from the low 2%s inflation we were averaging down to low 0% in the beginning of the pandemic to an average of low 1%s after.

This is the bounce back effect from having a shutdown economy that has been floated with stimulus through that period and now been relatively opened up.

So this is completely to be expected.

Trump had significant periods of inflation that were higher than Obamas presidency. And to answer the question (of which you were wrong), the last time we had inflation at this level was 2008 where Bush was president and it was largely attributed to energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Careful. catman considers countering his unsubstantiated nonsense with facts to be trolling. If you keep this up, he may pretend he's going to exit the conversation while whining about trolling and calling you Dr. Google.

I find that hard to believe. Even if partially true, the plandemic was nothing but a ruse to push Donald Trump out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I agree they will run on "dump on the libs" and a return to yesterday. That is what their base thirst for. No policy unless to overturn those their small numbers is against. Just watching Abbott and DeSantis try to out-Trump the other, I know the republican field is going to lean into Trumpism or for a better word, right-wing extremism. Tea partyism or Trumpism is all the same thing with a different label.
    They’d happily kill thousands of Americans if it meant owning the libs.

At this point if people don’t know someone who got or died of COVID, I have to ask how cloistered a life they lead. I know one person directly who died of it, my dad and grandmother just tested positive and got monoclonal antibody treatment with no major symptoms thanks to being vaccinated, and through friends and family am aware of several more people who died and a couple dozen who tested positive.

People still acting like it’s a hoax are at this point to be written off as sheltered morons not interested in anything that will make society better.
    They get you explaining things when it doesn't matter to them. Even if you gave the proof with the Mother Mary seal of approval on it it still wouldn't matter because it runs counter to their narrative. That is what happens when you try to defend a weak or bs stance. Just asking for proof, that we know they won't accept, becomes a deflection. The most important thing for the republicans is "pushing the narrative" no policy but overturning "liberal" ruling and damn anything else, even the Constitution.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don't think they were ever interested in the welfare of the common people. Collateral damage at best to them. While meatpackers were dropping on their jobs, the republicans were pushing against stay-at-home order. Got to keep the wheels of capitalism running. Bang, Bang
    Last edited by WES445; 10-25-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The same way they will put a bunch of 14 year olds to work until 9:30 and 11 rather than increasing wages.

the tales you lefties spin. You must make big coin selling your stuff to the left.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the tales you lefties spin. You must make big coin selling your stuff to the left.
    Imagine saying this when conservatives have turned this very thing into an entire industry.