Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 702 of 845 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712752802 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 12664
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Reiterate some of his accomplishments, if you please.
    I literally did this 2 months ago and gave you 7 things. When you asked what grade you'd give Biden so far. See you just don't retain any information.

Reiterate some of his accomplishments, if you please.
    I have no recollection of what MRSpock wrote previously, but President Biden does have some accomplishments, though most are probably in areas you and others couldn’t care less about:

His administration negotiated an agreement to open California ports to 24-7 operation to alleviate supply chain bottlenecks. He increased food stamp benefits by 25% to directly help needy families, and increased the minimum wage for thousands of federal contractors to $15/hr.

Biden ordered the Department of Justice to produce a rule clarifying when a device marketed as a gun brace turns a pistol effectively into a short-barreled rifle, and he told the Department of Justice to produce model “red flag” legislation for all 50 states so that they could enact such laws against gun violence

The Biden Administration ordered the EPA and the Department of Transportation to rollout increased fuel emission standards that will lead to 40-50 percent of US cars being electric by 2030. It allocated $5 billion from FEMA for communities affected by climate-related disasters.

The administration revoked the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline, blocked drilling at the Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), and ordered a stop to the issuing of new leases for oil and gas exploration on public lands.

President Biden had the United States rejoin the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Human Rights Council, and he returned the United States to the Paris Climate Accord.

Abandons? I say my peace and call it good.
    I am not a Republican. I am an independent. I simply want to know what Biden has done right thus far in his administration. To me it looks like a dumpster fire (and yes, I have dealt with them in real life -- they are no fun to fight).
    You're Republican. All your rhetoric comes from Fox News. You believe hook line and sinker with establishment Republicans. You even repeat word for word quotes from Republicab propagandists on Fox.

And yes exactly. You don't discuss or debate. You take a dump and leave. Not actually engaging anyone.

And by the way Spock, when the trolls start in trolling, I leave the discussion. It won't go any further. If you wish to have an honest discussion with me, by all means I will engage you in same.
    That's a cop out. You just can't have honest discussions. Last time we had a foreign policy talk you just trolled the whole time because almost everything you said was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    As a hedge against inflation. They're creating a global blockchain of currency that isn't affected by a country's value of money.

I would say it was a significant problem. Something that cost 1000 dollars in 1990 would have cost 1980 dollars in 2019 (pre pandemic). That's nearly double. I'm not saying the pandemic didn't exacerbate those circumstances but its not like inflation wasn't an issue. From the post 9/11 economic downturn to the 2008 mortgage crisis, to the US having their credit rating dropped in 2011, to the mounting debt issues, etc.
    Honestly most of notching IMO is black market and gambling money. I don't think it has as big of an effect as many seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I have no recollection of what MRSpock wrote previously, but President Biden does have some accomplishments, though most are probably in areas you and others couldn’t care less about:

His administration negotiated an agreement to open California ports to 24-7 operation to alleviate supply chain bottlenecks. He increased food stamp benefits by 25% to directly help needy families, and increased the minimum wage for thousands of federal contractors to $15/hr.

Biden ordered the Department of Justice to produce a rule clarifying when a device marketed as a gun brace turns a pistol effectively into a short-barreled rifle, and he told the Department of Justice to produce model “red flag” legislation for all 50 states so that they could enact such laws against gun violence

The Biden Administration ordered the EPA and the Department of Transportation to rollout increased fuel emission standards that will lead to 40-50 percent of US cars being electric by 2030. It allocated $5 billion from FEMA for communities affected by climate-related disasters.

The administration revoked the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline, blocked drilling at the Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), and ordered a stop to the issuing of new leases for oil and gas exploration on public lands.

President Biden had the United States rejoin the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Human Rights Council, and he returned the United States to the Paris Climate Accord.
    And there's more than this. It just amazes me Catman. Every time Trump is mentioned you say "I didn't vote for Trump" and move on. You rarely every went into depth with your criticisms. But Biden you are nonstop with the criticisms.

Another reason you are useless to discuss topics with. You can't even be honest with your affiliations even though everyone in this forum knows you are a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Honestly most of notching IMO is black market and gambling money. I don't think it has as big of an effect as many seem to think.
    I'm sure that's part of it but you have crypto whales buying and selling 10s of millions of dollars of bitcoin, ethereum, etc at one time. You have major corporations, banks, investment firms, etc buying bitcoin as well. It doesn't have as big of an effect yet because only 10% of Americans own some form of bitcoin. That's going to change going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm sure that's part of it but you have crypto whales buying and selling 10s of millions of dollars of bitcoin, ethereum, etc at one time. You have major corporations, banks, investment firms, etc buying bitcoin as well. It doesn't have as big of an effect yet because only 10% of Americans own some form of bitcoin. That's going to change going forward.
    I assume you mean a form of crypto currency. Maybe. Not till it gets more regulation and becomes a mainstream currency .

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Says the ****** that hasn't looked for an honest conversation in 60,000 posts.
    I just love how you dolts rush in to deflect from each other's steady stream of nonsense with these type of half baked insults. Are we to assume that you also believe that this is the first time our country has dealt with inflation in 30 years?

Inflation has not been a problem this century, until now. And yes, I am looking for an honest conversation.
    Way to double down on an absolutely idiotic stance.

Abandons? I say my peace and call it good.
    I am not a Republican. I am an independent.
    Yeah, you are an independent just like Scoots is a Democrat.

And by the way Spock, when the trolls start in trolling, I leave the discussion. It won't go any further. If you wish to have an honest discussion with me, by all means I will engage you in same.
    Despite how often you repeat different variations of this, it is an absolute lie.

I'm not "jumping to defend" anyone. Spliff is a big boy he can get all your panties in a wad at once.

I'm just stating the truth in regard to why almost no one even attempts serious debate anymore. Catman literally will make **** up, then you'll ask for a source and he disappears. Or he just ignores your rebuttal.

Dbroncsimo will create conspiracy theories or just go "you're a moron" in response.

There's no reason to debate people like that. It goes no where.
    Telling the truth about these clowns = defending spliff. However, when they jump in with nothing but mindless insults, conspiracy theories, deflections, and strange fantasy scenarios about other posters, it is just good conversation.

And there's more than this. It just amazes me Catman. Every time Trump is mentioned you say "I didn't vote for Trump" and move on. You rarely every went into depth with your criticisms. But Biden you are nonstop with the criticisms.

Another reason you are useless to discuss topics with. You can't even be honest with your affiliations even though everyone in this forum knows you are a Republican.
    Bingo. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, you are an independent just like Scoots is a Democrat.
    Everybody is independent until they talk about issues.