Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 220 of 322 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4827
    I don't see any harm in Iran getting the nuke, it is like they are going to bomb us. This really comes down us supporting Isreal and the Saudi against their enemy Iran. How many wars have Iran started in the middle east? They aren't the major aggressors in the Middle East compared to Isreal, Saudi, and especially us. With that said, I can understand the "why" of Iran's desire for nuclear weapons. They are literally surrounded by enemies in their own neighborhood.

I whether the focus be on Isreal's aggression and their treatment of the palestinians and Saudi's campaign against Yemen. They have spilled more blood, directly, than Iran.

If you want to talk about maintaining our empire, influence in the middle east, and making boogyman to rally the public for war then that is another subject.
    Last edited by WES445; 03-05-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You can believe it all you want yet I'd prefer to deal with less feelings and more factual based evidence. Voter ID is not discriminatory in any way, however not having voter ID does indeed hurt American voters.

As for the "smackdown" LOL
    She couldn't answer the question. She does indicate that the President can only handle so much (which is less than the last administration at a minimum). She tried to indicate that these two historic issues 1) Were not already there and 2) for the unemployment caused almost exclusively by the President's party.
    More than half of US states don't require strict forms of voter ID and manage to have just as little fraud as those that do. You notice how the Lt Gov of Texas never did have to pay up that $1,000,000 bounty he offered for anyone providing evidence of voter fraud. There has never been any evidence that voter fraud exists on the scale that warrants a solution that will keep 11-13% of the population from achieving the franchise of voting. That's the amount of the total population that does not have a photo ID. And of course, the numbers are higher in African American and Hispanic communities than white and Asian ones.

Thankfully the most recent state to abandon the restriction was North Carolina. I believe a court had to force them though.
    ____

There's no answer. They are fear mongering with stuff that's not a threat. In the 2018 midterms, Trump fear mongered with a caravan coming to take over the US and force their way through the border. But that never happened and in fact it never even got close to the US in any meaningful measure. Those who did get to the border followed the established procedure for trying to get into the country...surprise, surprise. Any time someone asks a question with "people/they are saying...", the follow up should ALWAYS be "who is saying that" and if the person asking the initial question can't give a real answer, the question should be dismissed out of hand.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I guess all is not rosy in the Democratic Caucus:
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...sot-nr-vpx.cnn

Glad to see that Ron Johnson is leaning to not running for re-election. Probably the biggest POS in congress not named Mitch McConnell or Lindsey Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I guess all is not rosy in the Democratic Caucus:
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...sot-nr-vpx.cnn
    I mean this was kind of obvious. Biden was never going to win over progressive Democrats. That's why I never understood this idea that he was a puppet for progressive agenda. He's shown so far he's a moderate which is something he made obvious during his campaign and in interviews previous to be elected.

Meanwhile, right wing media cried how he was just going to push this country even more left.

Bombing Iran, sacrificing parts of his COVID relief deal to get it passed, easing his stance on minimum wage, etc say otherwise.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-05-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Why will the USA have to act?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Well let me rephrase. It would be in the worlds best interest for us to act. And it would be ignoring a problem we created.

I understand people being wary of getting involved in overseas activities. But IMO denuclesrization of the world in regards to weapons is a primary concern. I'm not for BS wars with countries for lies and rich pockets. But we are the most capable country to stop a threat like this. And again. It's a problem we've created over the last 50 years.

This is what happens when Biden is allowed to speak off the cuff:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...nderthals.html
    REPORTER: The governor of Mississippi has responded to the President’s comments yesterday, and he seems to have taken offense at some of the President’s language. He says, “Mississippians don’t need handlers.” “I just think we should trust Americans, [and] not insult them.” He’s making an argument that this is really about personal liberty here. Does the President have any second thoughts about the language that he used yesterday? And how does comparing someone to a “Neanderthal” help convince them to change course and get on board with your public health message?

MS. PSAKI: The behavior of a Neanderthal, just to be very clear. The behavior of.

Look, I think the President — what we — what everybody saw yesterday was a reflection of his frustration and exasperation, which I think many American people have, that for almost a year now, people across the country have sacrificed and, many times, they haven’t had the information they need from the federal government. They haven’t had access to a greater understanding of what the public health guidelines should look like. And those include many, many people in Mississippi, in Texas, in Ohio, Florida, and every state across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I don't see any harm in Iran getting the nuke, it is like they are going to bomb us. This really comes down us supporting Isreal and the Saudi against their enemy Iran. How many wars have Iran started in the middle east? They aren't the major aggressors in the Middle East compared to Isreal, Saudi, and especially us. With that said, I can understand the "why" of Iran's desire for nuclear weapons. They are literally surrounded by enemies in their own neighborhood.

I whether the focus be on Isreal's aggression and their treatment of the palestinians and Saudi's campaign against Yemen. They have spilled more blood, directly, than Iran.

If you want to talk about maintaining our empire, influence in the middle east, and making boogyman to rally the public for war then that is another subject.
    1. Iran wanted nukes to get America to the bargaining table. I don't blame them. But it's probably the biggest threat to human existence. And we should not ignore countries that build these weapons.

2. Iran is no angel. That being said they deserve every chance to grow. But I'm not for isolationist policies in regards to nukes. We've made huge strides in getting rid of the world's nukes. And it's naive to think it's OK to ignore this.

3. Bidens admin wants diplomacy and to gtfo. You're speech about wanting to "control the Middle east" is nothing more than BS. Again just a little bit of reading would go a long way. Israel don't like biden. Netanyahu hated Obama. This isn't a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Well let me rephrase. It would be in the worlds best interest for us to act. And it would be ignoring a problem we created.

I understand people being wary of getting involved in overseas activities. But IMO denuclesrization of the world in regards to weapons is a primary concern. I'm not for BS wars with countries for lies and rich pockets. But we are the most capable country to stop a threat like this. And again. It's a problem we've created over the last 50 years.
    Why would it be in the worlds best interest? What threat do they pose regarding nuclear weapons?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Sinema was a joke today.

I get it that some of these guys are centrist and do t wanna help the poor but man wtf!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Glad to see that Ron Johnson is leaning to not running for re-election. Probably the biggest POS in congress not named Mitch McConnell or Lindsey Graham.
    Yeah, I think over these last few month he took the mantle of biggest pieces of **** and that’s hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    This is what happens when Biden is allowed to speak off the cuff:
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...nderthals.html
    REPORTER: The governor of Mississippi has responded to the President’s comments yesterday, and he seems to have taken offense at some of the President’s language. He says, “Mississippians don’t need handlers.” “I just think we should trust Americans, [and] not insult them.” He’s making an argument that this is really about personal liberty here. Does the President have any second thoughts about the language that he used yesterday? And how does comparing someone to a “Neanderthal” help convince them to change course and get on board with your public health message?

MS. PSAKI: The behavior of a Neanderthal, just to be very clear. The behavior of.

Look, I think the President — what we — what everybody saw yesterday was a reflection of his frustration and exasperation, which I think many American people have, that for almost a year now, people across the country have sacrificed and, many times, they haven’t had the information they need from the federal government. They haven’t had access to a greater understanding of what the public health guidelines should look like. And those include many, many people in Mississippi, in Texas, in Ohio, Florida, and every state across the country.
    I mean is he wrong that these states are jumping the gun? You have multiple top national scientists and doctors saying they weren't consulted on the lifting of mask mandates and re-opening to 100% capacity. Don't you think that input is important?

Okay so its not Neanderthal but its certainly myopic and uninformed thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, I think over these last few month he took the mantle of biggest pieces of **** and that’s hard to do.
    If Democrats aren't making a hard push for that seat, then I don't know what we're all doing here. If you want to declaw Manchin, then put up a good candidate who can win!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Sinema was a joke today.

I get it that some of these guys are centrist and do t wanna help the poor but man wtf!
    Like why the theatrics to turn down that vote? What a loser. Just absolutely lighting votes on fire. Going against a cause she's long been for.

I feel like the left has earned a few years of good favor after recent events Stop punching left you bozos!!!! The problem is at the right fringe of the party!!!
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Like why the theatrics to turn down that vote? What a loser. Just absolutely lighting votes on fire. Going against a cause she's long been for.

I feel like the left has earned a few years of good favor after recent events Stop punching left you bozos!!!! The problem is at the right fringe of the party!!!
    I'm convinced that she thought she was doing a cute little thing like what John McCain did in voting down the Obamacare repeal.