Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 187 of 320 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 4787
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    This is false

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Collecting Unemployment After Quitting
    If you quit your job, you won't be eligible for unemployment benefits unless you had good cause for quitting. In general, the good cause requirement will be satisfied if you quit because your employer asked you to do something illegal or because your employer failed to protect you from sexual harassment (after you put your employer on notice). Wisconsin law also sets forth a number of other acceptable reasons, including the relocation of a military spouse, domestic violence, or certain caretaking responsibilities.
    https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...for%20quitting.

Call that **** out like it's our job...
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Ahh, man. That was such a neat story too.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    it'll be another $100 added on yet...and extended from March to September...when the stim bill is passed
    Yep, I just think its sloppy. Half the people get a "bonus" and the other half are so far from being made whole.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Ahh, man. That was such a neat story too.
    Well the part about the dude getting hired and quitting thinking it would work could be true. But we know based on Wisconsin law that he would not be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well the part about the dude getting hired and quitting thinking it would work could be true. But we know based on Wisconsin law that he would not be successful.
    Same thing in California.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...for%20quitting.

Call that **** out like it's our job...
    They were already collecting unemployment for months. But in WI you have to apply for so many jobs and attempt to get hired. Iím pretty sure itís different than what youíre saying

They were already collecting unemployment for months. But in WI you have to apply for so many jobs and attempt to get hired. Iím pretty sure itís different than what youíre saying

You have show you are looking for work here in NJ too. Getting hired then immediately quitting is the opposite of looking. Iím pretty sure you were wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

There isn't a state in the union that doesn't require weekly job contacts to qualify for benefits.
    The only exceptions to that are people whose company listed them as furloughed, expected to return within 10 weeks. Actually, not sure with seasonal workers anymore. In most states, 2 contacts per week is the requirement. One thing about this time period is that your contacts are even less likely to be checked.

However, if you accept a job and that employer turns in paperwork for you, you will get caught if you file for benefits. It may take a couple weeks, but you'll be required to pay it all back. Now, if you never filled OUT any paperwork, the govt has no way of knowing you accepted a job.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

You said they were hired and quit, they got a check for an hour. They arent eligible for unemployment. They refused work. When people use the scam you are talking about, they apply for jobs that they know they wont get, or that pays far less or is unreasonably far away, or just make themselves look terrible on the application. The trick is to apply for work without getting hired. If you are going to make up a story about lazy welfare people, at least understand the basics of the scam.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    There isn't a state in the union that doesn't require weekly job contacts to qualify for benefits.
    The only exceptions to that are people whose company listed them as furloughed, expected to return within 10 weeks. Actually, not sure with seasonal workers anymore. In most states, 2 contacts per week is the requirement. One thing about this time period is that your contacts are even less likely to be checked.

However, if you accept a job and that employer turns in paperwork for you, you will get caught if you file for benefits. It may take a couple weeks, but you'll be required to pay it all back. Now, if you never filled OUT any paperwork, the govt has no way of knowing you accepted a job.
    I have two positions that I lay off for January, February, March. I bring the guys in for 25 hours every fifth week so that they dont have to look for work. The cut-off here was six weeks years ago when I started doing it. I haven't looked or been advised otherwise since.

Hmm, I guess the question here is are you more credible than employment lawyers who get paid to do this and to know the relevant case law in Wisconsin. It is a close call and I do admit that I considered objecting to some of the results, but at the end of the day I deemed them slightly more credible.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Same thing in California.
    And in Texas, and PA, and NJ ... from my experience.

Hmm, I guess the question here is are you more credible than employment lawyers who get paid to do this and to know the relevant case law in Wisconsin. It is a close call and I do admit that I considered objecting to some of the results, but at the end of the day I deemed them slightly more credible.
    Some people may be able to get away with it, but only if the company HR people are not paying ANY attention AT ALL and allow themselves to be blamed for that persons re-unemployment. And the contesting of those charges is VERY easy from the company perspective. That said, there are some frustrating cases I've had where an employee wanted all kinds of special treatment in the jobs they would do and the hours they would work in their 2nd month working for us, then quit can claimed he had to quit because we were abusive by not allowing him all the special things he wanted, we contested it and our lawyer said pretty quickly it would be cheaper to pay the unemployment bump than to fight it. Still bugs me. But that was one case in 40 years and he HAD filed "official" requests with us of each of his requests which were denied and unemployment used them when they decided to grant him.

Long story short, it's hard to scam your way into unemployment checks so it's uncommon. I think it is not uncommon for people to not rush back to work until they are about to expire.

Why donít you understand that raising the minimum wage doesnít hurt big corporations that much. Itís the small businesses who get crushed

They wonít with proper legislation.

Also itís so nice to see real policy conversations with conservatives again. Not having to debate a tweet and whether it was racist or not.

Cheers

Seeing Republicans realize that Twitter exists during Neeraís confirmation hearing is ****ing hilarious.