Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 138 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3147
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    where would the conversation go about the National Guard in Washington, forced to be in the garage, which both sides had an issue with.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/polit...tol/index.html
    Seems a pretty crappy way to treat the people there to protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bold 1………pretty funny coming from you. You get very little straight,

Clarification (As if this is going to work here)……

Bold 2……I never said that

Bold 3……see Bold 2

You're the amazing scientist and statistician that cannot friggin read.

Try again………

Sluggo quote you are responding to: Trying to stop the Keystone pipeline and getting back into the Paris accords are dumb moves. One will prevent us from getting income, the other will greatly increase our expense for no return.

These are simply moves top shut up the nutty greenies.

Translation 1……the Keystone pipeline (which is partially built) will provide the US with jobs and tons of income, will allow us to remain energy self-sufficient and help a great deal in avoiding being dependent at all on Middle East oil imports (let me repeat that last point since it is critical (help a great deal in avoiding being dependent at all on Middle East oil imports)and allow American industry to thrive. (Minor point: I believe that pipelines are the cleanest way to transport oil). The pipeline will also help the economy of one of our best allies (Canada).

Translation 2……Getting back in the PAris accords will cost the US billions and accomplish nothing. The real rub to the Paris accords is that the biggest polluters (China, Indian and Russia) get to pay far less that we do and we have one of the cleaner countries on the planet. And getting cleaner all the time. In short, it is patently unfair to the US (and yes, I know we have a big carbon footprint)

And, yes, These are simply moves top shut up the nutty greenies. There is no question about that.,
    Do you know how many jobs are actually expected to come from the pipeline? How many full-time employees it'll take to manage once completed?

Tons of income? Where are you getting that idea from?

Doesn't really move the needle much for me when we already don't rely on the middle east for imports
    https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

Why does this allow American industry to thrive?

Whether you like it or not, the world must head in a green direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Do you know how many jobs are actually expected to come from the pipeline? How many full-time employees it'll take to manage once completed?

Tons of income? Where are you getting that idea from?

Doesn't really move the needle much for me when we already don't rely on the middle east for imports
    https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

Why does this allow American industry to thrive?

Whether you like it or not, the world must head in a green direction.
    Plenty of jobs will come from this……how could they not. The more jobs that come the more sub areas that will feed on it.

We will remain energy self sufficient and, if extra oil exists (probable) that can be sold for income.

That could change at any time……why not set ourselves up to be as strong as possible in this area. Why not strive to be an exporter (income) as opposed to be an importer (expense)???

But forget all this……what is your real objection to building this pipeline???? Is it being "green?" Is that it??? And, again, pipelines are the cleanest way to transport oil.

Plenty of jobs will come from this……how could they not. The more jobs that come the more sub areas that will feed on it.

We will remain energy self sufficient and, if extra oil exists (probable) that can be sold for income.

That could change at any time……why not set ourselves up to be as strong as possible in this area. Why not strive to be an exporter (income) as opposed to be an importer (expense)???

But forget all this……what is your real objection to building this pipeline???? Is it being "green?" Is that it??? And, again, pipelines are the cleanest way to transport oil.
    A republican having blind faith that this will create jobs? Sounds similar to when we handed out a massive tax break to GM for them to only leave Ohio shortly after..tRiCkLE dOWn EcONomiCs

Oil Company: "When combined with additional 2021 contracts to be announced later, the total number of American union workers constructing Keystone XL in 2021 will exceed 8,000 and $900 million in gross wages," the release said. "In total, Keystone XL is expected to employ more than 11,000 Americans in 2021, creating more than $1.6 billion in gross wages."

That’s close to what the State Department found in its 2014 report.

In the report, the agency wrote that 10,400 estimated positions would be for seasonal construction work lasting four to eight-month periods. Since the State Department defines "job" as "one position that is filled for 1 year," that would equate to approximately 3,900 jobs over a two-year period.

In short: Most of the estimated jobs were temporary.

The State Department forecasted that no more than 50 jobs, some of which could be located in Canada, would be required to maintain the pipeline. Thirty-five of them would be permanent, while 15 would be temporary contractors.
    How much are we gaining from a Canadian company using our lands to transport oil? Wouldn't it make more sense to seek renewable energy to remain self sufficient moving forward? That would save far more money over the long run, no? How much more do you expect us to depend on oil in the next 10-15 years?

Our consumption of oil in 2019 is comparable to what we used in 1998

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/o...t&country=~USA

How about the U.S forcing thousands of people to move through eminent domain? Lose land? Driving the pipeline directly through Native American lands? How about when it inevitably leaks and we damage drinking water for millions of Americans? While every single car company in the world is pledging to shift a large portion of cars to electric by 2030 so naturally let's build a massive pipeline across the U.S (I realize we will still need it all past that).
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 01-22-2021 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I love how Joe Biden’s Covid plan is ALLOWED to take time(experts are now saying)but when Trump was President it was do something NOW!

This is why I don’t support Democrats. That little example says it all for me.
    Neat. You seem like a very fair and honest judge of these things.

6. 01-22-2021, 01:48 PM
    Reason
    Nope

I never said this.

Seems like Mr. Spock has taken on the brain capacity of the tribbles.

This guy just can't read.
    He comes off as infinitely more intelligent than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    To clarify ... Fauci is an expert, and I believe he's being listened to by Biden too ... and he said not to shut down and not to wear masks.

I think this whole "listen to experts" and "follow science" is way too simplistic. Of course we should listen to experts and follow science, but not blindly as not all experts and scientists agree about incredibly complex issues and they never will.

A republican having blind faith that this will create jobs? Sounds similar to when we handed out a massive tax break to GM for them to only leave Ohio shortly after..tRiCkLE dOWn EcONomiCs

How much are we gaining from a Canadian company using our lands to transport oil? Wouldn't it make more sense to seek renewable energy to remain self sufficient moving forward? That would save far more money over the long run, no? How much more do you expect us to depend on oil in the next 10-15 years?

How about the U.S forcing thousands of people to move through eminent domain? Lose land? Driving the pipeline directly through Native American lands? How about when it inevitably leaks and we damage drinking water for millions of Americans? While every single car company in the world is pledging to shift a large portion of cars to electric by 2030 so naturally let's build a massive pipeline across the U.S (I realize we will still need it all past that).
    Yeah, you're probably right. A pipeline moving thru multiple states that needs maintenance and has refineries on the end. No way that could possibly create jobs.

Bolded……why not do both and sell any excess oil (that means $$$) to all the countries that haven't installed chargibg stations every 50 miles or so on their highways.

Eminent domain……happens all the time. Happens for the good of society. While it may be inconvenient for some they are properly compensated. As far as the indians go……just make believe they are white people. Then you can do whatever you want. Re: oil spills……just a thought here…clean them up as we have done before..

Bold 2……let me know when that happens. Don';t hold your breath. Wait until all these electric cars need battery replacements (that hasn't happened yet). We'll see what the reaction is to that. Gas operagted engines are still the most economical way to generate energy and will continue to be so in the future,

Bold 3……only thing you have said that makes any sense.

Yeah, you're probably right. A pipeline moving thru multiple states that needs maintenance and has refineries on the end. No way that could possibly create jobs.

Bolded……why not do both and sell any excess oil (that means $$$) to all the countries that haven't installed chargibg stations every 50 miles or so on their highways.

Eminent domain……happens all the time. Happens for the good of society. While it may be inconvenient for some they are properly compensated. As far as the indians go……just make believe they are white people. Then you can do whatever you want. Re: oil spills……just a thought here…clean them up as we have done before..

Bold 2……let me know when that happens. Don';t hold your breath. Wait until all these electric cars need battery replacements (that hasn't happened yet). We'll see what the reaction is to that. Gas operagted engines are still the most economical way to generate energy and will continue to be so in the future,

Bold 3……only thing you have said that makes any sense.
    Think you could provide the numbers on that? Refineries that apparently state they can handle the additional influx with no problem...meaning no additional labor really needed in that department.

Oof, you really believe that it happens for the good of society and they fairly compensated all the time? Amazing of you to push that aside so we can allow our government to control the lives of Americans...but at the same time wearing a mask was a bit too much for ya'll.

As far as the indians go……just make believe they are white people. Then you can do whatever you want. Re: oil spills……just a thought here…clean them up as we have done before..
    Brilliant analysis here, bravo.

Electric cars continue to become A) More affordable and B) Higher access to charging stations across the U.S

In 2011, there were a little over 3,000 EV charging stations across the United States; as of early 2019, that number had increased by more than 60,000. This explosion speaks to the fact that EVs are not just a passing craze, but an important movement within the automotive industry.
    This electric car trend is here to stay and will only increase in the future...Just a thought here...let's build better batteries??

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what does Fox News, OAN, Newsmax have to do with what I said. lets be real here, the media more on the left bashed Trump every day as President.

Trump had a hot and cold relationship with Fox. some of the time he loved Fox and acted like they were his best friends, but then other times he criticized Fox when people with Fox were against him.
    You said the media bashed Trump. I am saying the left wing media had a field day with Trump because he pretended like Fox News was the only objective news source while the rest were "fake news". He played nice with Fox and they followed suit, meanwhile they were no more objective than their CNN and MSNBC counterparts.

Trump had a cold relationship at the end of his presidency because Fox News didn't show him the support he expected. He thought they were supposed to be a beacon for his agenda all the time and a platform for his "stop the steal" campaign. Fox News was smart enough to know he was a sinking ship so they got off (with a couple of notable exceptions). OAN and Newsmax took Fox News place but they had to because they need something to grow their viewership.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-22-2021 at 02:52 PM.

This is why dinguses shouldn’t be elected to Congress.

https://www.rawstory.com/amp/marjori....co/txHAm2RGDX

13. 01-22-2021, 04:19 PM
    Reason
    C'mon sluggo

14. 01-22-2021, 04:23 PM
    Reason
    Response to deleted

I'm against eminent domain in general. I think they need to up the price they will pay until the offer is accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

Indeed. Of course our system does nothing to eliminate the dinguses.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You said the media bashed Trump. I am saying the left wing media had a field day with Trump because he pretended like Fox News was the only objective news source while the rest were "fake news". He played nice with Fox and they followed suit, meanwhile they were no more objective than their CNN and MSNBC counterparts.

Trump had a cold relationship at the end of his presidency because Fox News didn't show him the support he expected. He thought they were supposed to be a beacon for his agenda all the time and a platform for his "stop the steal" campaign. Fox News was smart enough to know he was a sinking ship so they got off (with a couple of notable exceptions). OAN and Newsmax took Fox News place but they had to because they need something to grow their viewership.
    bold, that is not why left wing media bashed him. Fox News is irrelevant when it comes to why the media treated Trump the way they did. they did that on their own with how they covered him and what they said. though Trump being President I brought up many examples of media being hard on Trump including stories/information that were wrong or personal and nothing to do with being President.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

However, Atlanta-based New Yorker staff writer Charles Bethea reports that Greene still hasn't filed the articles against Biden because she seems to have underestimated the difficulty in enacting such a procedure.
    she did though.

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status...69421010104327
    I filed Articles of Impeachment on Joe Biden yesterday for abuse of power.

Biden has a history of corruption and abusing his elected position of power in order to help his son Hunter with deals with foreign country’s energy companies like in Ukraine and China

https://saraacarter.com/rep-greene-i...ent-joe-biden/

Rep. Greene: ‘I just filed Articles of Impeachment on President Joe Biden’
    “We cannot have a President of the United States that is willing to abuse the power of the office of the presidency and be easily bought off by foreign governments, foreign Chinese energy companies, Ukrainian energy companies. So on January 21st, I will be filing articles of impeachment on Joe Biden,” said Rep. Greene.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome