Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 302 of 343 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 5136
  1. #4516
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You can call it whatever you like (liberals always do) however they are not the same. One had control of the Senate and the Presidency. The other there was not control of both. Two completely different scenarios.

    So with the Dems threatening court packing, this will be the destruction of America as it will have no end. You know it, everyone knows it, even if folks want to lie about it to others and themselves.
    So in other words McConnell justification of it being unprecedented and how it would be absurd fir a president in his last year to do so was BS?

    So basically when dems take advantage of their power it's BS but when the GOP does it, it's OK?

    ZZZZZ

  2. #4517
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,686
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    So in other words McConnell justification of it being unprecedented and how it would be absurd fir a president in his last year to do so was BS?

    So basically when dems take advantage of their power it's BS but when the GOP does it, it's OK?

    ZZZZZ
    This is exactly correct.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  3. #4518
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    So now Joe is packing the courts. Lovely. This administration is bucking to be known to as the one that destroyed America.
    I wish he was but Iím genuinely curious where he said heís packing the court?

    All Iíve seen is a commission on court reform which clearly needs to happen because itís way too incentivized to get your judge in at all costs because of how long they sit there.

    If Republicans wonít enter into real reforms that undo some of the BS they pulled and fix the incentive to do it going forward, I absolutely would pack it. Why not? What do Dems have to lose, the republicans already rigged it so they have an absurd advantage when they should not. Court packing is not illegal and follows the same vein of doing what you can when you have the power.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  4. #4519
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Neither.

    Let me rephrase, would it be illegal if Biden added more justices?
    I never said it would be as it would. What I said is it destroys this country and becomes what he'll be known for since there is no end to it.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  5. #4520
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    So in other words McConnell justification of it being unprecedented and how it would be absurd fir a president in his last year to do so was BS?

    So basically when dems take advantage of their power it's BS but when the GOP does it, it's OK?

    ZZZZZ
    Again you are not making a same case analogy. Have someone explain it to you, I'm not smart enough to do so.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  6. #4521
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I wish he was but Iím genuinely curious where he said heís packing the court?

    All Iíve seen is a commission on court reform which clearly needs to happen because itís way too incentivized to get your judge in at all costs because of how long they sit there.

    If Republicans wonít enter into real reforms that undo some of the (Stuff) they pulled and fix the incentive to do it going forward, I absolutely would pack it. Why not? What do Dems have to lose, the republicans already rigged it so they have an absurd advantage when they should not. Court packing is not illegal and follows the same vein of doing what you can when you have the power.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both sides do it. Be better.

    They only want reform because they are upside down for the first time in a long time 5-4.

    It destroys the nation as it never ends.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  7. #4522
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,282
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I never said it would be as it would. What I said is it destroys this country and becomes what he'll be known for since there is no end to it.
    Maybe of McConnell would have let a duly nominated judge get a vote, it wouldn't have come to this. Your gripe should.be with him

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  8. #4523
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Maybe of McConnell would have let a duly nominated judge get a vote, it wouldn't have come to this. Your gripe should.be with him
    It's pretty much always circular.

  9. #4524
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,248
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You can call it whatever you like (liberals always do) however they are not the same. One had control of the Senate and the Presidency. The other there was not control of both. Two completely different scenarios.

    So with the Dems threatening court packing, this will be the destruction of America as it will have no end. You know it, everyone knows it, even if folks want to lie about it to others and themselves.

  10. #4525
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Again you are not making a same case analogy. Have someone explain it to you, I'm not smart enough to do so.
    You can't defend it because you don't have a consistent view on the matter.

    It's not about being smart. It's about being honest. Which you aren't capable of either.

  11. #4526
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    12,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's pretty much always circular.
    Yeah I get that. I'm just really want to know why brett is pulling the chicken little card

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  12. #4527
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Yeah I get that. I'm just really want to know why brett is pulling the chicken little card

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Because it's easy is my guess.

  13. #4528
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I never said it would be as it would. What I said is it destroys this country and becomes what he'll be known for since there is no end to it.
    This is really the crux of it all.

    In other words "liberals are destroying the country, so Biden adding liberals to things further destroys the country"

    Don't know why you can't just say that and have to instead pussyfoot around your actual opinion.

  14. #4529
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,435
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I never said it would be as it would. What I said is it destroys this country and becomes what he'll be known for since there is no end to it.
    I agree, McConnell's historical legacy has taken a big hit with his actions. He'll forever be remembered for his hypocrisy.

  15. #4530
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,686
    The only thing that I disagree with Obama on with how he handled the Supreme Court nominee is that he should have withdrawn Merrick Garland's name and put up a new nominee every single week. And each week that McConnell didn't give a nominee the hearing they deserve, go to a specific senator who is on the edges state and speak about the person that I had nominated. And with each name, continue to focus on the accolades of them all "five Harvard law school graduates, three from Yale, clerked for seven different justices for a collective 13 years, etc. etc. etc.". McConnell is only as strong as his caucus.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •