Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 472 of 594 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 8898
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Itís amazing how nothing has changed at the border. Biden has passed no immigration reform and yet suddenly thereís a crisis at the border. Every report that comes out describing the crisis is showing that immigration has apprehended people trying to break into the country.
    The republicans talking heads and local elected republicans are playing it up since a Democrat is in office. Some billionaire is paying the cost of one governor to send her national guards to another state to patrol the border. You ask is it a battalion, a company of troopers being sent?

Fifty men. To help cover the border. A stupid grandstanding doing nothing stage play that is setting a dangerous precedent.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    r

if any company was predominately black, do you think it would be okay for people to complain that they should only hire more white people? no chance, that would be labeled racist.
    Name a predominately black company? You do know we are 13% of the population? As big as Oprah is, I bet she employs more non-blacks than blacks. We don't dominate the business world as whites do so we don't set the policies. If things were reversal, hell yeah, whites would call her a racist for hiring less qualified blacks over more qualified white applicants. Hell, son, you would be the white Martin Luther King in that world well maybe security or something.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-05-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Itís amazing how nothing has changed at the border. Biden has passed no immigration reform and yet suddenly thereís a crisis at the border. Every report that comes out describing the crisis is showing that immigration has apprehended people trying to break into the country.
    Is that why only 1/3rd of the country approves of Biden's handling of border issues?
    He passed no reform, but he reversed some...so there's the 'sudden'
    I have zero interest in debating what he has or has not done beyond that, but 'nothing has changed' would seem...incorrect.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    So what is this?
    dbroncosinmo accused wes of editing a post after he called him out on something he supposedly said but too dumb to look at the time stamp of the edit.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    dbroncosinmo accused wes of editing a post after he called him out on something he supposedly said but too dumb to look at the time stamp of the edit.
    I know, I was showing DbroncosIMO as he continued to call Wes a liar.

He claimed conspiracy then logged off.

He'll be back in a couple days.

right, and now it's happening the opposite where "black" is the qualification they are looking for, except black isn't and shouldn't be a qualification.

if any company was predominately black, do you think it would be okay for people to complain that they should only hire more white people? no chance, that would be labeled racist.
    Can you show me ANY statistics that back up your claim that white people are now having a problem getting hired because they're white?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Is that why only 1/3rd of the country approves of Biden's handling of border issues?
    I have zero interest in debating what he has or has not done beyond that, but 'nothing has changed' would seem...incorrect.
    Nothing ever is to our satisfaction, both parties had an administration that held children in cages, but their only concern for them is to weaponize them to attack their opponents. My beef with the leadership of the moderate is these kids were a concern when Trump was in office but now that they hold the reins, they don't want to address it. They won't be able to use that stick on the republicans again. The Republican leadership, the ones who want prayer in schools, are just fine with illegal children being in cages. So there is no talking to them.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I know, I was showing DbroncosIMO as he continued to call Wes a liar.

He claimed conspiracy then logged off.

He'll be back in a couple days.
    Oh yeah I see now. LOL.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

you already want to deny the one that I made obvious. textbook dentition and you don't want to see it.

white people have had more privileges because they are white for a longer period, but to deny anyone black has any privlige now is just silly. businesses are specifically hiring more black now for no other reason that diversity and wanting to have more.

https://fortune.com/2020/06/17/googl...ers-diversity/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/10/targ...20percent.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...eople-n1250776

race should not make a difference at all. the better more qualified people should be hired, whether they are black, white, whatever. that is equality.
    This is not black privilege. Its increasing diversity after years of white people dominating executive positions at major companies. Your definition of black privilege is an increased workforce at Target btw? Lol.

Black people and other minorities have been passed over for years with equal or superior qualifications to their white counterparts and in most cases doing so with less than equal educational opportunifies.

Well when you factor in that 33% of the country would say the sky is green if Biden said it was blue, it really paints a far better picture of those opinion polls.

But the fact is that Biden has changed virtually nothing and the situation at the border just hasnít changed in any real or defined way.

Well when you factor in that 33% of the country would say the sky is green if Biden said it was blue, it really paints a far better picture of those opinion polls.

But the fact is that Biden has changed virtually nothing and the situation at the border just hasnít changed in any real or defined way.
    Thats unfair. He has set up a path for parents to be reunified with their children. Giving them the ability to apply for a 36 month temporary status so they arent immediately deported as well.

Hes virtually eliminated the 0 tolerance policy the Trump administration had.

His admin hasnt been perfect but its definitely been more humane.

THere's a lot of wiggle room in how our border laws work. And the President has a lot of leeway on how he wants to enforce them. Remember Trump didn't need to pass laws to create the situation we have now.

The border is a disaster. Ive given my 2 cents on it before. The ways to fix it are just not politically viable.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 07-05-2021 at 05:07 PM.

even if true, that would still leave another 1/3rd to explain
    you keep saying he changed virtually nothing (he reversed Trump policies, which caused something)
    and that the border hasn't changed in any real fashion (we had months of some of the highest numbers coming over the border)

Before you go that route, I'm not calling the situation a crisis as some are. I'm simply saying it's not all flowers and puppy dog tails for Uncle Joe.

You can't speak your wishes into existence.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I think he is talking about the day-to-day conditions on the ground. There are still kids being held in cages. Health conditions haven't improved.

Will Rogers

We can talk about papers being signed, initiatives starting up but at the end of the day, kids in cages. Overcrowding, bad health conditions, reports of abuse are still continuing.

Will Rogers

even if true, that would still leave another 1/3rd to explain
    you keep saying he changed virtually nothing (he reversed Trump policies, which caused something)
    and that the border hasn't changed in any real fashion (we had months of some of the highest numbers coming over the border)

Before you go that route, I'm not calling the situation a crisis as some are. I'm simply saying it's not all flowers and puppy dog tails for Uncle Joe.

You can't speak your wishes into existence.
    There is always a spike in immigration at the border during March - May, and there really isn't anything unpredictable about the 2021 spike. Especially when you consider the incredibly low numbers in 2020 due to the pandemic.

The whole thing is just BS.