Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 508 of 578 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 8661
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087;34021904[B
    ]Imagine what real problems we could solve with this money…[/B]

We are ending wars…reduce that damn budget!
    Imagine what real problems we could solve with this money.

https://www.heritage.org/poverty-and...-great-society

Thanks for the opening. You had to know that this was coming. (And that is Trillion wih a "T")

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yes it is. If the Supreme Court so blatantly abuses the existing rules just to kill off what is a medical procedure between the woman and her doctor, then I believe in blowing up the rules. There are some things that I think are worth destroying the existing system and replacing them. I imagine you have things that you believe the system needs to be entirely retooled if it happens.

For the record, I have blamed Democrats as much as Republicans for the current retooling of the filibuster with regard to nominees and court picks. They did it in 2013 and Republicans did it after them for the Supreme Court.
    2 things ... last I checked 8 of the 9 justices have publicly said they have no interest in overturning RvW, as far as I know there is no case on the docket challenging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    2 things ... last I checked 8 of the 9 justices have publicly said they have no interest in overturning RvW, as far as I know there is no case on the docket challenging it.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...bortion-500618

Mississippi has a case I believe and they just changed their appeal/argument to moreso overturn it seems.

I don’t think it will happen myself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I never said that there are not issues in healthcare especially in the pharmaceutical arena. Way to spin that straw again.

I refuted the Epi pen example. That was all.
    You said it wasn't capitalism when it clearly is.

You didn't refute anything. All you did was point to the fact that your insurance covers those costs. That has nothing to do with the significant jump in price and why its happening.

Talk about straw.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-23-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Their words don’t really mean much to me. I see six justices that are likely to overturn it. Roberts might feign a no vote and make it 5-4 to try to protect his legacy. But realistically with six conservatives on the court, Roe’s days are numbered.

Their words don’t really mean much to me. I see six justices that are likely to overturn it. Roberts might feign a no vote and make it 5-4 to try to protect his legacy. But realistically with six conservatives on the court, Roe’s days are numbered.
    dude, most of those 6 have had opportunities before and haven't....have said recently they likely wouldn't...........but you're gonna stomp your feet that they could for no other reason than they're conservatives

You do know not all conservatives would prefer it overturned, yes?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You said it wasn't capitalism when it clearly is.

You didn't refute anything. All you did was point to the fact that your insurance covers those costs. That has nothing to do with the significant jump in price and why its happening.

Talk about straw.
    so you didn't read my comments regarding supply and demand then?

I don't think that meets the definition of "realistically" ... it's wild speculation based on emotion and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...bortion-500618

Mississippi has a case I believe and they just changed their appeal/argument to moreso overturn it seems.

I don’t think it will happen myself though.
    Didn't know about that one. I wonder what basis they will argue it on? Still, like you, I don't think it will be overturned.

Mississippi's law is nowhere near as bad as Texas' latest laws on abortion.

Didn't know about that one. I wonder what basis they will argue it on? Still, like you, I don't think it will be overturned.

Mississippi's law is nowhere near as bad as Texas' latest laws on abortion.
    I didn't either, I googled it after I saw it brought up to see if it was referencing anything.

Is that the one that is set to be triggered if Roe/Wade is overturned?

What would cause bigger riots………

George Floyd getting murdered

or

Roe vs Wade being overturned.

Tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What would cause bigger riots………

George Floyd getting murdered

or

Roe vs Wade being overturned.

Tough call.
    George Floyd getting murdered probably caused bigger riots. Mostly because everyone was directly impacted by it. Roe v Wade will mostly impact women. And if women get upset or react in a way that a man does she gets brutally attacked.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

George Floyd getting murdered probably caused bigger riots. Mostly because everyone was directly impacted by it. Roe v Wade will mostly impact women. And if women get upset or react in a way that a man does she gets brutally attacked.
    They weren't attacked over Kavanaugh. They were praised.

Is Joe Biden the best president as judged by Trump supporters? The stock market, which I’m told is the major economic driver is the stock market and it hit a record high. I know the stock market isn’t a big deal for the real economy but Republicans told us it was the biggest deal when Trump was president. So I assume they will say the same now when Biden is president.

Is Joe Biden the best president as judged by Trump supporters? The stock market, which I’m told is the major economic driver is the stock market and it hit a record high. I know the stock market isn’t a big deal for the real economy but Republicans told us it was the biggest deal when Trump was president. So I assume they will say the same now when Biden is president.
    who, beyond Trump himself, was using the stock market as their economic guide?