Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 507 of 585 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517557 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 8770
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I am jumping into the middle of a conversation but are EpiPens actually affordable in the states? I know they are up here in Canada but I thought a couple of them would set you back around $500-$700 down there

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last three sets were free, before that they were $50 each for several years under our insurance plan
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Last three sets were free, before that they were $50 each for several years under our insurance plan
    Epi pens were just an example. A blatant one though. Epi pens don't get from 100 bucks in 2009 to 700 dollars in 2016 without capitalism, without healthcare and pharmaceutical companies manipulating those prices. Its good your insurance covers them. That's not the case with all insurances and it doesn't change the radical jump in price or the reasons behind it.

Keep pretending like none of that exists though.

I mean why are we really arguing this. This is something you can look up with ease. We have more out of pocket costs, and worse life expectancies than Switzerland, Denmark, Japan, UK, Sweden, Canada, Uk, Germany, and many more. Oh and we still don't provide insurance for 30 million Americans.

We can bring up specific examples all day, but the data is EXTREMELY one sided in comparison to the rest of the modern world.

We even get screwed because since other countries have their costs ran by their government they have way more bartering power in areas like the drug market. So Americans end up paying more money from a drug that their tax dollars paid for the research.

Its amazing to me even in the area of medical, we can't have any agreement from the right on this. But they're so trained to hate everyone Dem, they simultaneously hate ObamaCare, but don't want to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Interesting point; but let's take a close look.

I have spoken favorably numerous times about: Condoleezza Rice, Nikki Hailey, Kimberly Klacik. Candace Owens, Alveda King, Val Demmings.Also Keisha Bottoms to a lesser extent (she is starting to drift in the wrong direction). All women of color (as you like to call them).

I have also criticized Marjory Greens and Lauren Boebert two whitey women.

Stupid is stupid regardless (or irregardless for those in NJ) regardless of race.

So these two facts would seem to shoot down your opinion, weak as always, about being racist against "women of color."

The problem here is you. And the racist here is you. You're one of those people that sees racism everywhere. I have no doubt that you, in your mind, personally experience racism 10-12 times a day, if not more. You see it everywhere. You look for it (and find it) every time you leave your home. It's always there and will never go away. It's on the street, on the subway, at your job, in the coffee shops, on every radio station, all over TV. It's everywhere……and it's all directed against you.

I wish you luck.
    Nah but you’re a racist point blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Supreme Court in any way overturns Roe v Wade, my opposition to the removal of the filibuster is entirely gone and I support immediate passage of no 1st and 2nd trimester abortion restrictions and an increase in the number of justices to support such.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If the Supreme Court in any way overturns Roe v Wade, my opposition to the removal of the filibuster is entirely gone and I support immediate passage of no 1st and 2nd trimester abortion restrictions and an increase in the number of justices to support such.
    Which is just another way of saying 'if I don't get my way, change the rules'...the very thing you claim the other side already does.

I'm so sick of all of this being reduced to a back and forth battle of 'Mine, mine' like little children do...this is supposed to be about what The People want...not just a constant tug of war for who gets their way in this time frame.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Which is just another way of saying 'if I don't get my way, change the rules'...the very thing you claim the other side already does.

I'm so sick of all of this being reduced to a back and forth battle of 'Mine, mine' like little children do...this is supposed to be about what The People want...not just a constant tug of war for who gets their way in this time frame.
    Ba da boom; ba da bing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nah but you’re a racist point blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow! What a comeback.

After your point regarding Women of Color is completely shot down, ypu come back with "Nah but you’re a racist point blank."

What a masterful debater.

If Roe v Wade is overturned then abortion would no longer be protected ... then you support making it MORE illegal in the first 2 trimesters?

Of course you want this. You are pro murder. The differences between all leaders during genocide and you are becoming increasingly few.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Epi pens were just an example. A blatant one though. Epi pens don't get from 100 bucks in 2009 to 700 dollars in 2016 without capitalism, without healthcare and pharmaceutical companies manipulating those prices. Its good your insurance covers them. That's not the case with all insurances and it doesn't change the radical jump in price or the reasons behind it.

I never said that there are not issues in healthcare especially in the pharmaceutical arena. Way to spin that straw again.

I refuted the Epi pen example. That was all.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Yes it is. If the Supreme Court so blatantly abuses the existing rules just to kill off what is a medical procedure between the woman and her doctor, then I believe in blowing up the rules. There are some things that I think are worth destroying the existing system and replacing them. I imagine you have things that you believe the system needs to be entirely retooled if it happens.

For the record, I have blamed Democrats as much as Republicans for the current retooling of the filibuster with regard to nominees and court picks. They did it in 2013 and Republicans did it after them for the Supreme Court.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

well, actually it isn't automatically manipulation (not that I want to defend big pharma, like at all)....but it certainly can be supply and demand price fluctuations

Look at lumber prices these days....pre-Covid prices were often tripled during Covid but now starting to fade back down at least some. Were prices manipulated? Or was it just that demand increased more than supply...for months very little new raw material was created, then even after that it took awhile for workers to return to turn raw material into lumber for sale, then even after that it took awhile for that lumber to reach stores. But demand for that lumber increased before the supply could return.

Yes it is. If the Supreme Court so blatantly abuses the existing rules just to kill off what is a medical procedure between the woman and her doctor, then I believe in blowing up the rules. There are some things that I think are worth destroying the existing system and replacing them. I imagine you have things that you believe the system needs to be entirely retooled if it happens.

For the record, I have blamed Democrats as much as Republicans for the current retooling of the filibuster with regard to nominees and court picks. They did it in 2013 and Republicans did it after them for the Supreme Court.
    Well firstly, you're basing this on the EXTREME unlikelihood that Roe v Wade is overturned and are so mad at the possibility you're already formulating plans for what should happen if it does.........and it's that kind of overreaction yielding counter-overreaction that I'm talking about.

Imagine what real problems we could solve with this money…

We are ending wars…reduce that damn budget!