Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 581 of 689 FirstFirst ... 81481531571579580581582583591631681 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 10321
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I live 22 miles away and biking there would take me 3 hours via approved routes. No it is not appropriate.

And no I’m not a hypocrite, I literally gave up my SUV and purchased a hybrid. I talk to the talk and walk the walk (in many cases literally).
    Biking is not appropriate for you to get to work. That's fine. The hybrid SUV you have is an appropriate choice for you. It would not likely be appropriate for me, however, as it does not have the features I need. My new Sportage gets me about 30-35 MPG.

I'll keep my gas guzzling Sierra.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Biking is not appropriate for you to get to work. That's fine. The hybrid SUV you have is an appropriate choice for you. It would not likely be appropriate for me, however, as it does not have the features I need. My new Sportage gets me about 30-35 MPG.
    I don’t have a hybrid SUV, it’s a car.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'll keep my gas guzzling Sierra.
    That’ll show those Liberals!

That’ll show those Liberals!
    Not about that at all. But everything is about teams to you.

I don’t have a hybrid SUV, it’s a car.
    My mistake. It's a sedan. Apologies.

Yes it is. Why else would you make it a point to let us know you wanted to keep your gas guzzling vehicle?

Wow, irony is dead.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

So this luxury tax would be so high that it would equate them being taxed as much of their income as a % as the middle class? What if they just don’t buy those luxury items then? The reason billionaires spend $100 million on a yacht is because it’s still relatively inexpensive to them. If a yacht cost them as much as a car cost the average person, they wouldn’t buy one.
    Also, you know that there would be a loophole where business expenses would be exempt from this luxury tax so Bezos and co would just “conduct business” on it to right it off. They’re bot just going to accept it if they can weasel out of it.

The lengths “not wealthy” people will go to to protect billionaires while going against their own self interest is just mind numbingly stupid. You make over $400,000 a year that overage gets a higher tax rate. This isn’t hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Also, you know that there would be a loophole where business expenses would be exempt from this luxury tax so Bezos and co would just “conduct business” on it to right it off. They’re bot just going to accept it if they can weasel out of it.

The lengths “not wealthy” people will go to to protect billionaires while going against their own self interest is just mind numbingly stupid. You make over $400,000 a year that overage gets a higher tax rate. This isn’t hard.
    People in this country don't see themselves as beaten up by the system. They see themselves as the next person to beat the system. Spoiler alert: they won't be.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    People in this country don't see themselves as beaten up by the system. They see themselves as the next person to beat the system. Spoiler alert: they won't be.
    And it’s not even like anyone is saying that his profits should be capped. Even if some dork in Alabama somehow does something to become a billionaire, how much would he really need to be happy? These guys at the top almost always keep at it because of ego. Bezos could cash out with more money than he knows what to do with and do whatever he wants to fit the rest of his life but he’d be largely forgotten.

Why aren't we vaxing illegal aliens as they cross our southern border? Because they aren't staying long. Jen is an awful spokesperson for the President.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Why aren't we vaxing illegal aliens as they cross our southern border? Because they aren't staying long. Jen is an awful spokesperson for the President.
    So you think we should let illegal immigrants stay? That's a strong flex for you.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Guys this is as good as it gets. For whatever each side doesn’t like about Biden, this was our last shot at a moderate president willing to work with both sides.

And the conservative response has been….printing “**** Biden” flags and demanding impeachment (for what I have no idea). The whole “you didn’t like our guy so we’ll go after yours” is completely blind of how historically atrocious Trump was. It’s pure tribalism.

So now what? Clearly a middle ground is unachievable but constantly fighting gets us nowhere except reinforcing each other’s partisan beliefs.

It’s a perfectly broken system. I am constantly waffling between aggressively attacking Trumpers (not conservatives, not REAL conservatives, but just the far right loons) versus “hey let’s talk like humans used to talk before 9/11/01”.

What do we do here? This was really it. Joe ****ing Biden. As vanilla and boring as responsible leadership can get, but he’s treated like Stalin.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So you think we should let illegal immigrants stay? That's a strong flex for you.
    That's not what he said. But you know that.