Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 337 of 423 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 6341
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No you can't because I deleted what he posted.
    it was not deleted when I quoted it, which is why I was able to say "Brewersfan255 has something deleted, but this is fine?"

my post was deleted, but not you quoting me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The fact that poor people spend nearly all their income while rich people spend roughly half and yet you think it is equal or "fair" demonstrates that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. It means that poor people end up paying a far higher percentage of what they earn in taxes and results in a massive cut to rich people's taxes. I'm just glad that the people who push these stupid proposals can't make any traction.
    How you keep missing this is totally unknown.

You make a $1 and another guy makes $10. Each pay 10%. You pay a dime, and the other guy a $1. You both pay the same percentage. You both get to spend the same percentage. It's 100% equal. What you want is that because after taxes you have 90 cents that the other guy should be taxed so that he's left with 90 cents too. That's unequal and an awful system.

Flat tax is here. In time I certainly see it becoming more prevalent than it has already.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/sta...79978018246656

"Anybody making less than $400,000 a year will not pay a single penny in taxes."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Here's your flat rates for States, which of course does not include other flat rate items like sales taxes.

https://www.fiscaltiger.com/states-w...%20items...%20

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it was not deleted when I quoted it, which is why I was able to say "Brewersfan255 has something deleted, but this is fine?"

my post was deleted, but not you quoting me.
    It is now. Just like the other post which I didnt see until you quoted it. We aren't omniscient. If you have a problem with a post report it.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post

You make a $1 and another guy makes $10. Each pay 10%. You pay a dime, and the other guy a $1. You both pay the same percentage. You both get to spend the same percentage. It's 100% equal. What you want is that because after taxes you have 90 cents that the other guy should be taxed so that he's left with 90 cents too. That's unequal and an awful system.

Flat tax is here. In time I certainly see it becoming more prevalent than it has already.
    I'm down with a flat tax so long as you charge people who make money off money the same rate as I get charged for money I worked for. Oh... and they should pay payroll taxes on that **** too.

Sales tax isn't a flat tax. If you have to spend a higher % of your money on taxable things then you get taxed a higher percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post

Yes but your policy has a disproportionate impact on people at the bottom because the amount of money as a percentage of what they earn that they need to survive is considerably higher. So while the rate is the same, it takes more money from the person on the bottom that they would spend the next dollar on something they need not something they want. It's why the progressive income tax makes way more sense. It ensures that the people who pay the majority of the taxes are going to be the people who need their next marginal dollar less.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Joe says one thing snd then does the other

He said that they would only 15,000 refugees to resettle in the US...Today they changed it to 62,500....

How can you take his word anymore? He just caters to whoever pressures him. He has zero backbone.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Joe says one thing snd then does the other

He said that they would only 15,000 refugees to resettle in the US...Today they changed it to 62,500....

How can you take his word anymore? He just caters to whoever pressures him. He has zero backbone.
    That’s sleepy Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bidens-pr...182021376.html

We should definitely keep lowering taxes on the wealthy. That trickle down economics is certainly helping to build a burgeoning middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/bidens-pr...182021376.html

We should definitely keep lowering taxes on the wealthy. That trickle down economics is certainly helping to build a burgeoning middle class.
    Lower taxes on the poor and middle class and raise them on the rich! Let’s do this!

Can someone explain what the Louisiana representatives want to reach when they say the “goods” of slavery?

They act like there were good slave owners. But there are and we’re none. A helpful flowchart can help everyone understand.

Did you own slaves —> you were a bad slave owner

Well, they didn't have a problem with race back then. If one considers Jim Crow as the fruit of slavery, even Candace Owens said that blacks were better off than then now. Then people wonder why there are names for people like Ms Candy. They want to sanitize slavery and Indian wars as things that were needed to make the country great. The ends justified the means in a convoluted way. And that was the greatness of European-born culture. We conqueror this land, and build greatness from nothing. We shaped it through American Exceptionalism. These guys are echoing themselves lately.

I see all this as a part of the republicans' gamebook to turn back progress for the last century. Whether it is the more factual history that the sixties brought, taking tribal land to give to the mining elites, banking policies born under Theodore, even environmental protection has done under Nixon, or constantly attacking SSI, medicare, and aid that came out of FDR's New Deal Democrats.

They do it all under the cover of preserving white culture. The funny thing is when they piss on the Constitution, they are defiling one of the best things from white culture. That and sports, our second most scared religion.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I'm down with a flat tax so long as you charge people who make money off money the same rate as I get charged for money I worked for. Oh... and they should pay payroll taxes on that **** too.

Sales tax isn't a flat tax. If you have to spend a higher % of your money on taxable things then you get taxed a higher percentage.
    It is a flat rate. You buy two guys buy a McDonald's burger. One rich, one poor. Both pay the same flat tax.

Interest on money should be taxed? Yes, it's income. Same rate.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yes but your policy has a disproportionate impact on people at the bottom because the amount of money as a percentage of what they earn that they need to survive is considerably higher. So while the rate is the same, it takes more money from the person on the bottom that they would spend the next dollar on something they need not something they want. It's why the progressive income tax makes way more sense. It ensures that the people who pay the majority of the taxes are going to be the people who need their next marginal dollar less.
    No, it's the same. You want to exempt things from taxes like we do for tampons, I am ok with that. But doing progressive rates hurts folks and it unfair. The majority of taxes are paid by the wealthy. It's not even close.