Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 332 of 428 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 6412
  1. #4966
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    98,744
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No, it actually treats everybody equally. If it's income tax then it gets taxed flatly. Same with sales tax. You buy something it gets taxed, you don't buy something it does not get taxed. It's truly an equal system.
    Iím not surprised that Republicans donít understand the difference between relative and absolute. They never grasp it. We explain it over and over and they act like they just landed on this planet and someone is speaking another language.

  2. #4967
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,285
    Such victims of an unfair and oppressive system.

  3. #4968
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    74,731
    FNK, you oppose just about every single serious proposal to address inequality and poverty in this country. So, for you to use the "if American children are suffering...how could you ever support any amount of immigration" like it's some sort of solid argument is laughable to me. Let alone the obvious bad faith, as always. I really don't feel it's worth continuing talking about it

    All you have to do is look at the data and the studies on how immigration levels impact the labor market. Even places like the Cato Institute (!!) disagree with you guys. I don't think you also understand how insanely "closed" our borders are compared to basically any other time in my country's history. Considering how you shoot down every attempt to eat at the income inequality gap I don't really think you care about the actual issue. And if you do, the solutions you want to solve these very real problems are so out of whack. Just completely gobbled up by the culture war propoganda machines.

    You're a "THEY TURK ERR JOBS!" clown. In 2021
    HELLO

  4. #4969
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,359
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    FNK, you oppose just about every single serious proposal to address inequality and poverty in this country. So, for you to use the "if American children are suffering...how could you ever support any amount of immigration" like it's some sort of solid argument is laughable to me. Let alone the obvious bad faith, as always. I really don't feel it's worth continuing talking about it

    All you have to do is look at the data and the studies on how immigration levels impact the labor market. Even places like the Cato Institute (!!) disagree with you guys. I don't think you also understand how insanely "closed" our borders are compared to basically any other time in my country's history. Considering how you shoot down every attempt to eat at the income inequality gap I don't really think you care about the actual issue. And if you do, the solutions you want to solve these very real problems are so out of whack. Just completely gobbled up by the culture war propoganda machines.

    You're a "THEY TURK ERR JOBS!" clown. In 2021

    you don't know **** on what I support or oppose.


    I don't need manipulated studies, where did common sense go in America.
    you only have X available for people, bring in new people and of course that is going to have an impact.


    record.

    https://www.npr.org/2021/04/09/98566...outhern-border
    U.S. Sees Record Number Of Migrants Taken Into Custody At Southern Border


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  5. #4970
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    58,185

    Joe Biden's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you don't know **** on what I support or oppose.


    I don't need manipulated studies, where did common sense go in America.
    you only have X available for people, bring in new people and of course that is going to have an impact.


    record.

    https://www.npr.org/2021/04/09/98566...outhern-border
    Do you think this reason some people are hungry in America is bc there isn't enough food to feed them?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-30-2021 at 09:36 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #4971
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,879
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you don't know **** on what I support or oppose.


    I don't need manipulated studies, where did common sense go in America.
    you only have X available for people, bring in new people and of course that is going to have an impact.


    record.

    https://www.npr.org/2021/04/09/98566...outhern-border
    You post here quite frequently I would say. Everyone here knows exactly what you support and oppose.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #4972
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,062
    I sure do!

  8. #4973
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    74,731
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you don't know **** on what I support or oppose.


    I don't need manipulated studies, where did common sense go in America.
    you only have X available for people, bring in new people and of course that is going to have an impact.


    record.

    https://www.npr.org/2021/04/09/98566...outhern-border
    Good argument. The data is manipulated!

    Not sure why you shared that article. First, it shows that under Biden we're arresting more migrants than ever. That should turn you on. Secondly, I'm not arguing about whether immigration levels are high or low. I thought we were arguing about it's impact on the US labor force. And I'm telling you that immigration has proven to have little to no correlation on employment or wages.

    You can be anti-immigration but save us the song and dance about how it's because you care about poverty. Another plea from me for you to just be honest. We all see through it! Again, I have never seen you support any welfare reform/policy. Ever. I've never seen you argue for raising the taxes on the rich. I've never seen you criticize American Capitalism and the inequality it has borne. I've never seen you support a government jobs program. Anything. The only time you pretend to care is when it can provide cover for you being [insert whatever phrase here that describes you feelings towards migrants that might trigger you/your kin] .

    Hell, articulate to me why you as a Canadian give a single solitary care about immigration in America. I can't even call it xenophobia or nationalism because you don't live here. It's just weird!
    HELLO

  9. #4974
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,062
    Weird, creepy, and obsessive.

  10. #4975
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,583
    What a weird self-flagellation fetish for constantly dismantling your own uninformed and manipulated political takes about a country youíll never be politically involved in at even the most basic level. I donít kink shame but itís so marvelously specific.

  11. #4976
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    5,509
    Biden announced that electric cars would be built in the US. The next day, GM announced a $1B plant to build those cars would be built in Mexico:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/gm-t...roduction.html

  12. #4977
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    58,185

    Joe Biden's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Biden announced that electric cars would be built in the US. The next day, GM announced a $1B plant to build those cars would be built in Mexico:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/gm-t...roduction.html
    He said the cars purchased by the US government would be built in the US. IDK if that can or will happen but he didn't say what you are claiming


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-01-2021 at 12:05 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #4978
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    98,744
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He said the cars purchased by the US government would be built in the US. IDK if that can or will happen but he didn't say what you are claiming


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess the expectation is that Joe Biden is a representative of GM and gets to tell them where to build their fleet of cars. Will the government be paying less for cars made in Mexico? If so, that's a good thing. Why would we want the government to pay more to buy something? Shouldn't we want our government being thrifty?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  14. #4979
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,337
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He said the cars purchased by the US government would be built in the US. IDK if that can or will happen but he didn't say what you are claiming


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your counter to him is that the electric cars purchased by the US government will be built in a foreign country while our government is touting electric cars built in the US. Lulz.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  15. #4980
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    58,185
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Your counter to him is that the electric cars purchased by the US government will be built in a foreign country while our government is touting electric cars built in the US. Lulz.
    I didn't say the cars purchased by the US government would be built in a foreign county. Has the US Government contracted for electric cars that are going to be built at this Mexican plant?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •