Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 840 of 1009 FirstFirst ... 340740790830838839840841842850890940 ... LastLast
Results 12,586 to 12,600 of 15126
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Do you have a preferred order that you would lose the big three? Would you rather hold onto Social Security a bit longer while Medicare and Medicaid are repealed? Or would you rather Medicaid gone first and old onto Social Security for a few more weeks?
    Yup, here comes the fear factor. I don't see any attempts to do that. I remember that Biden thought we should consider "adjusting" those programs a couple of decades ago, so that threat could easily come from the Democrats depending which way the wind is blowing.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Almost all states have ended their lockdowns last year.
    Yes, the one day recovery. Your world is so...special.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Right and democrat like Hillary blame the voters for their failures. Talking about excuses, how that human infrastructure bill coming along? Can't blame the progressives for that, the opposition to Biden's Build Back Better plan is coming from the moderates.

But yeah, keep blaming others for Democrat's failures.
    I actually don't think Bernies toxic followers online represent him very well. Hence why even he got tired of you guys and how absolutely vile yall got during the last primary. He might point out to corruption but he doesn't use it as a crutch like his followers do. And I could care less what Hilary says.

And who am I blaming exactly? And for what?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And democrats blame the third party candidates.
    Lol. It's 2021 bud. You're 2 decades late on that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Of course, they have so much more impact on the country than corporations, media and political establishment. Duh! 3rd party candidates hold all the power man.
    Lol. Disingenuous as always.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Lol. Disingenuous as always.
    Lol funny coming from you. At least you didnít go on a rant and start insulting this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. It's 2021 bud. You're 2 decades late on that comment.
    Steve Benen, Kurt Eichenwald, and Peter Daou might disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Well I don't see someone telling us what they want to accomplish or what they think should be done as a promise. That's what candidates can do. If they choose to make what they want to do into a promise of something that will get done then it becomes a promise that needs to be kept. If it is just something they talk about wanting to get done or that they will work towards if elected it's not the same as promising that thing will for sure happen. That's what they can do instead of throwing out promises or guarantees, especially if what they want will be tough to do in reality.

We know why promises and guarantees are used though, it sounds better and riles people up. This is why we see so many of them while campaigning even if we often know a portion (even if not most or anything) likely won't get done in the end.

You are getting at the exact issue with promises here and the system. If you know this is the case why make a promise if it is a possibility you can't deliver? To gain support. If people would talk about what they want to try to do instead of what they promise or guarantee will happen then what you say here is correct. I do think part of it is how easily many are manipulated both in why promises are given and why they are later used against. If no promise is made that context matters greatly, once you make a promise or guarantee you have locked in something will happen. If it doesn't excuses won't matter as much, even if there is some validity into why. They made a promise/guarantee and are expected to follow through even with obstacles (many times those obstacles can be obvious from the start and you note how opposition is to be expected).
    So how about you directly address how this effected your support in any way? As progressives shamelessly run on M4A knowing very well it has 0 chance.

When a Dem runs on something and it doesn't pass. They're filthy lying politicians. Or they just don't "fight hard".

When it's your candidate though? Well they're fighting an uphill battle! It's everyone else's fault it didn't pass!

But hey. Progressives man.... they'd never use money to corrupt an institution. They're different. The ACLU tripling their funds while turning into political propaganda? That's all good!

It just blows my mind how you guys want to bash people for not passing everything they push for while the candidates you guys bow to have done nothing but virtue signal fir 5 years.

no one told them to make promises they can't keep just to get a win. No one told the democrat party to sit there and let Joe Manchin take a meat cleaver to Biden's Big Better plan without any real resistance.

BTW, Bernie and members of the squad have been roasted for believing in Biden in the left media. So they have lost creditability among their base as well. You choose to ignore this fact to fuel your butt hurt rant.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I actually don't think Bernies toxic followers online represent him very well. Hence why even he got tired of you guys and how absolutely vile yall got during the last primary. He might point out to corruption but he doesn't use it as a crutch like his followers do. And I could care less what Hilary says.

And who am I blaming exactly? And for what?
    Joe Manchin and Krystal Sinema don't represent the democrat and Biden very well. Killed his presidency along with the pandemic, inflation, the Afghanistan exit. Did you know that the republicans are requesting their donors to support Manchin? For a job well done. I know how important he is to the moderates majority but if he is killing you on the field, why do y'all still protect and support him? Make no sense, it kills any advantage in having a majority if he runs counter to the game plan.

Will Rogers

Hillary is a democrat power broker even out of office. Kamala is her girl and she pushed for her over Stacey Ahrams. So you best care what Hillary thinks because she still affect the party.

Will Rogers

So how about you directly address how this effected your support in any way? As progressives shamelessly run on M4A knowing very well it has 0 chance.

When a Dem runs on something and it doesn't pass. They're filthy lying politicians. Or they just don't "fight hard".

When it's your candidate though? Well they're fighting an uphill battle! It's everyone else's fault it didn't pass!
    What do you mean? I haven't brought up any candidates doing this at all or made comparisons at all. I am not surprised to see this and your rant against progressives though. Like I said, that last comment was funny coming from you. A disingenuous tribal response about progressives followed by a rant about them in general is absolutely what is expected.

What progressive has been president that I should hold accountable for not keeping promises? Are we counting Obama as progressive? That's fine, I have criticized him in the past as well when it made sense.

You are just making up strawman arguments now. You have this generalized idea of progressives and just assume everyone not on team moderate dem thinks that way. I responded to Wes just a couple months back saying his attacks on Biden were unwarranted when it made sense. I also called out you when it came to Manchin in the other direction and you were tribally defending him. I literally in this thread even said that most politicians are flawed but to various levels, I am not denying in any way progressives do this too. All politicians do it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Joe Manchin and Krystal Sinema don't represent the democrat and Biden very well. Killed his presidency along with the pandemic, inflation, the Afghanistan exit. Did you know that the republicans are requesting their donors to support Manchin? For a job well done. I know how important he is to the moderates majority but if he is killing you on the field, why do y'all still protect and support him? Make no sense, it kills any advantage in having a majority if he runs counter to the game plan.
    I'm sorry but you what...they killed his presidency? You mean the one that is barely started and we are seeing record job numbers past anything that we've seen before except for the previous Democratic party president?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085