Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 361 of 407 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 6102
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If somebody loses $350 or $4,200 out of their pockets walking down the sidewalk, they can afford to give more to charity than me.

$4,200 a year is sacrificial when you have a kid in college and another whose a toddler, along with a breast cancer survivor mother in law living with you.

How much do you sacrifice for your charity?
    You are making over 150K. Correct me if I am wrong, but there is a lot of wants in your spending.

As for your question, I sacrifice time and money. I work multiple jobs to take care of our needs, our charities and the rest, when there is some, to help take care of some of our wants.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

FTR, I think your volunteer work with family, helping your child in college (I have one next year), as well as your ailing mother in law is admirable.
    Last edited by brett05; 05-11-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You are making over 150K. Correct me if I am wrong, but there is a lot of wants in your spending.

As for your question, I sacrifice time and money. I work multiple jobs to take care of our needs, our charities and the rest when there is some to help take care of some of our wants.
    There are, like I want my kid to get a quality education and graduate college.

I donít usually pull this card but it seems appropriate here. I am in the Military, I went to Iraq. Iíve been away from my wife for half our marriage on military duty. Donít talk to me about sacrifice, you donít know what it is.

There are, like I want my kid to get a quality education and graduate college.

I donít usually pull this card but it seems appropriate here. I am in the Military, I went to Iraq. Iíve been away from my wife for half our marriage on military duty. Donít talk to me about sacrifice, you donít know what it is.
    While I appreciate all of our military and first responders, when that card gets pulled I feel needed to remind the military person to not forget to thank the garbage man that takes care of the trash, the architect that built the serviceman's home, etc, etc, etc.

You did choose to go Military and not get forced, correct?

While I appreciate all of our military and first responders, when that card gets pulled I feel needed to remind the military person to not forget to thank the garbage man that takes care of the trash, the architect that built the serviceman's home, etc, etc, etc.

Also, some people do voluntarily go to the military due to a lack of career options + insane benefits. Not saying that is what most do and I still commend them for their service but it's worth noting as well.

Itís a job.

Funny enough I actually tip my garbage man a $20 whenever we have family gatherings and thereís an excess amount of trash.

And yes, I chose to go into the Military because I knew people like you wouldnít.

But hey, youíve already criticized charity and now Military service, anything else you feel the need to criticize? Cancerous children perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Also, some people do voluntarily go to the military due to a lack of career options + insane benefits. Not saying that is what most do and I still commend them for their service but it's worth noting as well.
    Iím currently in Law School. Does it seem like I went there because I had a lack of career options?

Funny to see the same people talking about how we should praise our cops for their tough job ****ing on Military service.

Iím currently in Law School. Does it seem like I went there because I had a lack of career options?
    Law school is being paid by you or the military? I don't know your career path but you're the one acting like I am singling you out. It's well-known that the military offers a ton of benefits so someone who can't afford to go to college or wants a change in life, the military is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Law school is being paid by you or the military? I don't know your career path but you're the one acting like I am singling you out. It's well-known that the military offers a ton of benefits so someone who can't afford to go to college or wants a change in life, the military is an option.
    The Military is helping to pay for Law School but it costs so much it doesnít cover it all.

Misguided but accurate.

You asked "How much do you donate" and I answered "More than 3%" How is that less than you?

As for your latest question, I donate about two-four hours a week.
    Way to turn charity in to a dick measuring contest!

1) You are truthful and buck tremendous odds
    2) You are lying
    3) You know about 2 people
    4) You know nothing about most people

If a person has cable/dish, they are focusing on wants vs needs. If they have any streaming, again a want, agree?
    Sweet lord, you are a nutty one. That would describe everybody on God's green earth, including the native living in a hut with a mobile phone. I guess only those in the monastery don't. Tell your wife that wanting flowers on your anniversary isn't a need. Of course, you would think it was a "need" to maintain your health when you wake up in a hospital.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Way to turn charity in to a dick measuring contest!
    that was spinning in my head reading Brett's post.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Funny enough I actually tip my garbage man a $20 whenever we have family gatherings and thereís an excess amount of trash.

And yes, I chose to go into the Military because I knew people like you wouldnít.

But hey, youíve already criticized charity and now Military service, anything else you feel the need to criticize? Cancerous children perhaps?
    Please, on the behalf of cancerous children everywhere, don't encourage him.

Will Rogers