Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 614 of 827 FirstFirst ... 114514564604612613614615616624664714 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 12402
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    By the way, Obama has scolded Biden's "Open Borders" policy, that he campaigned on:
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/obama...-unsustainable
    From the article:
    In speaking with “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts, Obama said that the horrifying images of as many as 15,000 illegal aliens being trapped under a bridge in Del Rio, Texas, at one time — and up to 30,000 in the area in total since September 9 — were “a painful reminder that we don’t have this right yet and we’ve got more work to do.”
    Obama said that while Biden was “big-hearted,” that it was time to “get serious about dealing with this problem in a systemic way, as opposed to these one-offs where we’re constantly reacting to emergencies.”

“Immigration is tough. It always has been because, on the one hand, I think we are naturally a people that wants to help others. And we see tragedy and hardship and families that are desperately trying to get here so that their kids are safe, and they’re in some cases fleeing violence or catastrophe,” Obama added. “At the same time, we’re a nation state. We have borders. The idea that we can just have open borders is something that … as a practical matter, is unsustainable.”

Obama’s comments come as illegal aliens have flooded the border in record numbers under Biden, according to the Department of Homeland Security. The last two months alone have seen more than 200,000 apprehensions of illegal aliens each month by federal law enforcement officials.

And, according to Jen Psaki, very few of these immigrants are tested, quarantined and vaccinated for Covid.
    None of this says that Biden campaigned on open borders.

Also, this article tries hard to change the tone of what Obama said. Not terribly shocking, given that it's The Daily Wire, but still.

They wrote: "Obama said that while Biden was “big-hearted,” that it was time to “get serious about dealing with this problem in a systemic way, as opposed to these one-offs where we’re constantly reacting to emergencies.”"

An ABC News article on the same interview wrote: ""As big-hearted as he is, nobody understands that better than Joe Biden," Obama added. "And the question is now: Are we gonna get serious about dealing with this problem in a systemic way, as opposed to these one-offs where we're constantly reacting to emergencies? And I think that that's something that every American should wanna put an end to.""

As for the lone open borders reference, he clearly wasn't saying that Biden campaigned on it or that we have them now; his point, obviously, was that there should be a balance between helping people and having a secure border.

And so we continue to wait for you to source your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Both Roger Federer and Pete Sampras have won the US Open 5 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As did Connors.

Joe Biden's Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    As did Connors.
    I didn’t realize. Nice catch

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    None of this says that Biden campaigned on open borders.

Also, this article tries hard to change the tone of what Obama said. Not terribly shocking, given that it's The Daily Wire, but still.

They wrote: "Obama said that while Biden was “big-hearted,” that it was time to “get serious about dealing with this problem in a systemic way, as opposed to these one-offs where we’re constantly reacting to emergencies.”"

An ABC News article on the same interview wrote: ""As big-hearted as he is, nobody understands that better than Joe Biden," Obama added. "And the question is now: Are we gonna get serious about dealing with this problem in a systemic way, as opposed to these one-offs where we're constantly reacting to emergencies? And I think that that's something that every American should wanna put an end to.""

As for the lone open borders reference, he clearly wasn't saying that Biden campaigned on it or that we have them now; his point, obviously, was that there should be a balance between helping people and having a secure border.

And so we continue to wait for you to source your claim.
    As I said, if you didn't pay attention to the campaign last year, I can't help it. Run to Google. I gave you several pages from CNN discussing Biden's open borders campaign and you dismissed it. I suppose I shouldn't expect anything better from a troll, though.

As I said, if you didn't pay attention to the campaign last year, I can't help it. Run to Google. I gave you several pages from CNN discussing Biden's open borders campaign and you dismissed it. I suppose I shouldn't expect anything better from a troll, though.
    And I addressed all of those pages. None of them backed up your claim.

Still waiting.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Still waiting.
    You would think that if there was some clip of Joe Biden talking about how there shouldn't be a border that someone would have found it a lot sooner than now.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You would think that if there was some clip of Joe Biden talking about how there shouldn't be a border that someone would have found it a lot sooner than now.
    I think he legitimately doesn't know how to find the things he's looking for on Google. It happens, not everyone knows how to use a search engine effectively, but that doesn't give someone free reign to claim whatever they want without evidence, too.

But I will admit that watching him meltdown over and over like this over a simple request for a source was not expected. It's.. weird.

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Still waiting.
    Asked and answered. Claim completely backed up. Not my problem you don't understand what was said during the campaign. Not my responsibility to educate you on politics.
    No meltdown, just more of your trolling. And yes, I know how to use Google. I just don't depend on it for my existence.
    Last edited by catman; 10-03-2021 at 01:08 AM.

Asked and answered. Claim completely backed up. Not my problem you don't understand what was said during the campaign. Not my responsibility to educate you on politics.
    No meltdown, just more of your trolling. And yes, I know how to use Google. I just don't depend on it for my existence.
    It was not, again, as I showed. Half of your links didn't even contain a single quote from Biden. You clearly read headlines and thought you knew what was in the article, and you didn't. It happens a lot around here.

And so, we keep waiting.

You’re trusting CNN’s classifications of what people said and campaigned on now?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Can you have a great president without those qualities? Honor, honesty, humility, compassion. He was precisely what the country needed at the time to restore faith and confidence in the office. He was not a prototypical Beltway politician by any stretch.

Stark was judgmental and hypocritical, not the best analogy imo.
    I would say these qualities are mostly antithetical to what a good president is.

Honest Abe was a liar. He also constantly bragged about himself in private writings. And also was the greatest president in our history. Thomas Jefferson was a scumbag. FDR was massively manipulative. These people might show humility in public but there's nothing humble about running for president.

Politics is a dirty game. You have to lie. Bend the rules and misdirect people.

During the campaign last year, AOC was quoted as saying that in another country, she and Biden wouldn't be in the same party.
    She's not wrong. It's also not wrong to say that Adam kinzinger, Rand Paul and Lauren Bobert would all be in different parties....in another country

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Both Roger Federer and Pete Sampras have won the US Open 5 times

This is a far more interesting conversation than anything else in this thread.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Maria SakkariAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I would say these qualities are mostly antithetical to what a good president is.

Honest Abe was a liar. He also constantly bragged about himself in private writings. And also was the greatest president in our history. Thomas Jefferson was a scumbag. FDR was massively manipulative. These people might show humility in public but there's nothing humble about running for president.

Politics is a dirty game. You have to lie. Bend the rules and misdirect people.

And we trust them with our lives and livelihood. Lying us into the Iraq Invasion cost us lives. It is one thing to accept that people have flaws, we all do but blindly accept that I will be lied to by someone who is supposed to represent me and mines? That is too much.

FDR was a massively manipulative leader, but look at what he accomplished for the common man by being that way. I just have a massive problem with liars, especially in high places. Lying has become too much of a political tool to protect the politicians' career or enhance it financially.

Another thing, who trusts liars? That is the problem we are having now with people, not trusting politicians or even experts. You can't build trust with lies, you destroy it. Somewhere down the line the person lies too will feel played and that can get dangerous for a country. ie militia, unrest, protest, riots, talk of revolt.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Joe Biden's Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    This is a far more interesting conversation than anything else in this thread.
    Will Fed win another slam? I thought so but it is getting real tough now imo

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.