Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 314 of 347 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 5205
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    If Sandra Bullock made 70 million, the guy who signed her paid check probably made ten times that amount hiring her.

If you are so pissy about what actors and players make, I am with you on this, don't watch them or sports. We don't have the time and place to bit ch about how we live in a society where entrainment people get so much money. It is more of an indictment on American culture than anything else. We have a burning need to be entertained constantly with I pod, telephones, and whatever.
    So, who do we blame for this? Western culture or minority cultures?
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I will agree to the fact that some CEO's make too much $$$ and that executive compensation should be based on some formula related to profitability with strict accounting laws.

By the way……Sandra Bullock made $70 million for one film. You OK with that??

Probably about a half dozen baseball players will make over $30 million a season……is that OK???
    Movie stars making this much us not all that unusual……are we just fine there???
    What exactly do you believe this proves? Do you think it helps your argument or is even relevant?

The senate voted 92-6 to advance legislation to protect Asian Americans from hate crimes. You can almost predict the six without even thinking. Just imagine Trump’s biggest defenders and those who have spent the most time attacking Asians for the “China flu”.

And just how are they going to do that? Being black, I got a special interest in this one.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

And just how are they going to do that? Being black, I got a special interest in this one.
    That was my question. Seems likely to be just more theater.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    What specifically is the restriction? Show that please.
    1. They narrowed the time when you can request absentee ballots from 11 days to 7.

2. They changed when you can request an absentee ballot from 180 days to 11 weeks.

3. ID number requirement for absentee ballots.

4. Secure voting drop boxes reduced massively and are limited to 1 per 100,000 people in a county.

This one is so transparent too. Because everyone knows liberals tend to live in more populated metropolitan cities. And thats who this will effect most. Fulton County is the most populated County in Georgia and voted 70% Biden. They had 40 drop boxes last year. Now can legally only have 10.

These are just a few of them.

Now let me ask you 2 things.

1. Why was this needed? Georgia had 3 recounts last year and showed its process worked great.

2. What kind of imaginary fraud was any of this suppose to prevent?

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    1. They narrowed the time when you can request absentee ballots from 11 days to 7.

2. They changed when you can request an absentee ballot from 180 days to 11 weeks.

4. Secure voting drop boxes reduced massively and are limited to 1 per 100,000 people in a county.

This one is so transparent too. Because everyone knows liberals tend to live in more populated metropolitan cities. And thats who this will effect most. Fulton County is the most populated County in Georgia and voted 70% Biden. They had 40 drop boxes last year. Now can legally only have 10.

1. Why was this needed? Georgia had 3 recounts last year and showed its process worked great.

You're wasting your time with facts. Brett doesn't believe that voter suppression exists at all, this bill included.

I know its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That was my question. Seems likely to be just more theater.
    It is. The Asian folks are getting the "Black" treatment. A lotta theater, grandstanding for TV, passing of bills and nothing will change.

Martin Luther King.

I'm glad to see the obvious is being stated here:

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/st...05877719908361
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

It is. The Asian folks are getting the "Black" treatment. A lotta theater, grandstanding for TV, passing of bills and nothing will change.
    Like you said about the entertainment business, if we don’t like the way our elected officials act, we can change things with our actions — opt out or try to change things. That our politicians get away with paying lip service and grandstanding is an indictment of all of us — or at least of the system we uphold.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post

Are you comparing the changes from the 2000 election during COVID or the 2016 election when we had normal elections? Looks pretty sure that you are doing exactly the wrong thing. Try 2016 and get back to me.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You're wasting your time with facts. Brett doesn't believe that voter suppression exists at all, this bill included.

I know its ridiculous.
    Find the post my little one. You won't, but you are a world class liar so there is that.

The Asian folks are getting attacked the most by the "Blacks"

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Like you said about the entertainment business, if we don’t like the way our elected officials act, we can change things with our actions — opt out or try to change things. That our politicians get away with paying lip service and grandstanding is an indictment of all of us — or at least of the system we uphold.
    We don't agree on much, but this we certainly do

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I quit holding my breath on that one. I think a lot of people feel that politicians are corrupt, but as long as we have our entertainment, bus run on time and those SSI checks keep coming in, we won't feel compelled to kick them out or change the system.

Martin Luther King.