Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 407 of 519 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 7771
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you were the one that brought up Charlottesville in your list about Trump and racism, you were wrong and don't want to own it. I have provided what Trump said, which was not racist.
    Either read what I actually say or don’t respond but you need to stop trolling so much.

Anyways, coming to the defense of white supremacists is far from surprising from you. Every topic it seems real clear where your priorities are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.rawstory.com/woman-caugh...ved-black-man/

I was told there was to be protection of statues at all costs by the right.

Joe Biden's Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I have constantly pushed from day one on this forum that it is wrong to judge or treat others different based on race. But their Ideologies/Religion? That's fair game. So to me, being against or judgmental against someone who "chooses" what they believe is far less egregious than being against something they can't.
    Look we don't agree on Trump or Biden, it just is what it is. What was always my point was is that the media doesn't cover racist **** from Democrats but will actively make up racist **** from Republicans. I have no problem saying there is racism in both parties.. No argument.. But the media needs to cover it. All of it when it happens, no matter which side it will hurt. Like true journalism.
    I definitely think it is bad. I think you do as well sometimes, you seem to be going on about how due to ideology some are treated different by media. I am talking more extreme than this by far with the ban for example. I don't get why the less extreme version bothers you.

Kinda like Biden and Trump. You didn't actually show Biden with racism you showed him misspeaking and the media all did cover the incident just in that way. I also showed plenty more examples of Trump attacking people based on race/nationality as well and they just get written off as a whole even when you couldn't counter some and I didn't wanna dig in on each one you said wasn't. Add extreme bigotry and an actual attacking nature repeatedly. It is far worse one way but you complain about the lesser issue and whine about mistreatment towards the major problem. Anyways though the media covered the issue they just don't view it remotely like you do given he said it was a mistatement and doesn't have this history laid out that would make people question his intentions in same way. I am sure there is media out there calling him racist if you wanna look for it though.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 06-11-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Stay with me here: wanting public statues of confederate generals is racist. When people get together to demonstrate in favor of these statues they are being racists. When some start hurting people those ones are violent racists. Nothing here is good.

Its tough to follow along apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I definitely think it is bad. I think you do as well sometimes, you seem to be going on about how due to ideology some are treated different by media. I am talking more extreme than this by far with the ban for example. I don't get why the less extreme version bothers you.

Kinda like Biden and Trump. You didn't actually show Biden with racism you showed him misspeaking and the media all did cover the incident just in that way. I also showed plenty more examples of Trump attacking people based on race/nationality as well and they just get written off as a whole even when you couldn't counter some and I didn't wanna dig in on each one you said wasn't. Add extreme bigotry and an actual attacking nature repeatedly. It is far worse one way but you complain about the lesser issue and whine about mistreatment towards the major problem. Anyways though the media covered the issue they just don't view it remotely like you do given he said it was a mistatement and doesn't have this history laid out that would make people question his intentions in same way. I am sure there is media out there calling him racist if you wanna look for it though.
    When Joe Biden’s business gets ordered to stop using racist policies to keep black people out, we can talk about Joe being more racist than Trump.

Can we get back to Joe Biden’s presidency, already?

I know racism is a big issue, but we already have a number of threads going on it, including some that have rehashed over and again the same stuff discussed here.

Things are happening under this administration, like:

— inflation seems to be increasing.
    — the US is looking to polish up its image abroad.
    — the keystone pipeline is dead
    — bipartisanship continues to be a mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

I know racism is a big issue, but we already have a number of threads going on it, including some that have rehashed over and again the same stuff discussed here.

You can discuss whatever you wish related to his presidency, go ahead and go in depth on any of those you want. If you make a good or interesting point people may respond.

You can discuss whatever you wish related to his presidency, go ahead and go in depth on any of those you want. If you make a good or interesting point people may respond.
    Fair enough.

But I won’t hold my breath either.

Anybody who does grocery shopping knows things are going up but it seems it isn't the topic of today.

The keystone pipeline death is a victory for the Standing Rock protesters and a defeat for big business and the Canadian PR who has been pushing this from the start.

Trump is gone, so Biden is riding that instead of anything he has done. But the damage has been done, Greman PR Merkel is leaning away from America for leadership. Considering how easy the script was flipped with Trump, they can't trust the American president to honor past agreements. The Kurds in Syria can agree with that. The one thing our allies could depend on in the past was maintaining agreement through changing administrations. That is gone now.

The democrat moderate is still playing the Obama game of pushing for cooperation between the parties. Considering that doing the same thing over and over again is a mark of madness, the moderates is either mad or these parties are playing good cop/bad cop with the American people. Biden has backtracked on raising corporate taxes to pay for his infrastructure bill which would have paid for his bill at the urging of the republican. So something will be cut down the road if this bill is pass, guess what that will be.

Needless to say, the progressive congressional members, who are being roasted for co-operating with the moderate on progressive podcasts and circles, are screaming bloody murder with Biden and the moderates for trying to get the Republicans to support their policies. Of course, this is being downplayed by CNN and MSNBC, DNC lackies. See that fluff piece that CNN did with Biden's interview? Now that the elections are over, they are either being downplayed or attack. Not needed anymore. The progressive committed the cardinal sin of believing the moderate would push hard for their issues, and the democrat moderate are mad for thinking they can work with the republicans

The whole of the southwest is experiencing serve drought with Lake Mead at its lowest level since the Hoover Dam was created, thus the dam's energy output is down 30%. Flint Mich water is still bad and farmers in the various regions have to dig deeper wells to get water, which is something India and other countries are doing as well. Water will be the next crisis but nothing is being done to address this. I guess the politicians can only see icebergs when we hit them. That goes for both parties.

I am smoking more pot during the week and basically starting to become more disconnected from the political discourse. It is f'ing game for sheeps to believe in. Guess what is the growing political group in America is now, the non-voters or the non-believers.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Fair enough.

But I won’t hold my breath either.
    That's also fair enough lol. I do understand what you are saying but the last presidency thread was very similar with race/racist being quite constant within. I don't think the answer is to just say that's not allowed now that it isn't Trump/is Biden, we should explain why it is different now compared to then (which was the point of responding to show why it's seen differently, each individual had far different approaches). Racism will come up a lot in what is seemingly a "culture war" in this country so you are not wrong about that (white grievance/identity politics?).

I think inflation increasing is moreso a result of opening back up the economy. The rest will be more wait and see and dependent on the next steps taken. I think the POTUS often has a little less control over specific things (gas prices is very commonly brought up for example) and this might have a little less to do with him than just the general approach even prior to him on the pandemic. The abroad aspect just seems kinda obvious given the last 4 years to me. The pipeline being dead is certainly fine by me. Agreed on bipartisanship as well. I didn't mean to write it off completely and others very well may want to discuss some of this more.

That's also fair enough lol. I do understand what you are saying but the last presidency thread was very similar with race/racist being quite constant within. I don't think the answer is to just say that's not allowed now that it isn't Trump/is Biden, we should explain why it is different now compared to then (which was the point of responding to show why it's seen differently, each individual had far different approaches). Racism will come up a lot in what is seemingly a "culture war" in this country so you are not wrong about that (white grievance/identity politics?).

I think inflation increasing is moreso a result of opening back up the economy. The rest will be more wait and see and dependent on the next steps taken. I think the POTUS often has a little less control over specific things (gas prices is very commonly brought up for example) and this might have a little less to do with him than just the general approach even prior to him on the pandemic. The abroad aspect just seems kinda obvious given the last 4 years to me. The pipeline being dead is certainly fine by me. Agreed on bipartisanship as well. I didn't mean to write it off completely and others very well may want to discuss some of this more.
    Agreed on the inflation observation. I noted it, but even though a lot of folks are getting exercized about it, it is hardly a trend at this point.

Same on the international scene and bipartisanship.

I think the biggest news is Keystone (though I am biased in that issues related to the environment, energy use, and climate change are of greater interest to me than some other issues). No doubt Keystone had been sinking for quite some time, and Biden’s election seems to have been the final nail on the coffin. By the same token, while it ultimately will likely have little effect overall, it is at the very least symbolic. Big energy businesses already see the handwriting on the wall, and this makes that handwriting even clearer, and as much as I hate to say it, addressing the energy/climate problems effectively will require a difinitive and dedicated buy-in by those powerful interests.

Senator Ron Johnson has been suspended from YouTube for seven days for continuing to spread misinformation about COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Senator Ron Johnson has been suspended from YouTube for seven days for continuing to spread misinformation about COVID.
    I understand freedom of speech is a constitutional right but every platform has its set of guidelines. Whether its Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, whatever. If you broke those rules and intentionally spread misinformation, you should be subject to whatever those platforms decide is punishment. Its super dangerous to lie to millions of people as evidence by what happened on January 6th.

Its not just a Trump thing either. Anyone who consistently engages in misinformation (independent of party) should not be on any social media or a site like YouTube.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-12-2021 at 07:21 PM.

But I was told there was no difference between Trump and Biden…

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-mcgahn/

How about something specific on racism?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ju...eed/ar-AAKYR7c
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52