Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 518 of 600 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 8996
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Anyways, I hopped on real quick to say "Biden did it!". He's expected to announce another moratorium lasting until October.

Also called on Cuomo to step down. Double
    While Iím grateful he extended the moratoriumÖ whatís the end game? At SOME point we need to let it expire, we canít keep kicking the can down the road.

So will it be OK to let it expire in October or are people going to have the same complaints then that they have now?

Why didn't he do it before the protests?

Look, if he does it I'll be here cheering him on. Until he does do it, he hasn't done it, so I'm not going to pretend otherwise. It's pretty simple.

Either way, if you, me and Joe are all in agreement that we need to end the embargo, then I'm not sure how you think I'm going so far off the deep end that I'm basically a Trump supporter.....
    I've explained that as well in earlier posts. In fact I was talking about this during Trumps presidency. Pompeo put Cuba on the list of "state sponsored terrorism" for the very reason he didn't want improved relations, and you can't remove a country from this list for 6 months.

You'd know this if you followed this stuff at all, instead of just using it as propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    While Iím grateful he extended the moratoriumÖ whatís the end game? At SOME point we need to let it expire, we canít keep kicking the can down the road.

So will it be OK to let it expire in October or are people going to have the same complaints then that they have now?
    I 100% agree, and I have no idea what Biden's answer to that would be nor do I know if he has one.

But this was an acute issue. We had blown past a deadline and a lot of people were about to suffer because of it. The stopgap was needed and needed rapidly. We shouldn't have arrived at the point we did, but nonetheless, we did.

But mostly, I was just trying to be positive for an entire post The rare short and tidy manram post.
    HELLO

Anyways, I hopped on real quick to say "Biden did it!". He's expected to announce another moratorium lasting until October.

Well I hope this is now a streak of you calling balls and strikes with this administration instead of just balls.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Explain to me how the embargo does more harm to the people? Please explain that to me.
    You're not going to answer this question, are you?

I assume that this is a moratorium on rent/mortgage payments.

What happens when the moratorium is over??? Are tenants expected to just start paying rent again without being responsible for back rent??? Or are they expected to pay the back rent too??? and if so where does that $$$ come from??? how many of us could come up with over a year's worth of rent or mortgage payments??? I couldn't.

So what happens??? Do landlords just eat this??? In the case of mortgages, landlords are the banks. So do they just lose this $$$???

And I wonder (skeptical me) how may people could have paid rent but didn't because of the "moratoriums." I've also heard of cases of people claiming that they could not pay rent and then sub-leasing their apartments and pocketing the $$$. Gee, what a surprise.

I smell a government bailout coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I assume that this is a moratorium on rent/mortgage payments.

What happens when the moratorium is over??? Are tenants expected to just start paying rent again without being responsible for back rent??? Or are they expected to pay the back rent too??? and if so where does that $$$ come from??? how many of us could come up with over a year's worth of rent or mortgage payments??? I couldn't.

So what happens??? Do landlords just eat this??? In the case of mortgages, landlords are the banks. So do they just lose this $$$???

And I wonder (skeptical me) how may people could have paid rent but didn't because of the "moratoriums." I've also heard of cases of people claiming that they could not pay rent and then sub-leasing their apartments and pocketing the $$$. Gee, what a surprise.

I smell a government bailout coming.
    He's still collecting those tax dollars.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Good for Biden, but we can't keep kicking this rental debt down the road. Renters and landlords are hurting on this
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Good for Biden, but we can't keep kicking this rental debt down the road. Renters and landlords are hurting on this
    As are a lot of mortgage lenders.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    He's still collecting those tax dollars.
    Who is still collecting those tax dollars???

I just want to point out that you constantly flip flop from "helping the Cuban people" to "their government isn't our business".

I'm not an isolationist like you. Just because I don't think we should assassinate world leaders whenever we want, and do forced occupations to change countries to Democracies, doesn't mean I don't think we should be involved in foreign affairs.

You have such a 20 year old hippy "make peace, not war, its none of our business" view on foreign policy. And that's because you don't actually understand any of it. You just parrot the talking points that your get in your facebook feed.
    I donít care about the ďmake peace not warĒ crap. But I do want to do the last part where itís none of our business. I would rather we remove our embargoes and let things happen as they will.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I donít care about the ďmake peace not warĒ crap. But I do want to do the last part where itís none of our business. I would rather we remove our embargoes and let things happen as they will.
    That's great, but it DOES effect us.

Carter once tried to lift part of the embargo. What did Cuba do? They sent 125,000 immigrants (including many criminals and mentally ill people) to the US.

Bush began easing restrictions for family members in 2003, and Cuba cracked down on political dissidents from it's citizens.

That's fine that you don't want involvement in Cuban relations, that's your opinion. But don't tell me that eliminating the embargo helps Cubans in any way. It helps their government. We already send aid to Cuba in regard to food and medicine. But they're a communist government. All trade and industry goes through the government, and Cuba has a VERY corrupt government.

So you can't stand on a soap box and act like US lifting the embargo somehow helps their citizens. It doesn't. So stop trying to sell me this story.

And just BTW, poo pooing access to high speed internet, is such a ****ing privileged position ManRam. It'll have a much bigger effect on Cuban lives then ending the embargo ever could.

That's great, but it DOES effect us.

Carter once tried to lift part of the embargo. What did Cuba do? They sent 125,000 immigrants (including many criminals and mentally ill people) to the US.

Bush began easing restrictions for family members in 2003, and Cuba cracked down on political dissidents from it's citizens.

That's fine that you don't want involvement in Cuban relations, that's your opinion. But don't tell me that eliminating the embargo helps Cubans in any way. It helps their government. We already send aid to Cuba in regard to food and medicine. But they're a communist government. All trade and industry goes through the government, and Cuba has a VERY corrupt government.

So you can't stand on a soap box and act like US lifting the embargo somehow helps their citizens. It doesn't. So stop trying to sell me this story.
    It sounds like you're talking about travel restrictions and not the embargo.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085