Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 517 of 576 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527567 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 8630
    I was informed by my carrier that they would no longer be participating in my state exchange. Other carriers did the same thing. The only carrier still involved in my state exchange is United Health Care, and their rates have never been particularly low.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I was informed by my carrier that they would no longer be participating in my state exchange. Other carriers did the same thing. The only carrier still involved in my state exchange is United Health Care, and their rates have never been particularly low.
    What state do you live in?

P.S. And I'm not doubting what you're saying in regard to the cost and availability of insurance. I'm doubting ObamaCares impact.

Undoubtedly a tough week for the White House.

The White House says they didn't have the authority to extend the eviction moratorium yesterday. Also yesterday, the White House extended Trump-era asylum restrictions.

The only people I saw doing backflips of joy after the moratorium passed were far-right freaks like Harlan Hill, whose solution for poverty and homelessness is just to yell "get a job you filthy poor" at people. This deadline has been looming and it's inexcusable that so many people waited so long to address it. Politically, it's a mistake that we're here and if anything it's going to cost votes, not gain them. And the only people I saw doing backflips about the asylum announcement, well...the same right wing freaks.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    The more and more you go down your leftist rabbit hole, the more you sound like a Trump supporter. Just whataboutism.

The reason he put sanctions on these specific entities is because they were stifling the protesters in Cuba.

The ultimate hypocrisy, is you sitting here complaining about your government, being completely oblivious to other countries that aren't able to do the same thing without disappearing forever.

Meanwhile Biden is trying to work with the private sector in Cuba so their citizens could have access to high speed internet.

When Obama agreed to soften sanctions before, it was with the idea in mind that they would allow their citizens more civil liberties.

The embargo should be lifted eventually. But not while the Cuban government is eliminating protesters across their country.

I just hate that all these things are just fodder to you. You have no interest in these situations till it can be used as dirt on Biden. And every time you speak on foreign policy it makes me ****ing cringe.

Trump has the same opinions on Cuba and Biden

I'm critical of both of them. Consistently so. Grow up.

I don't care if Biden is working with private industries to get Cubans high speed internet. END THE EMBARGO! Obama wanted to do it! We were all critical of Trump when he undid the Obama-era changes in policy. And now Biden is refusing to not only take an Obama-like stance on Cuba, he's just taking the Trump stance and running with it.

I might not be consistent all the time, but when it comes to American imperialism in our hemisphere, I think I am remarkably consistent. And just because I don't change my tune when a Democrat is President and you do...well, that's not an indictment on me. It's an indictment on you.

Do you support the embargo?
    Why do we have the right to interfere with their government?
    Do you support our history of intervention in Latin American countries? Our history of regime changes?

Either way, you trying to Horseshoe Theory me, saying I sound like a Trump supporter, when you have the more conservative stance on the issue we spar about the most (foreign policy) is pretty cool though.
    Last edited by ManRam; 08-03-2021 at 12:59 PM.
    HELLO

We could have two elected sexual predators removed from office soon!

Damn leftists popping up all over the place trying to take over the government and force us to do things.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Trump has the same opinions on Cuba and Biden

I'm critical of both of them. Consistently so. Grow up.

I don't care if Biden is working with private industries to get Cubans high speed internet. END THE EMBARGO! Obama wanted to do it! We were all critical of Trump when he undid the Obama-era changes in policy. And now Biden is refusing to not only take an Obama-like stance on Cuba, he's just taking the Trump stance and running with it.

I might not be consistent all the time, but when it comes to American imperialism in our hemisphere, I think I am remarkably consistent. And just because I don't change my tune when a Democrat is President and you do...well, that's not an indictment on me. It's an indictment on you.

Do you support the embargo?
    Why do we have the right to interfere with their government?
    Do you support our history of intervention in Latin American countries? Our history of regime changes?

Either way, you trying to Horseshoe Theory me, saying I sound like a Trump supporter, when you have the more conservative stance on the issue we spar about the most (foreign policy) is pretty cool though.
    Biden ALSO wants to do it. That's what you're not understanding here.

You literally just don't understand foreign policy in the slightest. You read an article from some leftist magazine trying to demonize Biden (like you've done multiple times, and are mostly wrong).

However you shouldn't reward a foreign government for stifling protests and sending people to prison without trial because they dared spoke out against their government. You guys for some reason look at the Cuban government as the victims always.

The only reason you are on this topic is because you (and other uninformed leftists) thought for some reason the embargo was connected to the economic strife of Cuba ATM. Which it isn't. It's just you making assumptions based on your own confirmation bias.

I just want to point out that you constantly flip flop from "helping the Cuban people" to "their government isn't our business".

I'm not an isolationist like you. Just because I don't think we should assassinate world leaders whenever we want, and do forced occupations to change countries to Democracies, doesn't mean I don't think we should be involved in foreign affairs.

You have such a 20 year old hippy "make peace, not war, its none of our business" view on foreign policy. And that's because you don't actually understand any of it. You just parrot the talking points that your get in your facebook feed.

I just want to point out that you constantly flip flop from "helping the Cuban people" to "their government isn't our business".
    Not at all. I want to help the Cuban people by literally leaving them alone. I'm not going from one to the other because they're intrinsically connected. The embargo does far more harm than anything the government has done to its people. And other country's governments are none of our business. It's insane how much liberals lost their mind at Russia for meddling in our elections...yet can't think critically for a single second to see how no country is a bigger offender in interfering with foreign governments than us. Just be consistent. On anything.

What IS actually vague is what precisely you actually want the US to do. Not just with Cuba, but Afghanistan, Venezuela or whatever we've talked about in the past. You can never seem to say what it is you want the administration to do.
    HELLO

Undoubtedly a tough week for the White House.

The White House says they didn't have the authority to extend the eviction moratorium yesterday. Also yesterday, the White House extended Trump-era asylum restrictions.

The only people I saw doing backflips of joy after the moratorium passed were far-right freaks like Harlan Hill, whose solution for poverty and homelessness is just to yell "get a job you filthy poor" at people. This deadline has been looming and it's inexcusable that so many people waited so long to address it. Politically, it's a mistake that we're here and if anything it's going to cost votes, not gain them. And the only people I saw doing backflips about the asylum announcement, well...the same right wing freaks.
    You accidentally paint this in what you actually care about. "Tough week for the white house".

You don't care at all about the people who are getting evicted. I'd feel like they'd be having the "tough week" right now.

But anyways you'll go hibernate again once anything good passes then come here to do your dog and pony show whenever you feel like there's dirt to be talked about. You're really pathetic man. Just like Trump these things are just fodder for your dumbass political movement. You don't actually care about Iran/Cuba or quite frankly Americans.

Biden ALSO wants to do it. That's what you're not understanding here.
    Then why hasn't he?
    HELLO

Not at all. I want to help the Cuban people by literally leaving them alone. I'm not going from one to the other because they're intrinsically connected. The embargo does far more harm than anything the government has done to its people. And other country's governments are none of our business. It's insane how much liberals lost their mind at Russia for meddling in our elections...yet can't think critically for a single second to see how no country is a bigger offender in interfering with foreign governments than us. Just be consistent. On anything.

What IS actually vague is what precisely you actually want the US to do. Not just with Cuba, but Afghanistan, Venezuela or whatever we've talked about in the past. You can never seem to say what it is you want the administration to do.
    Explain to me how the embargo does more harm to the people? Please explain that to me.

Then why hasn't he?
    I just said why.

I just said why.
    Why didn't he do it before the protests?

Look, if he does it I'll be here cheering him on. Until he does do it, he hasn't done it, so I'm not going to pretend otherwise. It's pretty simple.

Either way, if you, me and Joe are all in agreement that we need to end the embargo, then I'm not sure how you think I'm going so far off the deep end that I'm basically a Trump supporter.....
    HELLO

Anyways, I hopped on real quick to say "Biden did it!". He's expected to announce another moratorium lasting until October.

Also called on Cuomo to step down. Double
    HELLO