Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Was it Louis Riddick who kept saying he rolls his eyes every time someone says to turn your head and look for the ball as a DB?

He says to keep playing the man and play his hands on deep routes. Just saying thereís different ways to teach some of these techniques and that heís just as likely to turn his head at the wrong moment and lose the ball.
    You have to look at the situation. They were on the 6 yard line and both plays he was matched up with big receivers who were going to try and high point the ball. He has no chance to face the QB and attempt to stop the initial catch. That would have made it easy for the tall receivers. His best bet was to play the receiver and fight the ball out. He done a great job with the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Ruggs is their first draft pick, should have had 40+ receptions by now, west coast or not, they better figure out a way to get him the ball, maybe it's Greg Olsen...who knows.
    Exactly. They could've just drafted some fast guy in the later rounds of ask they were going to do was send him streaking down the field on every play.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    In Ruggís defense he has been dealing with injuries. I think he will start coming on down the stretch.

As I said earlier. Gruden has never been able to utilize speed at WR effectively.

His M/O to put a player like Ruggs in space on shorter routes and screens which is a complete waste of a WR with Ruggs ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just use him like a regular WR that you send deep more often. They don't gotta reinvent the wheel to get him the ball.

I just want to see Carr fling it deep 4-6 times per game. Open things up for the underneath stuff Gruden likes so much. If Carr even connects on 1-2 its enough. I like the 7 minute scoring drives but all to often the opposing defense stiffens up the closer we get to the redzone and we only come away with three points or go for it on 4th down and come away with zero. The pieces are there to have a very good offense.
    They have been doing this... And connecting with Renfrow.
    Last edited by mberr; 11-11-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Exactly. They could've just drafted some fast guy in the later rounds of ask they were going to do was send him streaking down the field on every play.

Just use him like a regular WR that you send deep more often. They don't gotta reinvent the wheel to get him the ball.

They have been doing this... And connecting with Renfrow.
    Yep. Thatís my point. Ruggs isnít a project he came from the college ranks as an accomplished WR-just get the ball to him. It takes time to develop a rhythm in the passing game. I really believe he will come on down the stretch.

Renfrow continues to impress me with his versatility. He is developing into more than just a slot receiver and his rapport with Carr is getting better by the week.

Why pass to a guy who is doubled quite frequently, while others are one on one? He's a heck of a receiver, that's why they drafted him #1 round. He'll get his chances. Eventually, they'll have to commit to the run, or double Waller, then he'll shine.

Yep. Thatís my point. Ruggs isnít a project he came from the college ranks as an accomplished WR-just get the ball to him. It takes time to develop a rhythm in the passing game. I really believe he will come on down the stretch.

Renfrow continues to impress me with his versatility. He is developing into more than just a slot receiver and his rapport with Carr is getting better by the week.

Ruggs was far from an accomplished college receiver. You continue to prove how little football you know. Amari Cooper was an accomplished college receiver.
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Letís pray Kwikoski stays healthy. Kudos to Johnson for two great plays. Hankins is doing great in the middle. Solid game from Ferrell. Wish he could find the next level. Occasional fantastic plays individually, but as a unit this D is horrible. Guenther has to go.

Cable has done an outstanding job with this O line this season. Sorry Erik. Only weak play is fromYoung. No matter what configuration these guys ball.

I truly hope Gruden pulls his head out of his hind end some time this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Ruggs was far from an accomplished college receiver. You continue to prove how little football you know. Amari Cooper was an accomplished college receiver.
    And you continue to demonstrate a$$clown of the year potential. Ignore my posts. Itís really not that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I wouldn't play him, at least until next week. He's a force when totally healthy. We'll need him more down the road.

And you continue to demonstrate a$$clown of the year potential. Ignore my posts. Itís really not that difficult.

Please don't get butt hurt again. We wouldn't you to get your panties in a bunch again. Don't make a fool out of yourself again
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I wouldn't play him, at least until next week. He's a force when totally healthy. We'll need him more down the road.
    Yea we should be fine without him here. I know any given Sunday but we really need to not make games like last Sunday and this close or to the wire. Letís put them away early so we can rest up. Would love a fresh side against KC to hand them their second L

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    i guess they thought they had enough time to steal 3 points at the first half. Their play selection could have been better. But, hey they won.....all is forgiven. i bet all of us were on the edge of their seats.
    fo sho

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Accomplished enough to be basically wasted #1 draft pick. He underachieved as a Raider complete with, suspect hands.

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Accomplished enough to be basically wasted #1 draft pick. He underachieved as a Raider complete with, suspect hands.
    You have no idea what a wasted #1 pick is

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718