Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Hmm..."..great play.."? On the final play he had his back completely turned to Herbert and was just waving his arms like a guy trying to block a 3 point jump shot...I would say lucky, as in he was lucky it wasn't ruled complete, a couple years ago it would have

In Ruggís defense he has been dealing with injuries. I think he will start coming on down the stretch.

As I said earlier. Gruden has never been able to utilize speed at WR effectively.

His M/O to put a player like Ruggs in space on shorter routes and screens which is a complete waste of a WR with Ruggs ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vann Mac View Post
    Hmm..."..great play.."? On the final play he had his back completely turned to Herbert and was just waving his arms like a guy trying to block a 3 point jump shot...I would say lucky, as in he was lucky it wasn't ruled complete, a couple years ago it would have
    It was a great play. Look at the replay. His hands were constantly fighting with both receivers. What would have him do? I say kudos to the man, and let's move on. In your words, if this was years ago, we would have lost sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    ^^^Face it. Ruggs does not fit the west coast offense. And from what I'm hearing the Cardinals are misusing Isaiah Simmons too. Simmons would've made the perfect SAM LB/S hybrid for our defense if we had drafted him.
    Unfortunately Simmons wasnít on the board when we drafted.

Iím less concerned with Ruggs being a fit and more concerned with Gruden not making space for him. Andy Reid figures out how to bend the WCO to hit Hill. It can be done. Just not sure if Gruden is the guy to do. As itís been said, he doesnít do well integrating speed into the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Or... Hit him on some WR routes. Everyone told us he was more than a speedster, that he had hands and a full route tree.
    First time I'm hearing he has a full route tree. Kid is still young and learning. I wanted Lamb because he was more polished. Ruggs has that deep speed but he is far from a finished product
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    First time I'm hearing he has a full route tree. Kid is still young and learning. I wanted Lamb because he was more polished. Ruggs has that deep speed but he is far from a finished product
    There were posters saying he has full route tree and more than just speed. I remember videos posted about that and his hands.

Ease up. I don't think Ruggs is 100%. Right now he's a decoy, and it's working. He has an impact even if they don't throw him the ball.

I just want to see Carr fling it deep 4-6 times per game. Open things up for the underneath stuff Gruden likes so much. If Carr even connects on 1-2 its enough. I like the 7 minute scoring drives but all to often the opposing defense stiffens up the closer we get to the redzone and we only come away with three points or go for it on 4th down and come away with zero. The pieces are there to have a very good offense.

I just want to see Carr fling it deep 4-6 times per game. Open things up for the underneath stuff Gruden likes so much. If Carr even connects on 1-2 its enough. I like the 7 minute scoring drives but all to often the opposing defense stiffens up the closer we get to the redzone and we only come away with three points or go for it on 4th down and come away with zero. The pieces are there to have a very good offense.
    With that D, the 7 minute drives aren't enough. They know it too. Every game the opposition punts like 2x. They even make rookies look good. Our biggest problem is Gruden gets conservative at the wrong time. Last week was another example. We should have put the game out of reach on that last drive.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    It was a great play. Look at the replay. His hands were constantly fighting with both receivers. What would have him do? I say kudos to the man, and let's move on. In your words, if this was years ago, we would have lost sooner.
    Was it Louis Riddick who kept saying he rolls his eyes every time someone says to turn your head and look for the ball as a DB?

He says to keep playing the man and play his hands on deep routes. Just saying thereís different ways to teach some of these techniques and that heís just as likely to turn his head at the wrong moment and lose the ball.

I thought both plays and the OPI he got called on the same drive were outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    I thought both plays and the OPI he got called on the same drive were outstanding.
    Agreed! Maybe we have a corner finally! I'd like to see him against Kelsey. Maybe in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    With that D, the 7 minute drives aren't enough. They know it too. Every game the opposition punts like 2x. They even make rookies look good. Our biggest problem is Gruden gets conservative at the wrong time. Last week was another example. We should have put the game out of reach on that last drive.
    Conservative at the wrong time, and also aggressive at the wrong time ... that end of the 1st half was ridiculous, and those 3 points nearly cost us the game. The team really bailed Gruden out.

Another thing though ... the offense, despite the 30+ points, didn't have their best game. The running game was mostly good, and DC made some big plays, but there were too many sputters. If the D had been as completely awful as in some other weeks, we'd have lost that game easily. The defense actually had just enough good moments that our O didn't have to be near-perfect for once. So that's encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Conservative at the wrong time, and also aggressive at the wrong time ... that end of the 1st half was ridiculous, and those 3 points nearly cost us the game. The team really bailed Gruden out.

Another thing though ... the offense, despite the 30+ points, didn't have their best game. The running game was mostly good, and DC made some big plays, but there were too many sputters. If the D had been as completely awful as in some other weeks, we'd have lost that game easily. The defense actually had just enough good moments that our O didn't have to be near-perfect for once. So that's encouraging.
    I guess they thought they had enough time to steal 3 points at the first half. Their play selection could have been better. But, hey they won.....all is forgiven. I bet all of us were on the edge of their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolls View Post
    Absolutely two great plays by Isiah. I think the lucky part came when the TD was overturned. I always expect to get screwed over by the officials.

Exactly, players can make plays. But we as Raider fans know all too well that the ball still "bounce" against the Raiders.

"..And then the Raiders drafted the Knight in Shining Armor Prince Quarterback. Then they went on to win the Super Bowl. All the women in the kingdom cheered and they lived happily ever after...""

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast