Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,804

    Week 9: Miami Dolphins (4-3) @ Arizona Cardinals (5-2)

    Gaskin and Brieda were both out of practice today. Gaskin obviously dealing with his injury, Brieda pops up with a new injury that Omar is reporting its a hamstring. Laird is also hurt, so we might be down to Howard and something called Salvon Ahmed.

    In other exciting news, Austin Jackson and Antonio Callaway practiced for the first time. Jackson hasn't been designated to return yet so Dolphins are just trying to see where he's at.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    750
    So no pressure at all on Tua with that run game then.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,014
    Wonder if Perry/Bowden get some reps at RB? They have to activate Howard. Watch the guy go off for 100 yds or something weird like that.

    Or Gailey says '**** it' and just goes to 3-4-5 WR sets all game and Tua throws for 400 yds and 4 TDs or something crazy like that lol.

    Even with a healthy backfield, this game is going to be difficult because of Murray. Hopkins and Fitzgerald will be covered pretty good I bet, but we won't stop Murray from running for 1st downs.

    ARZ 23
    MIA 17

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,526
    Salvon Ahmed could get more carries than people expect, he played at the same school with miles gaskins, hes more dynamic, but didnt have as good vision or consistency.

    Hopfully all this time off has got howard refreshed though. He was clearly out of shape to start the season, if he could come back and give us a few big games that would be huge right now.

    You really dont want rookies having to pick up blocking assignments for a rookie qb, but that may have to happen at times.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Salvon Ahmed could get more carries than people expect, he played at the same school with miles gaskins, hes more dynamic, but didnt have as good vision or consistency.

    Hopfully all this time off has got howard refreshed though. He was clearly out of shape to start the season, if he could come back and give us a few big games that would be huge right now.

    You really dont want rookies having to pick up blocking assignments for a rookie qb, but that may have to happen at times.
    Pray for Tua's pelvis.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Pray for Tua's pelvis.
    Arizona isn't good against the run, I think we should be all right even with gaskins out. If Howard could come back rejuvenated that would be huge for us. A nice 25 carry game from him would be a game changer.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Arizona isn't good against the run, I think we should be all right even with gaskins out. If Howard could come back rejuvenated that would be huge for us. A nice 25 carry game from him would be a game changer.
    I don't think he can give us enough to run him 25 times. Just runs too lightly, unless he was hurt and is better now. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle with this other new guy, Ahmed, along with Breida.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I don't think he can give us enough to run him 25 times. Just runs too lightly, unless he was hurt and is better now. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle with this other new guy, Ahmed, along with Breida.
    yeah I have no idea what Howard can do for us.

    But he came out in out of shape, but he's had time to get in shape, get refocused, and get strong again. I dunno if that happened, but it wouldn't surprise me, if he shows up ready to run, or else you would think he would be cut already.

    Flores is very calculated when it comes to that kind of stuff. Being ready for these kinds of situations. Or maybe he gets 10-15 carries, Salvon gets 5, laird gets 5.

    Who knows, Laird doesn't have a next gear at that position, but he's solid in both pass catching and running the ball.

    It could go any direction for all we know, but I really believe Flores is ready for the situation. We just need to keep Kyler under control.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,804
    Yea Tua and the passing game absolutely needs to be better this week. I'd much rather see what Ahmed has than Howard's slow Daniel Thomas looking ***. But no matter what you cannot rely on this run game this week.

    Defense will probably need to be spectacular again. I said last week was the real turning point to me for this team because its the first time that I solely give Flores and this defense credit and not the backyard football of Fitz. But this is just as important to the outlook of the team. Murray is the best mobile QB in the NFL game right now, and if you can slow him down just a bit, then I'll finally start to buy in.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,014
    if this team gives out 25-30 carries, then it would be because the Phins are playing with the lead. I think Howard is the type of back that needs to be fed the ball to get going. The guy only got like 3-4 carries per game previously. If they do trot out Howard to start, got to get him going early for him to feel it, as well as the OL.

    I think Tua will be more involved this week, and I think he throws it 30-35 times. Shaheen is back at practice, so having that good 2nd TE option will be critical.

    I hope for a win, but I think they lose this game by one score or less.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,804
    The #Dolphins are in the intensive protocols after an assistant coach tested positive for COVID-19, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. They will have a walkthrough later today. Game on as scheduled Sunday at Arizona.

    Edit: team moved through their walk though today just fine and have the coach quarantined. The team feels like they have a good handle on the situation.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-06-2020 at 04:47 PM.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,804
    #Dolphins RB Matt Brieda is OUT vs. Cardinals on Sunday due to a hamstring injury. Breida and RB Myles Gaskin, on IR with a knee injury, did not practice all week.

    The team is also placing Lynn Bowden Jr on the covid 19 list. His situation is separate from the coaching situation. So expect to see more Perry this weekend with Ford out. Probably a good amount from the TEs too.

    ALSO Barry is reporting that Austin Jackson looked good in camp and could play this week, although no one has an idea of what the oline lineup would look like. Jesse Davis has been solid at LT and is coming off his best game yet.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-06-2020 at 06:51 PM.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,076
    I think Jordan Howard will likely start but after a few 1 yard runs he will get phased out of the game plan.

    Patrick Laird will likely be the passing down RB but is he a 100%?

    I think the game will be setup where Ahmed will not only get his chance, but he will most likely lead the team in carries.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think Jordan Howard will likely start but after a few 1 yard runs he will get phased out of the game plan.

    Patrick Laird will likely be the passing down RB but is he a 100%?

    I think the game will be setup where Ahmed will not only get his chance, but he will most likely lead the team in carries.
    In college he was recorded as running his 40 in the 4.3 range.

    Dude can really speed up if he has space, theyll have to find ways to get him space though because he doesnt have great vision.

    I wouldnt be surprised if we have a package set up to try to get him some chunk hard though.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,076
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    In college he was recorded as running his 40 in the 4.3 range.

    Dude can really speed up if he has space, theyll have to find ways to get him space though because he doesnt have great vision.

    I wouldnt be surprised if we have a package set up to try to get him some chunk hard though.
    I watched some highlights last night and in the highlights he did a good job of seeing the holes. Of course highlights can make anyone look good. If he can't pass protect he will likely see reduced snaps. After watching Howard I would take a shot with Ahmed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •