Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMetsGo View Post
    This is the conundrum Jets have..on one hand..they needbto SEE what they have at wr..to see (develop=mims) if they are worth keeping around(perimen) .. if the qb is suffering from ptsd and or has blinders on and can't utilize these wr..its hard to assess their abilities..so you have a vet qb in flacco come in..and in one game..showed...the wr core when healthy and playing..not as bad as presumed..down side...risk of flacco catching fire and accidentally winning a game..and also...ruining what miniscule trade value darnold has by him not playing and not showing something positive..but him playing poorly not helping anybody either...except the tank..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Darnold needs to get healthy and hopefully will after a couple weeks of rest. I could see the Jets drafting TL and keeping Sam to be the starter. Why not? If he's lights out, you could pick up the option and trade him on a one year deal. If he's ok, you transition to TL and Sam walks.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Darnold needs to get healthy and hopefully will after a couple weeks of rest. I could see the Jets drafting TL and keeping Sam to be the starter. Why not? If he's lights out, you could pick up the option and trade him on a one year deal. If he's ok, you transition to TL and Sam walks.
    Doubtful they'd keep Sam if they draft a QB, because Joe D likes acquiring draft capital for his rebuild.

Forgot which thread people were freaking out about the cameras on, but as usual people overreact

“ Greg Van Roten, the Jets’ NFLPA player representative, addressed reports that Jets players complained to the union about hidden cameras in their locker room. Van Roten clarified that the players know the security cameras are there and the team was upfront about that. The issue is the players are concerned about the NFL using the cameras to check who is wearing masks under COVID-19 protocols and whether teams have the right to put cameras in without collectively bargaining first with the players.

“Talking to guys on the team, no one really cares that there are cameras in there,” Van Roten said. “We know why they’re there. They’re there to protect us if something happens, if something goes missing and all that. … We get why they’re there.”

Van Roten said this is not an issue unique to the Jets and that many teams have cameras in or near their locker rooms. The cameras are not monitored and are the footage is only viewed by team security if there is an issue in the locker room like stolen property or a non-credentialed individual getting in.

“There’s no trust issue. The cameras are there for us,” Van Roten said. “It’s not like they’re spying on us.””

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    And the Jets getting sued for their applause soundtrack. From what I understand, they simply took a tape and used it.

Presuming this is true that means they were too cheap to make their own.

I mean the would have cost 5k, so I can't blame them.

Ignorance is bliss

Morgan needs to get playing time. If we draft Lawrence then sure maybe we’ll never need to touch the backup QB but it’d be nice to know if needed our backup can play. If we stay with Darnold then he’s already shown an inability to stay on the field for 16 games and in that case againwe need to be sure our backup QB can play. If Morgan playing is bad for our weapons then it is what it is. Mims will be back for sure next year and Crowder likely will too. Perriman has shown for 5 years now he can’t be trusted weekly so he needs to be gone or brought back on another cheaper 1 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
    Morgan needs to get playing time. If we draft Lawrence then sure maybe we’ll never need to touch the backup QB but it’d be nice to know if needed our backup can play. If we stay with Darnold then he’s already shown an inability to stay on the field for 16 games and in that case againwe need to be sure our backup QB can play. If Morgan playing is bad for our weapons then it is what it is. Mims will be back for sure next year and Crowder likely will too. Perriman has shown for 5 years now he can’t be trusted weekly so he needs to be gone or brought back on another cheaper 1 year deal
    I''d go all in on Allen Robinson in the offseason.
    He would be the big name acquisition, I'd target.
    A true #1 WR, with Mims on the other side and Crowder in the slot, is a legit WR core.

Perriman isn't bad, but I believe that Doctson offers the same results we've seen from him for far less money.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-16-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567