Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Flacco’s 4th quarter INT and sack were *chef’s kiss* perfectly tanktastic... jets nation appreciates you, joe!
    It was the most blatant loss I've seen in quite some time.

The interception was ridiculous.
    At what point was the WR open?
    Where on the field was the WR open?
    The WR was covered at every angle AND it was into a double team.

The sack though.
    He had the RB open just beyond the first down right in front of him, and Flacco refused to throw him the ball.

Here's my issue with the loss:
    If the Jets are tanking, why are they playing Flacco instead if Morgan.
    Why play more Gore, and not Perrine and Ty Johnson.

If you are going to tank, give the youthful talent experience and evaluate their progress come the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    It was the most blatant loss I've seen in quite some time.

The interception was ridiculous.
    At what point was the WR open?
    Where on the field was the WR open?
    The WR was covered at every angle AND it was into a double team.

The sack though.
    He had the RB open just beyond the first down right in front of him, and Flacco refused to throw him the ball.

Here's my issue with the loss:
    If the Jets are tanking, why are they playing Flacco instead if Morgan.
    Why play more Gore, and not Perrine and Ty Johnson.

If you are going to tank, give the youthful talent experience and evaluate their progress come the offseason.
    Are you insinuating that Flacco is part of the tank? As fans, we talk about a 'tank' job from a fan, and possibly in the case of the 1997 Spurs, an organization's point of view. Players care about their jobs and how they look on tape. Flacco definitely has nothing to do with tanking for Trevor.

I totally agree with your playing the younger players part. Flacco and Gore will not be here next year, so why not play Morgan (unless they feel he may not be ready and could get injured) and Perrine!
    Your Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    They missed Q.

MrX, yeah Becton needs something. Because right now, I see him being a guy who is amazing 8-10 games a year and injured the rest.
    Quinnen's play would have been welcome but even with him, I don't think they stop Cam's QB sneaks.
    Cam is a bigger QB than most realize, a for real hoss.

They may need to get Becton down to the 330-340 lb range for him to play at optimum health.
    Heard he's getting checked for a possible torn pec (not official/speculative).
    Hope it's not.
    Last edited by MrX27; 11-10-2020 at 03:42 PM.

I kept thinking that the Pats were trying to tank the game. Cam fell down twice without being touch and over/underthrew wide open WRs. Maybe he just stinks though.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I kept thinking that the Pats were trying to tank the game. Cam fell down twice without being touch and over/underthrew wide open WRs. Maybe he just stinks though.
    He only missed like 7-8 passes all game.

If that qualifies as 'stinks', then most of the league must be garbage.

I think the interception by Flacco in the 4th is simply because he sucks. Makes no sense for him to tank games when the best he could do this year was to be a backup on an awful team with a bad QB. He needs to play well for a contract. He didn't mean to throw that pick.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Quinnen's play would have been welcome but even with him, I don't think they stop Cam's QB sneaks.
    Cam is a bigger QB than most realize, a for real hoss.

They may need to get Becton down to the 330-340 lb range for him to play at optimum health.
    Heard he's getting checked for a possible torn pec (not official/speculative).
    Hope it's not.
    I just read it wasn't muscular. Who knows?

I wonder if he strained an intercostal muscle or even cracked one of his top two ribs.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I think the interception by Flacco in the 4th is simply because he sucks. Makes no sense for him to tank games when the best he could do this year was to be a backup on an awful team with a bad QB. He needs to play well for a contract. He didn't mean to throw that pick.
    Is it so hard to believe that when the Jets got the ball for the first time in the 4th qtr, that he (Flacco) was told to go deep?
    Because that's exactly what it looked like.
    There was no read, no progression, just hike and throw deep regardless of coverage.
    That's what I saw.

And taking that sack is inexcusable, especially when there is a RB open directly in front of you for a 1st down.
    Explain that if you can, but he didn't want to throw that ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I just read it wasn't muscular. Who knows?

I wonder if he strained an intercostal muscle or even cracked one of his top two ribs.
    Only thing I've read is that the injury isn't expected to keep him out for any prolonged period of time.
    Grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Cam in his prime over/under threw wide open receivers

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Are you insinuating that Flacco is part of the tank? As fans, we talk about a 'tank' job from a fan, and possibly in the case of the 1997 Spurs, an organization's point of view. Players care about their jobs and how they look on tape. Flacco definitely has nothing to do with tanking for Trevor.

I totally agree with your playing the younger players part. Flacco and Gore will not be here next year, so why not play Morgan (unless they feel he may not be ready and could get injured) and Perrine!
    I read it as the Jets are not officially on the tank and that's why Flacco is in there.
    I agree, they aren't. They will use the "Mathematically still in it" crap, until they are eliminated and that could be another 2 weeks, considering the playoff expansion this year.

If they are tanking? Then they are even bad at that, because Morgan should absolutely be in there.

I guess they could also be trying to win a game before going full tank?

Ignorance is bliss

I can understand not playing Morgan if they feel he’s nowhere near ready and would only hinder the development of other young skills guys (mims, perine). Every other young guy should be seeing significant PT.

This is the conundrum Jets have..on one hand..they needbto SEE what they have at wr..to see (develop=mims) if they are worth keeping around(perimen) .. if the qb is suffering from ptsd and or has blinders on and can't utilize these wr..its hard to assess their abilities..so you have a vet qb in flacco come in..and in one game..showed...the wr core when healthy and playing..not as bad as presumed..down side...risk of flacco catching fire and accidentally winning a game..and also...ruining what miniscule trade value darnold has by him not playing and not showing something positive..but him playing poorly not helping anybody either...except the tank..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I know they lost Monday night, but see what happens when you have all of your skill position players on the field healthy? The Jets scored 27 points! I'm just saying, maybe the Jets aren't as horrible as we think.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I know they lost Monday night, but see what happens when you have all of your skill position players on the field healthy? The Jets scored 27 points! I'm just saying, maybe the Jets aren't as horrible as we think.
    I agree to an extent. The Pats offense is horrid, so the Jets were able to stop them. The Pats D is short handed so that helped.
    I certainly think there were positives in the game. I still think we keep Perriman, because Mimms, Preeiman, Crowder and Berrios is a good group of WRs. You have two guys who can stretch the field and two very good route runners with quickness and hands to work underneath.
    Becton is a beast but needs to get healthy and stay that way.
    Perrine has a good burst and is learning patience and when to go.

We also no longer have Gase calling the plays. Could that be the key to Gase being a good HC? One can hope.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast