Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    the picks youre offering are doo doo tho... the best piece they get in that deal is Thybulle and even then it comes with the price tag of absorbing Horford. Beal well net them much better deals imo.
    They won’t get good picks and good players at the same time. Your also ignoring JRich in there who’s a good player as well.

Honestly Beals value is getting overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    They won’t get good picks and good players at the same time. Your also ignoring JRich in there who’s a good player as well.

You’re underrating his value. He just entered his prime basically and average 31-4-6 last year. That’s elite. They’re not accepting Horfords terrible contract at 34 years old or however old he is. Thyb is a decent piece but nothing special, JRich is solid but he’s reached his ceiling imo and as he said the picks won’t be very good.

To get Beal Itll probably cost a young player who’s shown all star potential, a couple picks and filler to match salary that isn’t on the books long term. Maybe a solid role player like a Jrich

His value is dictated by the team that has him under contract over the next 3 years. While you could think its over rated, ultimately the Wizards have to sign off on the deal. Also there arent that many great SG's available to teams so Beal being a premier player at this position makes him that much more valuable.

Put it in perspective, their best trade asset is a 27 year old Beal who is under a controllable contract for another 3 years through his prime. Why would they give him up for two late first round picks, a 34 year old whos owed 81 million over the next 3 seasons... Simply to add Thybulle and Josh Rich? does that really accelerate their rebuild?

I would offer the same package for Jrue and see if the Pelicans bite.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-06-2020 at 02:22 PM.

I can't help but laugh at the Philly scenarios for Jrue. The irony.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    His value is dictated by the team that has him under contract over the next 3 years. While you could think its over rated, ultimately the Wizards have to sign off on the deal. Also there arent that many great SG's available to teams so Beal being a premier player at this position makes him that much more valuable.

Put it in perspective, their best trade asset is a 27 year old Beal who is under a controllable contract for another 3 years through his prime. Why would they give him up for two late first round picks, a 34 year old whos owed 81 million over the next 3 seasons... Simply to add Thybulle and Josh Rich? does that really accelerate their rebuild?

I would offer the same package for Jrue and see if the Pelicans bite.
    Again who knows what they want. If your two suggestions of 1+Beasley or 2+Pashall were possible both the TWolves and Warriors take that and laugh their ***** off at the Wizards.

Yes he’s their best asset. But what do they want to do? I feel like the part of we don’t know what they want out of this is being ignored. If Washington wants to be in the playoffs next year then the package I suggested is better than a pick you don’t know will pan out and a role player.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I can't help but laugh at the Philly scenarios for Jrue. The irony.
    Why? And please don’t give me the “shouldn’t have traded him in the first place” like because that’s dumb think.

Why? And please don’t give me the “shouldn’t have traded him in the first place” like because that’s dumb think.

Right. Hes the piece to put you over the top, not the one if your trying to avoid being a treadmill squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Right. Hes the piece to put you over the top, not the one if your trying to avoid being a treadmill squad.
    Which is exactly why he was traded to start all of this.

Again who knows what they want. If your two suggestions of 1+Beasley or 2+Pashall were possible both the TWolves and Warriors take that and laugh their ***** off at the Wizards.

Yes he’s their best asset. But what do they want to do? I feel like the part of we don’t know what they want out of this is being ignored. If Washington wants to be in the playoffs next year then the package I suggested is better than a pick you don’t know will pan out and a role player.

My suggestions were examples. Examples of deals that would make your deal look like the ugly girl next door that no one wants

If youve been following the trade rumours surrounding Beal youd know its gonna take alot to pry him away. Just because their FO staff has changed it doesnt mean they view their best player any differently.

They want alot for him, just or not. For example when Masai tried to trade for him, Siakam was the starting point. They still wanted picks. This was last year. Ive been reading trade rumours on beal for a while now and it seems like they want a haul in order to part with him. Im not saying your idea is trash but i know other teams can beat it.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-06-2020 at 06:14 PM.

I actually think Jrue is a good target for the 6ers. Imagine the defence between Jrue and Ben. That back court would be a nightmare to deal with

Tell me why it's "dumb"?

Anyway, it's ironic that you traded him for the 6th overall and think a few years later with an even more improved and polished version you'll get him back for fillers and late 1sts.

Tell me why it's "dumb"?

Anyway, it's ironic that you traded him for the 6th overall and think a few years later with an even more improved and polished version you'll get him back for fillers and late 1sts.
    True. But isn't horford the prefect center for zion while hayes develops?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    True. But isn't horford the prefect center for zion while hayes develops?
    No, he's not. You can get cheaper+ younger mentors. If I were NO my sights would be set on stealing away Ibaka on a 2+1 option 3yr deal outright in free agency. Then I trade Jrue for higher picks, better young prospects.

No, he's not. You can get cheaper+ younger mentors. If I were NO my sights would be set on stealing away Ibaka on a 2+1 option 3yr deal outright in free agency. Then I trade Jrue for higher picks, better young prospects.
    They have slim to no cap room with their guaranteed salaries plus Ingram's cap hold.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast