Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Or another trade

Toronto Raptors receive: Jrue Holiday
    New Orleans Pelicans receive: Fred Van Vleet, Norm Powell
    , Patrick McCaw and a future 1st round draft pick

Jrue Holiday goes to Toronto and he's paired up with Lowry and Siakam...3 All Star players on 1 team...Holiday as a Raptor would actually make them look good not just offensively but defensively as well

PG- Lowry
    SG- Jrue
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Ibaka

New Orleans backcourt

PG- Lonzo
    SG- Van Vleet
    SF- Ingram
    PF- Zion
    C- Hayes

Powell comes off the bench with their 2nd unit; Pelicans with that new core would be a playoff team...a young playoff team but with vets. VanVleet and Powell are champions with rings and they still young. Add them to a Pelicans team on the rise...they would be even better.

Raptors would have a pretty damn good backcourt as well with Jrue Holiday replacing FVV at the 2 guard spot. OG would be perfect at the 3 spot playing SF. Siakam at the 4 and Ibaka at the 5. Lowry still at the 1. Raptors would be defensively good again. But then comes the dilemma with getting Holiday...would you have enough cap to go after someone else and load that team even more?

IMO he ends up with either the Clippers or Magic. N.O. 2 biggest needs are a young SG that can hit the 3 and defend and a young C thats more NBA ready then Hayes.

To the Clippers for Shamet, Zubac and Pat Bev going to a 3rd team and the Pelicans getting something from there also

OR

The Magic involving Fournier and Bamba
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Jrue Holiday to the Clippers to pair up with Kawhi and George Paul kind of looks attractive but not really

I again propose a 3 team trade:

Sixers out: Al Horford, Matisse Thybulle, Josh Richardson, Mike Scott, 21, 2nd round pick, 2nd round via ATL
    Sixers in: Jrue Holiday, JJ Redick

Wizards out: Bradley Beal
    Wizards in: Al Horford, Matisse Thybulle, Josh Richardson, 13, 21, 2nd round via Phila, 2nd round via ATL

Pelicans out: Jrue Holiday, JJ Redick, 13
    Pelicans in: Bradley Beal, Mike Scott

Why the Sixers do it:
    Sixers, IMO, don't have the ammo to get Bradley Beal without parting with one of Simmons/Embiid, and I believe that Morey is willing to see it out with the two of them. Getting back JJ is somewhat a mulligan by both sides to help each other out. Bringing in Jrue gives you a better on ball guy, someone who can play the role of PG in tandem with Ben, someone who shoots the 3 well, and defends well. I really feel like 21 is being moved no matter what. In the end the starting lineup makes much more sense, especially if you could consider Harris/Simmons just as "wings" who can be interchangeable in defending.
    Sixers lineup: Holiday, Redick, Harris, Simmons, Embiid

Why the Wizards do it:
    They are stuck between a rebuild and a go for it. I think this gives them a little more competitive team yet has rebuild on the fly options. With 3 picks out of 12 (9, 13, 21) they could use all three picks and really fill out the team better, or they can combine them to move up, or they can put them together with a player for an upgrade, or (lastly) they could use them to try to move off Wall (would NYK say no to Wall, 9, 21?). Al Horford seems like the fly in the ointment off the bat, but the Wizards have a hole at the 5, and Rui Hachimura could use a good 5 to back him up at the 4.
    Wizards lineup: Wall, Richardson, Thybulle, Hachimura, Horford

Why the Pelicans do it:
    They get a younger 2-guard who takes some of Jrue/JJ's best traits and combines them in one player. They get a good 3rd star fit with Zion and Ingram. He makes up for some of Ball's deficiencies. Mike Scott gives them a good bench player for a year to use, and in a pinch he can give some small ball 5 minutes opening things up for Zion. I don't believe that Jrue/JJ/13 alone gets them Beal, so using the Sixers to fill out more of the package without giving up anything significant in addition to it would be a big win.
    Pelicans lineup: Ball, Beal, Ingram, Williamson, Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I again propose a 3 team trade:

Sixers out: Al Horford, Matisse Thybulle, Josh Richardson, Mike Scott, 21, 2nd round pick, 2nd round via ATL
    Sixers in: Jrue Holiday, JJ Redick

Wizards out: Bradley Beal
    Wizards in: Al Horford, Matisse Thybulle, Josh Richardson, 13, 21, 2nd round via Phila, 2nd round via ATL

Pelicans out: Jrue Holiday, JJ Redick, 13
    Pelicans in: Bradley Beal, Mike Scott

Why the Sixers do it:
    Sixers, IMO, don't have the ammo to get Bradley Beal without parting with one of Simmons/Embiid, and I believe that Morey is willing to see it out with the two of them. Getting back JJ is somewhat a mulligan by both sides to help each other out. Bringing in Jrue gives you a better on ball guy, someone who can play the role of PG in tandem with Ben, someone who shoots the 3 well, and defends well. I really feel like 21 is being moved no matter what. In the end the starting lineup makes much more sense, especially if you could consider Harris/Simmons just as "wings" who can be interchangeable in defending.
    Sixers lineup: Holiday, Redick, Harris, Simmons, Embiid

Why the Wizards do it:
    They are stuck between a rebuild and a go for it. I think this gives them a little more competitive team yet has rebuild on the fly options. With 3 picks out of 12 (9, 13, 21) they could use all three picks and really fill out the team better, or they can combine them to move up, or they can put them together with a player for an upgrade, or (lastly) they could use them to try to move off Wall (would NYK say no to Wall, 9, 21?). Al Horford seems like the fly in the ointment off the bat, but the Wizards have a hole at the 5, and Rui Hachimura could use a good 5 to back him up at the 4.
    Wizards lineup: Wall, Richardson, Thybulle, Hachimura, Horford

Why the Pelicans do it:
    They get a younger 2-guard who takes some of Jrue/JJ's best traits and combines them in one player. They get a good 3rd star fit with Zion and Ingram. He makes up for some of Ball's deficiencies. Mike Scott gives them a good bench player for a year to use, and in a pinch he can give some small ball 5 minutes opening things up for Zion. I don't believe that Jrue/JJ/13 alone gets them Beal, so using the Sixers to fill out more of the package without giving up anything significant in addition to it would be a big win.
    Pelicans lineup: Ball, Beal, Ingram, Williamson, Hayes
    This 3 team trade actually looks good

I don't see any way the wizards do that deal. Two mid first round picks in what's considered a weak draft and also taking on a bad contract in Horford for Beal is really, really light.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't see any way the wizards do that deal. Two mid first round picks in what's considered a weak draft and also taking on a bad contract in Horford for Beal is really, really light.
    This. Beals value is very high

What the Wizards would be getting there is close to on par with other players of his caliber FWIW. Plus we donít know what direction they want to go in. If they want to retool on the fly itís a good pickup. Also Horford is getting really underrated. Heís still a good player and in this situation itís a perfect fit for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    What the Wizards would be getting there is close to on par with other players of his caliber FWIW. Plus we donít know what direction they want to go in. If they want to retool on the fly itís a good pickup. Also Horford is getting really underrated. Heís still a good player and in this situation itís a perfect fit for him.

Wizards have turned down many offers for beal. They werent holding out for mid first round picks bro.

Lets say for example the warriors sent the 2nd pick.. the Wizards would likely ask for future picks and also a guy like Paschal.

The Twolves would likely have to S&T Beasely + the first pick, plust another future pick..

These are just examples. Even with top lottery picks they would want good young players plus more picks. Minus a bad contract like Horfords.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-05-2020 at 12:05 PM.

If the Sixers were to trade for Beal it would cost them Simmons. Thatís what the Wizards would want imo. His value is high

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Jrue Holiday to the Clippers to pair up with Kawhi and George Paul kind of looks attractive but not really
    That would allow Kawhi to play a little more freely. He wouldnít have to be the one to initiate the offense. It actually would take a ton of pressure off of Kawhi. To me that was one of the flaws with the Clippers. Pat Bev is great defensively and is an important part of that team but heís not a play making PG. A lot like Milwaukee they are missing that guy that can create for others at the PG position.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    If the Mavs are able to get Jrue I predict they make the WC Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That would allow Kawhi to play a little more freely. He wouldnít have to be the one to initiate the offense. It actually would take a ton of pressure off of Kawhi. To me that was one of the flaws with the Clippers. Pat Bev is great defensively and is an important part of that team but heís not a play making PG. A lot like Milwaukee they are missing that guy that can create for others at the PG position.

Jrue Holiday let's face it would make the Clippers a better team

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Jrue Holiday let's face it would make the Clippers a better team
    They do not have the assets to acquire him.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast