Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baseball is back in STL... Arenado is a Cardinal

**** yes

Holy ****! Finally something to be happy about.

For who?

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Yeah.. Wonder who we gave up?

And it is being reported they are sending around 50 mil or so in relief money to us. Man I'm excited for the season now especially once yadi resigns!

Just came here to post this. I saw it come across the ticker on MLB Network.

Looks like Yadi will be signing also.

Hopefully it'll be a good year.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals

Lots of salary relief and no top 5 prospects going to COL

Mo and the Dewitts have gotten a lot of deserved hate lately but this buys them so much grace. This is huge

Waino was on MLB Network talking about coming back. He was in his car and dropped his phone and totally forgot the question they asked him. It was awesome. He said he was getting ready to go play catch with some high schoolers in his home town in Georgia. They asked him about Arenado and he said he couldn't reveal anything.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals

I like Gomber, but I LOVE Arenado. If they're getting 50 mil, and we land him for the next 6-7 years... awesome!

Big....huge news. Hopefully nothing gums it up. Now get the agreement for this year approved...with the DH and we will be ready.

Hopefully this doesn't fall through.

Based on what I am seeing on MLBTR, Arenado keeps his 2021 opt out, gains a 2022 opt out, and because he was traded another year is added on to the deal. Arenado is apparently deferring money as well.

With the Rockies kicking in 50m, even if Arenado opts out either 2021 or 2022 COL will be covering 3/4 of that money even if he walks after 2022. Cardinals are on the hook for only about 10m if that happens.
    Last edited by cards7; 02-01-2021 at 03:54 PM.

It seems o be a go. Lookin forward to this. Now bring in the DH.

Well... Elehuris Montero being included in the deal is a bummer. But, you have to give something up. After having an unbelievable year in 2018, he had fallen off quite a bit in 2019. Wasn't he in our top 3 prospects in 2018?

Still... love the deal, especially because of the money coming in. Even if he opts out... we got at least two years of superstar (that would be the only reason he would opt out in this financial climate). No chance he opts out this year... not after 2020's FA market never taking shape. He'll want to wait two years to let things recover.

The Rockies are covering all of Arenado's 2021 salaray (35 million). That is amazing lol. I don't wanna be greedy now but I wonder if that makes it so we can afford another free agent other than Waino and Yadi. Maybe we get Wong back on a 1 year deal and have the best defensive infield of all time. Or get Jonathan Schoop to add to some pop to the lineup.

All i know is im more excited for baseball this coming year than i have been in awhile

I would like to see Wong back, even though recent reporting says otherwise, and just make the defense just nasty. Would like to see maybe a SP addition with Hudson out next year and Carlos being a yearly question mark. Bauer will be too pricey but maybe see if James Paxton will fit. I can see the Cardinals giving Odorizzi a 1 year deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast