Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    of course "theScience(tm) folks" use the scientific method. To your point, there's certainly bad and uncredible sccience out there that we need to be skeptical of. But that's a separate discussion. It doesn't change the fact that the best way -- which, again, to your point, is far from perfect -- to know anything is to use the scientific method.
    No they really do not.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No they really do not.
    Yeah. They really do.

Yeah. They really do.
    Whatever helps you out.

Whatever helps you out.
    lol.

Saying science folks don't use the scientific method is like saying baseball players don't play baseball games. If science folks aren't using scientific method, then they aren't science folks.

There's bad science out there. There are bad scientists who make inaccurate claims by running bad experiments and using faulty data. Some have been known to falsify data.

Some baseball players have been known to cheat or strike out with the bases loaded in a close game in late innings. Some major leaguers have been known to drop easy-to-catch pop flies. Once upon a time, major leaguers would purposely lose games due to gambling interests.

But they still played the game. See what I'm getting at here?

Probably not. But it's still entertaining chatting with you.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 04-19-2021 at 06:19 PM.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

lol.

Saying science folks don't use the scientific method is like saying baseball players don't play baseball games. If science folks aren't using scientific method, then they aren't science folks.

There's bad science out there. There are bad scientists who make inaccurate claims by running bad experiments and using faulty data. Some have been known to falsify data.

Some baseball players have been known to cheat or strike out with the bases loaded in a close game in late innings. Some major leaguers have been known to drop easy-to-catch pop flies. Once upon a time, major leaguers would purposely lose games due to gambling interests.

But they still played the game. See what I'm getting at here?

Probably not. But it's still entertaining chatting with you.
    We see it the same way. The difference is you give a larger pass to theScience(tm) folks than you should based on your definition. Do you get it? Probably not, but at least we can be done with this.

We see it the same way. The difference is you give a larger pass to theScience(tm) folks than you should based on your definition. Do you get it? Probably not, but at least we can be done with this.
    Yeah. I think we were talking about the best way to actually know whether something is true or real. There’s science. It sure isn’t perfect but it’s the best we’ve got.

Yeah. I think we were talking about the best way to actually know whether something is true or real. There’s science. It sure isn’t perfect but it’s the best we’ve got.
    He doesn't like science. He should stop using his computer.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yep. There’s that. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Except I love science. Wish theScience(tm) folks did.

Looks like you and ciaban both consume the same dog **** media sources.

Very clever, painting broad and anonymous strokes. Very clever. Meaningless, but clever.

Love the self-flagellation. Very much a christian thing, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Love the self-flagellation. Very much a christian thing, I understand.
    Again terms you use don't mean what you think

Again terms you use don't mean what you think
    I know precisely what they mean.

No one on this site has made himself so quickly as pathetically distasteful as you. Clearly, it has been your intention from the start to have other posters despise you (in effect, you create the means for flagellation — hence, “self-flagellation”) because it makes you feel like a martyr to whatever unsavory cause you allegedly espouse. It all adds up to some sort of variation on good old masochism.

And maybe it is just a coincidence, but I note that christianty has a long history of attracting this kind of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I know precisely what they mean.

No one on this site has made himself so quickly as pathetically distasteful as you. Clearly, it has been your intention from the start to have other posters despise you (in effect, you create the means for flagellation — hence, “self-flagellation”) because it makes you feel like a martyr to whatever unsavory cause you allegedly espouse. It all adds up to some sort of variation on good old masochism.

And maybe it is just a coincidence, but I note that christianty has a long history of attracting this kind of people.
    Funny how you'd rather rabble on than to be accurate. I'm not here to please people. Just the facts.

Please take a moment and show me where I attacked your religious belief as you accused me of. It's all you and folks like you can do. attack without basis. Shocking that you all get along so well.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast